Complaints and Rants on Sears' online presence

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2017 4:09 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
pootza wrote: Sears caught again ripping off the consumer ... they have no shame

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... -1.3963873
This caught my attention-a three page rebate form:
The email said the CRA conducts "GST/HST business audits and examinations to ensure that businesses are meeting their tax obligations, including remitting the tax that they are required to remit."

The Canada Revenue Agency says that if the retailer does not credit the rebate for items that qualify, consumers can apply directly to the agency for the money.

Beware: the application form is three pages long.

"I don't have time for that," Amedjkouh said. "I didn't know you had to go through the process, and even if that's what I have to do I won't have time for it, for sure."
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
May 24, 2007
325 posts
98 upvotes
British Columbia
I'm happy to report, I've had some good experiences in the last while. Maybe they are getting it together?

Anyways, my jacket returns weren't auto-refunded, but I saw they were received weeks ago. So I phoned and they took care of it immediately. The CS seemed surprised I returned it by mail.

I purchased a bunch of items from the "50% off clearance items" deal the other day and they all came to my door quick.

So what this thread has taught us, if you want to actually buy from Sears Online:

• I suggest just getting your items shipped right to your door, then you eliminate any potential middle-man problems with the outlets.
  • DON'T return online items to a store! They just have to ship it to the online part as it seems they don't share inventory. Use the free shipping labels to return instead.

A lot of these issues are related to their lack of communication between the stores and the online shopping.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
They're still struggling with their online presence. I ordered 2 jackets in November, one was returned ( took 6 weeks for refund ) and the second jacket wasn't even charged to my CC. Almost as bad as bed bath and beyond who always seem to send me 2 of the same item 2 weeks apart lol. In this day and age, an effective online presence is key to success for big retailers like Sears.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3208 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
It's been four weeks since my order I made on Saturday, January 14th was shipped and Sears still hasn't made a late presentment to my credit card for my website order. Has anyone else's credit card charge been this delayed?
Oct 12, 2008
11 posts
1 upvote
I return items to a pick-up outlet and they do not provide any confirmation or tracking numbers. It's been 45 days and 2 calls to CS and still no refund posted to my credit card...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
Email Sears social. You'll get a refund within a week.
jywf wrote: I return items to a pick-up outlet and they do not provide any confirmation or tracking numbers. It's been 45 days and 2 calls to CS and still no refund posted to my credit card...
Apr 14, 2017
2 posts
2 upvotes
In the same boat. I returned some online purchase at Fairview store on March 9, but I got a letter size paper that look kind of like the shipping label. The staff told me it takes 7-10 days for my refund. However, I have received the refund so far.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2602 posts
488 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
Dang if i had only knew the headache involve with sears online then i would not have bothered. Well gonna try emailing sears social.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
A recent article in the Toronto Star and Hamilton Spectator did mention something about possible supplier concerns about Sears' ability to pay despite major shareholder's cash infusions.
Sears is hardly alone. Retailers have announced the closures of more than 2,000 stores this year alone. Big retail is on pace to see more bankruptcies in 2017 than in any year since the Great Recession, according to research by the consultancy AlixPartners.

“The past year will be remembered as one of the most challenging periods for ‘brick and mortar’ retailers — and our company was one of the many affected by these headwinds,” Lampert wrote in a blog post in May.

Lampert has acknowledged that vendors are getting nervous about doing business with Sears. In May, the retailer filed a lawsuit against a tool supplier that it believes is “trying to take advantage of negative rumours” to get out of a contract.
https://www.thestar.com/business/2017/0 ... lapse.html
He's not thrilled that coverage is not focusing on what changes have been made for the better.
Mar 23, 2016
821 posts
227 upvotes
Sears is literally a mini nightmare to deal with - absolutely terrible company. Hope they improve.
*Faux transparency / censorship warning for RFD*
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
My personal issue with the store is that quite a few good things in the catalogue are never in the stores. That is why it's a shame the larger stores in Eaton Centre and Square One were closed as they tended to have more ranges of merchandise than smaller suburban stores. I consider myself lucky to have been able to find some socks in March that I liked as the selection was really limited at my local store (Lime Ridge Mall). I may have a chance to see how the store looks now as I assume the upper level renovations must be close to completion.
The lack of cash desks must be reflecting the higher costs of minimum wages-or one can go to a cosmetics counter in a pinch if the prices are clearly marked.
Aug 16, 2017
1 posts
I ordered a washer online on May 10, 2017 cancelled it within 24 hrs and was promised a refund will be processed. Several times Sears called me telling me it will be refunded. After a few weeks I called Sears on different occasions and they said its being processed and few more days or a few more weeks.

After promising me my refund I still had people calling me in JULY from blocked number asking me when I want the washer delivered ... ridiculous!

Promises promises promises. Well its August 15th, 2017. Over 3 months and so many phone calls so much wasted time and still NO REFUND. $865.71 held hostage by Sears. I feel this is not legal.

It is too late to dispute with my credit card company because the limit is 30 days, foolish of me to believe that they will process the refund so I waited and waited and check account constantly causing so much stress and anxiety.

Buyers beware, its been over 3 months and this nightmare continues.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3208 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
@604kelly, please email social@sears.ca as the team responds to these emails are very responsive & might give you a little extra for your trouble like they did with me. Next time never believe an incompetent retailer like Sears again, and promptly dispute your charge with the credit card company at the 1st opportunity you get.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1113 posts
872 upvotes
604kelly wrote: I ordered a washer online on May 10, 2017 cancelled it within 24 hrs and was promised a refund will be processed. Several times Sears called me telling me it will be refunded. After a few weeks I called Sears on different occasions and they said its being processed and few more days or a few more weeks.

After promising me my refund I still had people calling me in JULY from blocked number asking me when I want the washer delivered ... ridiculous!

Promises promises promises. Well its August 15th, 2017. Over 3 months and so many phone calls so much wasted time and still NO REFUND. $865.71 held hostage by Sears. I feel this is not legal.

It is too late to dispute with my credit card company because the limit is 30 days, foolish of me to believe that they will process the refund so I waited and waited and check account constantly causing so much stress and anxiety.

Thechnically it should only be an authorisation on your card since nothing has shipped.

I know sears is sneaky and probably pushing the limits of legallity but all my troubles went away after 6 months and all pending authorisations were voided.

Funny part is I am cured of my ebay habbit since I no longer trust paypal for their endorsement of sears tactics.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2015
5100 posts
4404 upvotes
Toronto, ON
604kelly wrote: I ordered a washer online on May 10, 2017 cancelled it within 24 hrs and was promised a refund will be processed. Several times Sears called me telling me it will be refunded. After a few weeks I called Sears on different occasions and they said its being processed and few more days or a few more weeks.

Similar situation with me. At least Amex said they'll reverse the charge as long as I can produce a receipt, even though I was well past 30 days. So I called to get a receipt emailed, but 30 minutes later and after some angry words were exchanged, Sears reversed my charge after about 3 months. You just have to be firm and ask to talk to the manager.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
is it still safe to order something from their online store? i cant find the item anywhere else
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
dracolnyte wrote: is it still safe to order something from their online store? i cant find the item anywhere else
Considering they are closing soon ("no later than Jan 21, 2018"), probably not a good idea considering if you have any issues, it might not be resolved before they are gone (meaning it won't be resolved at all).

https://www.redflagdeals.com/latest-new ... ng-stores/
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
Is the item sold on resale sites anywhere? I'd not be 100% sure you will see an online order in a timely fashion if you go with Sears.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)