[OP]
Dec 24, 2008
326 posts
28 upvotes
Regina

Compare the netbook deals

FS: Acer, ATOM 450, 1G, 160G, 10.1", 6 Cell, Purple , $230

WM: Acer, Su2300, 2G, 250G, 11.6", 3 Cell, $348 , intel 4500MHD video with HDMI

FS: Gateway, Neo K125, 1G DDR3, 250G, 10.1", 6 cell, $280, ATI Radeon HD 4225 HDMI

IMO, if you only need it for email, chat, news, some music, video, and don't care the color, the $230 one is enough.

If you care the Youtube more, then the $280 is good. I don't see the $348 is a good deal. though some one treat it a s a laptop, but you can buy a real laptop for that price.

but that's only my $0.02
5 replies
Apr 6, 2003
717 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
thanks for the comparison
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2002
1294 posts
81 upvotes
I've been trying to compare the walmart Acer to the FS Gateway:

Besides the 1.5" larger display and the english keyboard, the FS Gateway seems like a better deal with the faster processor and larger battery?

Plus you save $80 or so? Anything i'm missing, since everyones going lady gaga over the Wal-mart acer?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46858 posts
4861 upvotes
Toronto
Kenneth wrote:
Sep 14th, 2010 1:11 am
I've been trying to compare the walmart Acer to the FS Gateway:

Besides the 1.5" larger display and the english keyboard, the FS Gateway seems like a better deal with the faster processor and larger battery?

Plus you save $80 or so? Anything i'm missing, since everyones going lady gaga over the Wal-mart acer?

I'm not sure where Acer ranks In terms of laptop/netbook quality but I know that Gateway has bad reputation and that most people on RFD refuse to buy Gateway laptops/netbooks.
Oct 24, 2007
790 posts
37 upvotes
BC
Jimboski wrote:
Sep 14th, 2010 1:13 am
I'm not sure where Acer ranks In terms of laptop/netbook quality but I know that Gateway has bad reputation and that most people on RFD refuse to buy Gateway laptops/netbooks.

I actually don't get why Gateway gets so much hate. I have an older tablet pc/laptop and the thing is a tank. I dropped it while it was open(with high velocity too since I tripped on the cord) from about a metre and it landed on my CONCRETE garage floor. I FREAKED.. thinking it was game over... but the thing was COMPLETELY fine. I couldn't even find any scratches and the lcd was flawless. Still works great now.

My old vaio on the other hand... I dropped it CLOSED while I was kneeling on plush carpet. It wasn't even a drop. There was no power or speed behind it... more like it just sort of fumbled a bit on the ground. The lcd completely SHATTERED. It was a mess and just broken garbage after. I was so shocked it could be so fragile.