Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
3399 posts
1397 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…

Committed a RFD sin

I was in a SDM (which belongs to my new neighbour) the other day to buy milk. Looked at the yogurt and saw 600-700ml tubs marked down $3 or 4 so the net price was $0.39. There was also a PCO bonus of 1,500pts if you bought two (there were several tubs) so Loblaw's was essentially giving you $0.72 to take two away. I looked at the yogurt and saw that it was one of those vile, 0% fat varieties. Much to my surprise, they couldn't give me (a little bit of) money to take it away, which is committing a RFD cardinal sin.
Last edited by thriftshopper on Sep 9th, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4814 posts
2017 upvotes
Boo
Downvote
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18897 posts
3559 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
thriftshopper wrote: I was in a SDM (which belongs to my new neighbour) the other day to buy milk. Looked at the yogurt and saw 600-700ml tubs marked down $3 or 4 so the net price was $0.39. There was also a PCO bonus of 1,500pts if you bought two (there were several tubs) so Loblaw's was essentially giving you $0.72 to take two away. I looked at the yogurt and saw that it was one of those vile, 0% fat varieties. Much to my surprise, they couldn't give me (a little bit of) money to take it away, which is committing a RFD cardinal sin.
So what kind of milk did you buy?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
3399 posts
1397 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Jucius Maximus wrote: So what kind of milk did you buy?
Well, the cheapest high fat which is 2% and I've noticed the price is ~9¢ / 4l less than at the nearby RCSS and I get points to boot. What's better was the marked down Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese. 99¢ a 250g brick compared to $3.99 normal price so I got 4 (I don't care too much about expiration dates). Never seen it for less than $2.50 on sale, and that's rare. Cheese cakes coming up!
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19093 posts
1574 upvotes
Cool story bro.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11635 posts
8870 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
@thriftshopper Lol good story
But ya know not every RFDer is related to El Cheapo... some of us just believe in good value for our money spent
If you ain’t gonna use it, or its going to end up going bad... then it’s not a good investment
No matter how much someone bribes you to take it off their hands

And ya... I foresee a move in your future
Bets are on that the Mods are gonna put this into the PCO Megathread
Upside-down Face
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1497 upvotes
I support your decision. 0% fat dairy. Paying you to haul it away...gotta pay more.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6597 posts
5475 upvotes
Toronto
thriftshopper wrote: I was in a SDM (which belongs to my new neighbour) the other day to buy milk. Looked at the yogurt and saw 600-700ml tubs marked down $3 or 4 so the net price was $0.39. There was also a PCO bonus of 1,500pts if you bought two (there were several tubs) so Loblaw's was essentially giving you $0.72 to take two away. I looked at the yogurt and saw that it was one of those vile, 0% fat varieties. Much to my surprise, they couldn't give me (a little bit of) money to take it away, which is committing a RFD cardinal sin.
And then?
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝