Site Comments & Suggestions

Locked: Commentary and Questions Regarding Inconsistent Application of Forum Rules

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2012 5:55 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1326 upvotes
Hitman21 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 4:59 pm
There are many religions that oppose gay people :facepalm:
But I assume you'd agree, that if a member of RFD just happens to belong to such a religion, that member shouldn't have the freedom / right to express their religious beliefs by means of posting anti-gay content ( avatars, threads, posts, videos etc. ) on this site.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Banned
Mar 2, 2011
5476 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
poedua wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 5:13 pm
But I assume you'd agree, that if a member of RFD just happens to belong to such a religion, that member shouldn't have the freedom / right to express their religious beliefs by means of posting anti-gay content ( avatars, threads, posts, videos etc. ) on this site.

If they are promoting hatred it shouldn't be allowed but if they just voicing their opinion then its alright BUT rfd is privately owned and they can ban whatever they want its up to them.
Agafaba: "Hitman doesnt troll, he just has very strong opinions about controversial topics"
stealth: "Classic Hitman response. ;) A God amongst trolls"
pablonutribar: "Hehehe - you are a god amongst trolls."
king_george: "Keep up the good fight you awesome freeedom fighter you"
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1326 upvotes
Hitman21 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 5:25 pm
If they are promoting hatred it shouldn't be allowed but if they just voicing their opinion then its alright BUT
Yup...I agree....there is no place for the promotion of hatred of any kind on this site IMO.

That said, would you consider posting anti-gay content that was strictly in accordance with and only a reflection of one's religious beliefs ( from a religion that is opposed to gays ) as being " alright " ?
Hitman21 wrote:
rfd is privately owned and they can ban whatever they want its up to them.
I agree...which is why I find all this incessant whining and complaining about the banning of political and religious content on the basis of members' " rights " allegedly being being violated a bit over the top...to say the least.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18444 posts
3114 upvotes
GTA West
People, let's avoid getting this thread locked for stupid reasons. Religious discussion is not permitted.

It is impossible for anyone to bait me by responding to this post.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
8977 posts
14166 upvotes
I do not think an avatar or signature has to be offensive in order to be inappropriate.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2920 posts
76 upvotes
East York
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 6:45 pm
People, let's avoid getting this thread locked for stupid reasons. Religious discussion is not permitted.

It is impossible for anyone to bait me by responding to this post.
You have to realize that your attitude in this thread is baiting and instigating the situation more then anyone right? You keep saying it's impossible for people to bait you but honestly if you meant that you would have just PM'ed a mod directly. The excuse that they don't reply to PM's is just that an excuse. I've pm'ed various mods/admins ( I don't want to name, names ) and I've always gotten a reply within 24 hours.

It's also funny how the only people that have posted in this thread are a) people from tinychat and the other forum or b) known complainers that take every opportunity presented to them to complain.

But whatever, you did make some valid points in your rant and you do have the right to ask questions.

Short version - maybe you should adjust your approach and attitude.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12573 posts
2085 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
What amazes me is that no admin has posted yet.... It's been 2 full days now. Usually the admins are quick to post.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15992 posts
374 upvotes
Drew87 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 7:53 pm
You have to realize that your attitude in this thread is baiting and instigating the situation more then anyone right? You keep saying it's impossible for people to bait you but honestly if you meant that you would have just PM'ed a mod directly. The excuse that they don't reply to PM's is just that an excuse. I've pm'ed various mods/admins ( I don't want to name, names ) and I've always gotten a reply within 24 hours.

It's also funny how the only people that have posted in this thread are a) people from tinychat and the other forum or b) known complainers that take every opportunity presented to them to complain.

But whatever, you did make some valid points in your rant and you do have the right to ask questions.

???

Seriously, I don't know what happened to you lately, but you need stop hating a)people from tinychat b) people who 'complains' according to you.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2920 posts
76 upvotes
East York
dragon_drift wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 8:38 pm
???

Seriously, I don't know what happened to you lately, but you need stop hating a)people from tinychat b) people who 'complains' according to you.
I'm not hating - i'm just posting what I see happen -

A) you guys always agree with eachother
B) you guys always post within minutes of eachother
C) you guys seem to mainly post in eachothers topics -
D) when someone disagrees with you guys they're labeled a troll or "there's something wrong with them" or their "hating"........There in the wrong and you guys are always right.

It's weird....but whatever....I had lies made up about me because I disagreed with certain people and was called a "jerk"....Let's not derail this thread, in my post I said nothing negative - I even said I agreed with portions of J2M's posts.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Hitman21 wrote:
If they are promoting hatred it shouldn't be allowed but if they just voicing their opinion then its alright BUT rfd is privately owned and they can ban whatever they want its up to them.
Interesting. While you state people should not be allowed to promote hatred with their posts and avatars which can clearly offend someone, you also say no one has the right to be offended and cite freedom of speech. Which is it? Is there freedom of speech or not? You can not have it both ways.
Hitman21 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 12:01 pm
Who cares if its offensive :facepalm: you dont have the right not to be offended. Apparently you haven't heard of Free Speech :facepalm:
This is the problem. People, like yourself, tend to hide behind freedom of speech when it goes in your favour and when it doesn't, you hide behind the "promoting hatred" label.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18444 posts
3114 upvotes
GTA West
Drew87 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 7:53 pm

It's also funny how the only people that have posted in this thread are a) people from ( ... chat site ...) and the other forum or b) known complainers that take every opportunity presented to them to complain.

geokilla wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 8:21 pm
What amazes me is that no admin has posted yet.... It's been 2 full days now. Usually the admins are quick to post.
All I'm going to say is that I considered my options carefully before deciding to call out Oranr in public, and that I remind you both that I specifically said in my first post that rule-breaking users who use that chat site should be banned.

I wrote a whole lot of response to these posts but I deleted it because I cannot in good conscience comment more before getting Oranr / RFD's response to my original issue. (Hopefully there is a response rather than a non-response.)
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
ishfish wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 7:19 pm
I do not think an avatar or signature has to be offensive in order to be inappropriate.
I agree. I was told to change my sig because it was deemed inappropriate for the site. It was quotes from Hitman which were very amusing and I assume he did not like it so he complained. I was told (not asked) to change it and I complied. I did not ***** and whine about it. I did not make a thread or post that it was unfair and my freedoms and rights were being violated and that I was going to take RFD to the HRT as they were violating the Charter of Rights.

All this childish whining and belly aching is (I do agree with poedua on this) getting tiresome and simply pathetic. Oranr said that if people in OT behave, that the poltiical forum would be discussed in the future, but at this rate with all this immature antics is just proving Oranr correct and not having a political forum is for the best.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2920 posts
76 upvotes
East York
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 8:58 pm
All I'm going to say is that I considered my options carefully before deciding to call out Oranr in public, and that I remind you both that I specifically said in my first post that rule-breaking users who use that chat site should be banned.

I wrote a whole lot of response to these posts but I deleted it because I cannot in good conscience comment more before getting Oranr / RFD's response to my original issue. (Hopefully there is a response rather than a non-response.)
I understand where you're coming from, I was just giving you my point of view, and my point of view is that despite how "carefully thought out" your posts have been, they may also be the reason WHY you haven't gotten a response..It's easy to think you're in the right or that your approach is right.....Sometimes you have to step outside of your own mind/point of view and try to see it from a different angle.... I know you're a smart guy and you wouldn't post something like this without having a just cause.

Best of luck - I'm interested in oranr's response to your original posts because I have questions of my own that you posted that I'd like an answer to.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
8977 posts
14166 upvotes
D-Roc wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 9:01 pm
I agree. I was told to change my sig because it was deemed inappropriate for the site. It was quotes from Hitman which were very amusing and I assume he did not like it so he complained. I was told (not asked) to change it and I complied. I did not ***** and whine about it. I did not make a thread or post that it was unfair and my freedoms and rights were being violated and that I was going to take RFD to the HRT as they were violating the Charter of Rights.
I find the politics and character of the site quite fascinating.

But at the end of the day I know my participation on the site is more of a priviledge than a right. And that it is an exercise in respect not necessarily agreement. And deleting your signature was respectful if Hitman found it to be an unfortunate quote of his.

But I understand ippon questioning the deletion of his sig. as I personally thought it to be the opposite of sexist. I don't even know if I would call it religious. And a healthy site/staff allow reasonable questioning. I am sure this past week has not been an easy one for them.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
ishfish wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 9:18 pm
I find the politics and character of the site quite fascinating.

But at the end of the day I know my participation on the site is more of a priviledge than a right. And that it is an exercise in respect not necessarily agreement. And deleting your signature was respectful if Hitman found it to be an unfortunate quote of his.

But I understand ippon questioning the deletion of his sig. as I personally thought it to be the opposite of sexist. I don't even know if I would call it religious. And a healthy site/staff allow reasonable questioning. I am sure this past week has not been an easy one for them.
At first Hitman was happy with my sig, but when I altered it to point out the flaw of one of his quotes (and quite amusing I must say) and facpalm the other, he probably saw an opportunity to complain. Meh, I am not worried. I am sure there will be plenty of other memorable quotes I can copy and paste into my sig. He has had some doozies in the past. :lol: