Students

College Science programs?

[OP]
Jul 4, 2008
59 posts
1 upvote

College Science programs?

I'm considering applying for all of these. But for the life of me, I can't find any comments on what the program is like, what the job prospect is, if it's useless, etc. Does anyone have any feedback regarding these?

College: SENECA
Program Title: BIOTECHNOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST (RESEARCH)

Program Title: CHEMICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY

Program Title: CHEMICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY - PHARMACEUTICAL

College: CENTENNIAL
Program Title: BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY CO-OP FAST TRACK

College: CENTENNIAL
Program Title: BIOTECHNOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST - INDUSTRIAL MICROBIOLOGY
5 replies
Dec 15, 2009
22 posts
I'm also really curious about the Centennial Industrial Microbiology program. I've heard good things about it.
May 21, 2010
10 posts
toronto
Hi,

I have a friend who is currently in his 3rd year at Centennial
taking the biotech - industrial microbio program. He said it isn't that challenging, exception to understanding the professors most of the time since they tend to go off track.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13313 posts
1188 upvotes
I wonder, would someone with a B.Sc. undergrad double-minor in Bio/French be a better candidate than someone who graduated from one of those programs, for those types of jobs?
May 21, 2010
10 posts
toronto
Syne wrote:
May 22nd, 2010 11:49 pm
I wonder, would someone with a B.Sc. undergrad double-minor in Bio/French be a better candidate than someone who graduated from one of those programs, for those types of jobs?
I am not sure.. But i think its comes down to experience in dealing with different materials and the number of hours you've dedicated to learning/practicing.
Mar 6, 2015
214 posts
4 upvotes
How is the OP situation now? Did you graduate from one of his or her listed program and get a career?