• Feb 6th, 2010 3:59 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 7, 2009
18 posts
scarborough

Companies that will donate-School Fundraiser

I was wondering if anyone had any luck with certain companies regarding raffle prizes for school fundraisers? We are a school in Scarborough.
3 replies
Aug 22, 2003
15539 posts
960 upvotes
Niagara Falls
From experience, you'll probably have better luck approaching independent businesses vs. places like Canadian Tire, etc. Most, if not all of the big corporations require all request submissions months to a full year in advance. Get your parent committee in full swing as the best results for this type of thing usually comes from one's own employers who are generally members of the same community.
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2004
4204 posts
87 upvotes
CSK'sMom wrote:
Feb 5th, 2010 7:29 pm
From experience, you'll probably have better luck approaching independent businesses vs. places like Canadian Tire, etc. Most, if not all of the big corporations require all request submissions months to a full year in advance. Get your parent committee in full swing as the best results for this type of thing usually comes from one's own employers who are generally members of the same community.
Good advice!
Try local Real estate agents, insurance brokers, loacl trust companies or long standing neighbourhood restaurants - places and people that are in the local community.
Apr 4, 2008
513 posts
838 upvotes
I agree with the above comments. I have found in the past as long as you have your request typed on the school letter head, most independent business will give you something. Many places enjoy the free publicity by posting your request on their wall.
× < >