• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2018 7:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2006
1330 posts
105 upvotes
sandikosh wrote: Nobody will care? In this age of the internet and the easy access to social media, one with just their fingers can wage a "war" on the dealership. Use facebook, twiitter and various forums and inform potential customers of the lack of after sales service of this company. Keep it up and you will get their attention!

You're right unfortunately. Negative attention/press seems to be the only way to have some companies take notice and do something.

Take a friend of mine who bought a new house. House turned out to be a lemon and the builder simply ignored him or gave him excuses.

My buddy became desperate and decided to fight back. He but together a bulletin board with pictures describing all the faulty workmanship. He then sat outside one of the builder's showroom with his bulletin board and engaged every new customer. Some people simply turned around and didn't go into the showroom.

The builder first ignored him and then called the police but the cops did nothing because he was on public property.

The next day the builder contacted my buddy and told him that all repairs would be done if he would stop picketing the showroom.

My buddy told the builder that he had 2 weeks to finish everything or else he would start picketing again.

Let just say the my buddy is happy at how things turned out.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4622 upvotes
GTA
fogo wrote:
The next day the builder contacted my buddy and told him that all repairs would be done if he would stop picketing the showroom.

Brilliant !!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2011
1161 posts
113 upvotes
Kitchener
I kmow it's a drive for some of you . I live in Kitchener but bought my last 2 Fords from Brant County Ford in Brantford . To me it's worth the drive for great service .
Oct 29, 2013
1 posts
Wow, I am having a very similar experience to many posts here - when a dealership service issue arises, Ford Canada provides the standard answer "sorry, that is the dealer and we have no control over them". I was dealing with Jim Kay Ford in Orleans Ontario, just outside of Ottawa and they miss-diagnosed a problem (even though I told them specifically what the issue was - I get that they have to verify the problem themselves). They left me in a very awkward situation late on a Thursday evening with a vehicle which I should not have taken on a 4 day road trip because they made a mistake (even though they promised me when I dropped it off at 8am that morning that they will resolve all the problems), they refused to provide me with a loaner or a rental (which I was very open to receiving). I was told I was being unreasonable, I was treated rudely. I respectfully voiced my displeasure with their service department and overall customer service. I have purchased 9 new Ford vehicles since 1996... that can only be classified as a loyal customer. I will now have to rethink my loyalty simply because Jim Kay Ford has absolutely no idea what customer service is. When I contacted Ford Canada yesterday, they restated what many have already posted above - sorry, this is a dealership issue. Ridiculous. I work in customer service and if I ever treated my customers like this, then my job would be on the line. Ford, you need to re-examine your "dealership relationship" if you have no oversight or power when dealers treat customers like this. Now to look up OMVIC and Better Business Bureau....
Mar 9, 2014
1 posts
Here is s response from a Ford executive; Our Ford dealerships are all independently owned and operated. Ford Motor Company of Canada Limited does not get involved with dealership staffing / union issues.
I am assuming all dealerships operate the same, proving that no matter what, the customers and staff are on the hook.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2006
1066 posts
364 upvotes
Centre of Universe
Oopsie, I just got back home after test driving a 2014 Edge at the local Ford dealer. Now, I'm worried if I'm gonna make a bad decision or not.
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
Dem 1 post haters. I feel bad to hear all these horror stories. Thought Ford would be much better than this.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
Your not, it's a great car. Remember, if you don't like the customer service at one dealer, your welcome to go to another dealer.

torontoguy777 wrote: Oopsie, I just got back home after test driving a 2014 Edge at the local Ford dealer. Now, I'm worried if I'm gonna make a bad decision or not.
Banned
Feb 20, 2007
3042 posts
1316 upvotes
Aren't all car dealerships franchises? Try talking to the General Manager or Service Manager. The best service I've ever had was when I owned my Infiniti at Alta Infiniti, great service department, they always give you a loaner when the service is 2+ hours. I find most non-luxury brand service departments to be the same. Guess that's the premium you pay.
Sep 25, 2009
630 posts
82 upvotes
Mississauga
Bewildered wrote: Ford Motor Company of Canada Limited does not get involved with dealership staffing / union issues.
Translation: Ford doesn't carry about Rip-off attempts, endless service and quality issues.

I strongly recommend to Ford Canada to change the attitude and make all the dealers work hard for the right to bear 110 years old logo.
Toyota / Honda are not premium brands, any you cannot fight for endless discounts, but some how people still drive more then they complain
"if you torture the data long enough nature will confess" Economist Ronald Coase - University of Chicago
Mar 15, 2014
1 posts
1 upvote
I own a 2010 Ford Escape and didn't have to many problems but had to be towed twice to the dealer, 1st. time @ 30,000 kms for an intermittent fuel pump module that the dealer could not find the problem and I finished repairing, ABS light coming only in summer, the dealer replaced the LF ABS sensor and the light came coming on, happens to be bad harness plugged in the ABS module and again I found the problem, LF speaker rattles some times (speaker or Stereo) still didn't check it. insulation on the dash coming off (cheap glue). LF drive shaft started to leak oil (there is a TSB). Engine Loud in temperatures @ minus 20 degree (Like if the exhaust was broken) goes away when warm up. One of the worst dealer I've been is Colony in Brampton ON. service advisors just want to make money even for stuff that is under Warranty, don't go there, they have attitude specially the female ones. Seats are sagging (I am 170 lbs.) quality of materials suck. I expect from a new car to be trouble free @ least the 1st 100,000 kms. I had a 1995 Neon which I bought for $500.00 in 2000, drove it for 10 years and had issues but 95% trouble free (one of the best cars I ever owned). I may get rid of the Escape soon and get may be a Subaru or a Mazda SUV, I don't buy Toyota because the crash test is poor, I know a car is not to be involved in an accident, but what if the situation comes.
Sep 20, 2014
1 posts
1 upvote
Courtenay, BC
Ford Canada does not care plain and simple. Neither do most of the dealers. There technicians are told to make up ***** to deny warranty, and when caught in that lie and proven wrong they still deny warranty and Ford Canada does nothing. West View Ford in Courtenay BC is one of the worst dealers next to Steve Marshall Ford. They wonder why so many of there past clients never come back, its because they are going to Nanaimo or Victoria for service and warranty work. I am sorry I ever bought a Ford or supported there company. They have gone down hill right behind Dodge and GM!
Jan 19, 2018
1 posts
I went for a simple oil change on my truck on January 9/18 @ 7:30am which was set up a week before.
One hour after they started, the service manager FRED called me and said “we damaged your truck”, it fell of the hoist and was told by Fred it was because it’s a bad design by ford...

I went with him to the service section to see my truck and it was badly damaged from the fall off the hoist meaning it was not put up and serviced properly by the technician in charge who I found out later was unexperienced and unauthorized to work on a DIESEL truck....
I agreed to continue with oil change for now and I asked nicely not to let the same technician continue working on my truck. Their response to me was it’s not my decision and they let the same technician work on my truck...
Around 1:00pm I got a call saying my truck is ready.
I went to start my truck and was about to leave and at that moment all the interior lights came on notifying me that somethings wrong.
I called the service advisor Mark to see what’s going on and at first he came to check and was surprised and then he went to call the service manager but the service manager did not want to come check my truck and said don’t worry the lights will go off alone, letting me leave Ford knowing something was wrong and knowing my truck was not drivable and I could’ve been in danger.
I continued my day and went to work driving in a snowstorm -22 to Burlington. After a few minutes of driving the engine power light warning came on the truck and the truck was slowing down and did not pass the 40 km as I was on the highway...
The engine shut off and I was stuck for 4 hours with my defective truck on the Hwy that Ford let me leave with saying everything was OK and put my life in danger... A tow truck came and was showing me that I have a residue of a dry white powder on the gas nozzle which belongs to the emission liquid DEF that was put into the GAS TANK instead of putting it in the nozzle of the DEF TANK where it was supposed to go, which was done by the unexperienced technician who wasn’t allowed to work on a diesel truck...
The tow truck couldn’t tow my truck because my truck can only be towed by a flat bed tow truck which wasn’t available at that time because of the weather storm condition...
After many tries my truck started but didn’t have the engine power and didn’t go over 60 km...
I drove slowly on the highway in danger in a storm and managed to get home. I brought my truck back to the Ford dealership the next day.
They checked and said something is wrong in the gas and gave me a replacement truck until they fix the problem.
In the meantime they sent my truck to the body shop.
Not to mention that in between all this happening, I tried to contact the general manager in charge Jim Hamilton which was on vacation at that time. So I was told I have to wait until Monday when he comes back. I when’s back on Monday to speak with Jim Hamilton and was miss treated by the receptionist. She told me he wasn’t there yet. I left a message with the receptionist for Jim to call me back but I never received a call back. I called again 2 days later to speak to Jim and was told by him that he has to investigate the situation and again wait for a call back. Once again no help... Friday, January 19, I got a call back from the service manager Fred that my truck is ready and still no call back from Jim Hamilton the head manager. We agreed that I will go pick up my truck Saturday morning. I went back to Ford to pick up my truck. I went to check my truck with the service advisor and a bad moment I was in shock. They did a cover of job and thought I wouldn’t notice. The bottom of the truck looked like it was fixed by a butcher. I asked Sheldon the service advisor to speak to Jim because I refused to take my truck in that condition. Sheldon called the Jim and Jim’s response was “I can’t see him right now I wasn’t expecting him” and did not come out to see me. I left the dealership leaving Jim a message to please call me back ASAP. Again I was being ignored, not helped in the series situation... after I left I called Jim the general manager once again and he answered and again I understood I will not get help from him.
It’s not humanly normal what happened. They destroyed my vehicle 2017 Ford Transit E350 Diesel, 6 months old which are used to feed my family....

Now I request a complete report and explanation in writing as to what happened and what was done to my truck.
You/Ford Yorkdale cannot ignore this serious situation or ignore me no longer...
Images
  • 85761D40-B884-4570-9ED2-1F0079F4324F.jpeg
  • 98623B6F-BE47-4B21-AEE3-A65923A9BB4E.jpeg
  • 45645CC2-40B2-4E08-B4D1-0D9BCA0FAB1E.jpeg
  • DDA30807-407D-4E7A-95F8-88EE6506D910.jpeg
  • AF9CA10B-89EF-43CA-88E6-34A461687AA0.jpeg
  • 4BF66556-B0B9-417B-BC5A-3C99F836C3FD.jpeg
  • BC440FCB-47A2-4124-9AE1-9121614153F3.jpeg