Home & Garden

which color is popular for condo flooring?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2018 2:17 pm
[OP]
Jun 16, 2018
8 posts

which color is popular for condo flooring?

I am about to replace my condo laminate flooring. My plan is to sell the unit within a year or 2. I was told grey matte finish colors are the way to go. I got few samples and I think it makes the condo look cold
and boring. I personally like semi gloss dark cherry wood color. I was also told by contractor to go with matte finish. Should I follow his advise and go with bleached matte grey flooring? Average age of person who buys units in my condo is high 50s. I think older people tend to like warmer darker colors.

Any advise will be appreciated.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
8867 posts
867 upvotes
Anything matte wire brush finish would be a good option.

You can go with a nice espresso or coffee colour in matte wire brush finish.

Super durable and forgiving in every way. The reason why grey is popular is because it's brighter to make the space look bigger but when I looked at it, I did not like it either in person. I much prefer the darker colours and I did not feel like it made the space darker.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5691 posts
2891 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I think that "trendy" matt grey shit could be out by the time you sell. Just put in something that looks good. I don't tend to be one to follow "trends".
Jan 15, 2011
454 posts
220 upvotes
Mississauga
A neutral cool medium brown. Goes with everyone’s furniture. Cherry can be just as off putting as trendy grey. Plus cherry is dated, so it won’t have that “brand new” look, even if it is. Look for something with texture, and more natte finish. I would stay away from really smooth and shiny, hard upkeep, especially when you start showing the place. Potential buyers won’t love a brand new floor that’s already shows foot prints before its being lived in.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9086 posts
1731 upvotes
Somewhere
Golden Select Toledo laminate available from Costco at $2/sqft.
:confused:
Feb 11, 2009
159 posts
28 upvotes
gvr
Agree with the trendy grey rustic finish may be out of the trend by the time you sell.
I would go with a natural wood colour (pine? oak?)
I personally don't like really yellow or really red tone. So something neutral would be my choice. Again it's up to you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)