Students

College Grad Transferring to Uni

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2017 12:54 pm
[OP]
Mar 10, 2017
1 posts

College Grad Transferring to Uni

Hi, I'm currently enrolled in college doing a paralegal program but after I want to transfer to U of T or York to pursue finance or economics.. Problem is I never did Math in High school (i moved back to Canada senior year and when i had tests to see where i was at they said i didnt need to take math if i didnt want to) and those are the admissions requirements for most business based programs. If anyone knows if there is a way to be exempt to take a math course that would count for transferring please help. Or even business like programs in uni that don't require a math course would be helpful if anyone knows any

Btw I am enrolled in Humber College.

All types of feedback is appreciated

Thanks !
5 replies
Jul 28, 2014
944 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto, ON
leyla1907 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 1:39 am
Hi, I'm currently enrolled in college doing a paralegal program but after I want to transfer to U of T or York to pursue finance or economics.. Problem is I never did Math in High school (i moved back to Canada senior year and when i had tests to see where i was at they said i didnt need to take math if i didnt want to) and those are the admissions requirements for most business based programs. If anyone knows if there is a way to be exempt to take a math course that would count for transferring please help. Or even business like programs in uni that don't require a math course would be helpful if anyone knows any

Thanks !
finance or economics without math? come on man, you can't be serious.
Jul 30, 2013
228 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
leyla1907 wrote:

Thanks !
There are two ways, not to be exempt but two roads... One, you can go to a private school/night school and enroll in hs math courses. Two, you can enroll in the university as an undecided major/another major and take a first year math course that would be similar to hs math courses. From there, you can probably switch into your desired majors.

Best wishes.
Sep 2, 2016
189 posts
9 upvotes
leyla1907 wrote:

Thanks !
aaronjtml wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 7:14 am
There are two ways, not to be exempt but two roads... One, you can go to a private school/night school and enroll in hs math courses. Two, you can enroll in the university as an undecided major/another major and take a first year math course that would be similar to hs math courses. From there, you can probably switch into your desired majors.

Best wishes.
That seems the best option to me. You could even apply as an independent and take only maths courses.
Sep 11, 2014
149 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
http://www.ilc.org/index-main.php

$40 per course, you should be able to finish each course in around 2 months if you work efficiently or even in a month if you work hard. Btw, Uoft is much harder than York.
Jul 30, 2013
228 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Juggernaut1 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 12:26 pm
Btw, Uoft is much harder than York.
That's a myth. It really depends on the programme and even then no school is better than the other if you're looking to stay in Canada. Working internationally, going to the University of Toronto is a better choice.

No university is easy.