Off Topic

community housing next door uses my address for food delivery

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2018 12:41 am
[OP]
Oct 15, 2016
9 posts

community housing next door uses my address for food delivery

I live in a detached house next to a large community housing complex. (Ontario) When I say "next to", i mean immediately adjacent.

It goes like this.

Randomly, a delivery guy rings my bell, holding some kind of food. Often it's Domino's pizza, but recently I think they are Uber eats. I believe they are almost always unpaid, because the delivery guy usually hands me the bill.

I tell the delivery guys I didn't order it. They always apologize. I close the door.
Then through my windows, I see the delivery guy calls the phone number on the order. Then I see him driving to the next door community housing complex.

Once I had a short chat with a Domino delivery guy. I told him to never delivery to my address. He says he's just a delivery guy and he can't do such things. He told me that the community housing complex address is blacklisted and they do not deliver there (He did not tell me the reason).

So either a person or multiple people in that community housing complex (it's a low rise but a very large complex. I am not sure but could be 50+ units) is using my address for food delivery, assuming (correctly) that I will refuse the delivery and the driver will call the number on the order. I don't even know if it's a single person using my address or more than one person.

I had this problem going on for two years now. But recently its getting worse. Twice this week alone.

What can I do?

I would appreciate realistic suggestions.
54 replies
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2014 posts
456 upvotes
Ontario
I worked security once in a building where the delivery guys kept getting robbed. Call dominos or find out who is ordering the food and tell them to stop.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
3154 posts
463 upvotes
GTA
Simple, order uber eats and dominos, when they arrive don't pay so your address gets blacklisted...

Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5204 posts
2164 upvotes
I really like shabby's idea. Totally bad, yet so effective. Just don't call from your normal line or I wont end well for you.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7489 posts
1727 upvotes
Mississauga
shabby wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 8:53 pm
Simple, order uber eats and dominos, when they arrive don't pay so your address gets blacklisted...

But then you can never order from them for yourself.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10985 posts
834 upvotes
Brampton
Follow the delivery guy into the projects to see where its delivered to. Then tell them to stop doing it.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4831 posts
997 upvotes
Perfect example that people who live in community projects aren’t stupid, lol.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Jan 26, 2017
560 posts
558 upvotes
TodayHello wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 10:55 pm
Perfect example that people who live in community projects aren’t stupid, lol.
Yeah, no kidding...they’re definitely putting good use to the Domino’s 50% off promo this week lol
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
7847 posts
4802 upvotes
love that these "welfare bums" can afford things like dominos and uber eats.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11673 posts
1385 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
> Once I had a short chat with a Domino delivery guy. I told him to never delivery to my address. He says he's just a delivery guy and he can't do such things.

Talk to the boss and explain the situation to get your address "blacklisted". Don't play games.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
9949 posts
7233 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
webshark wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 8:53 pm
I worked security once in a building where the delivery guys kept getting robbed. Call dominos or find out who is ordering the food and tell them to stop... taking orders for that phone number / person
This
rabbit wrote:
Jul 15th, 2018 2:11 am
> Once I had a short chat with a Domino delivery guy. I told him to never delivery to my address. He says he's just a delivery guy and he can't do such things.

Talk to the boss and explain the situation to get your address "blacklisted". Don't play games.
Or this...

If you are the type of person who is never going to order take out

If it is Dominos policy not to deliver to the Housing Project... then it’s up to them & their drivers to enforce that rule

Way it’s working now... BOTH you & the Driver seem to be working for the rule bender
Jul 14, 2018
3 posts
How about the next few times it happens, just pay for the bill and take the food. Enjoy dinner. I bet after a few times of going hungry they will find another method.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5663 posts
749 upvotes
Scarborough
what if u took the food, delivery guy left and then u just toss the bag somewhere on the street ?

that would be good revenge, no ? Whoever ordered using your address could then go pick it up from the street..........and they'll yell at ubereats and get the new place blacklisted too, lol
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8093 posts
2085 upvotes
Mississauga
Isn't UberEats prepaid? If yes, just keep the UberEats delivery.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5663 posts
749 upvotes
Scarborough
those welfare bums can afford fancy food its time to boot them outta community housing........can;t believe those people can stay in that forever
what a waste of resources