Off Topic Archive

Locked: Complaint about Goodlife fitness - who to contact?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2012 10:42 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 7, 2010
596 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough

Complaint about Goodlife fitness - who to contact?

I have a complaint against service I received at Goodlife Fitness. I sent a complaint using the contact link on their website, but have not received any response in a week. Does anyone know a better person to contact for this?
Goodlife Fitness SUCKS
Share:
43 replies
Banned
Nov 30, 2008
845 posts
40 upvotes
flashy-land
what happened ? I was looking at joining them for their fitness classes.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13791 posts
1303 upvotes
I'm not sure how Goodlife is these days, but they definitely have a spotty reputation.

I remember that they liked to tack on fees to your monthly payments without asking (opt out fees) and people have reported having a hard time cancelling their memberships.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
1490 posts
19 upvotes
Try the wahmbulance.
:?:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8731 posts
2090 upvotes
London
Syne wrote:
Apr 17th, 2011 6:06 pm
I'm not sure how Goodlife is these days, but they definitely have a spotty reputation.

I remember that they liked to tack on fees to your monthly payments without asking (opt out fees) and people have reported having a hard time cancelling their memberships.
Are there any fitness clubs that actually have a good reputation?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16125 posts
1392 upvotes
Thornhill
I've been with Goodlife for 10+ years and probably a few years on and off before that - never had a problem with fees. I did complain by posting on their bulletin/comments board that the staff threw away several of the items I left behind instead of putting them in the lost-and-found though and that the message was removed without being addressed tho... Pants, gloves, locks, water bottle etc.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
3691 posts
104 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote:
Apr 17th, 2011 6:23 pm

Not that im aware of.

I'm with goodlife through a corporate plan, so I don't have to deal with monthly charges...with that said the rest of their service has been excellent in most cases.
[OP]
Sep 7, 2010
596 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough
taxman007 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2011 5:15 pm
what happened ? I was looking at joining them for their fitness classes.

Well, I really do hope that this thread doesn't get hijacked to a discussion of goodlife's customer service in general, or others opinions on this specific incident.. I really just want to know who I can contact to get this resolved.

But since you asked.. I started my workout on the elliptical machine as I usually do for warmups. Part way through, this guy comes up to me and claims that he has "booked" this machine. Let me make it clear - in the 4+ years that I have been a goodlife member, I have never even *heard* of being able to book machines. I tell him I will be done in 10 minutes.

He returns with the *manager* who kicks me off te machine.. despite the fact that I had less than 10 minutes left, and there was a similar machine open.

She ruined my workout.
Goodlife Fitness SUCKS
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16125 posts
1392 upvotes
Thornhill
Wow... My location doesn't require booking (doesn't have that type of system) but I've been to gyms where they do - don't remember if it was a GL. We only have a 30 min limit if people are waiting tho.

bjl
Jack Bauer wrote:
Apr 17th, 2011 6:58 pm
Well, I really do hope that this thread doesn't get hijacked to a discussion of goodlife's customer service in general, or others opinions on this specific incident.. I really just want to know who I can contact to get this resolved.

But since you asked.. I started my workout on the elliptical machine as I usually do for warmups. Part way through, this guy comes up to me and claims that he has "booked" this machine. Let me make it clear - in the 4+ years that I have been a goodlife member, I have never even *heard* of being able to book machines. I tell him I will be done in 10 minutes.

He returns with the *manager* who kicks me off te machine.. despite the fact that I had less than 10 minutes left, and there was a similar machine open.

She ruined my workout.
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
187 upvotes
Jack Bauer wrote:
Apr 17th, 2011 6:58 pm

She ruined my workout.

Which branch? Were you using equipment in the Executive area?
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto
ottomaddox wrote:
are there any fitness clubs that actually have a good reputation?
y
m
c
a
Buy Bell, and you go to HELL! :-0
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2683 posts
443 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote:
I go to Mayfair. A bit on the pricier side but you'll never have to deal with any type of crap that you hear about from other gyms.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2732 posts
132 upvotes
Peterborough
Nook wrote:
Apr 17th, 2011 7:32 pm
y
m
c
a
They even have a cool song. Does anybody know the Goodlife theme? Not!
Penalty Box
Jul 28, 2010
648 posts
50 upvotes
goodlifes dece

if you want shady lets talk premier
where you can pre-negotiate your contract and get 50% off + multiple perks...LOL @ people that pay the full rip off prices there, just LOL!
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
Nook wrote:
Apr 17th, 2011 7:32 pm
y
m
c
a

Ha....a good reputation for frequent locker room thefts maybe ;)
As far as business practices go, their fine...but not in terms of quality of members.

OP, as far as your complaint goes, it was a waste of time. I worked in fitness clubs for several years, once upon a time. Club managers are evaluated on 1 criteria only....membership sales. If you wanted to make a point of it, at the moment the manager kicked you off and you had her attention you should have said you were apalled with this treatment/policy and that you'd like her to spend 10mins with you RIGHT NOW to review your membership cancellation options. Seriously, money is the only thing these places understand. Its a cutthroat business. At best you might have been able to get her to give you a free month to make the whole thing go away. Their entering summer season which is always really slow.

That said, IMO GL although not perfect are one of the best to deal with in this business.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.