Automotive

Collision Repair Shops in Richmond Hill

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2019 8:09 am
Nov 10, 2003
995 posts
445 upvotes

Collision Repair Shops in Richmond Hill

Got into a car accident this evening and the other party wants to settle outside of insurance. I haven't made a decision which way to go but are there any RFD recommended repair shop in Richmond Hill?
7 replies
Nov 10, 2003
995 posts
445 upvotes
Other party, hence wanting to settle privately. Sorry, thought I had that in my OP.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4968 upvotes
GTA
You should just go through insurance. You don't owe this person anything, and you could end up getting screwed in the deal.

If they beg and plead, tell them to buy winter tires and drive more carefully.
Jan 3, 2005
716 posts
159 upvotes
derass wrote: You should just go through insurance. You don't owe this person anything, and you could end up getting screwed in the deal.

If they beg and plead, tell them to buy winter tires and drive more carefully.
+1.

I was in this situation once and after all the begging I agreed to get a minor thing fixed at the collision centre the other person wanted the repairs done at. About a year later there was rust at that very same spot showing through.
At least going through insurance the work is guaranteed.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5993 upvotes
Avoid Oaktown (South side Elgin Mills east of Yonge). They fixed my wife's van (she was rear ended at a stoplight) as an insurance claim - repair was poorly done and they refused to fix it under the terms of their "lifetime warranty". The manager was quite rude and arrogant. We had to go back to the insurance company (had them re-open the original claim) and the insurance company sent us to a different collision repair shop who fixed the bumper cover properly.