• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2018 12:07 pm
3 replies
Jul 23, 2015
462 posts
169 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Read and watched several videos about them, seem like a great idea...but need something for liquid waste, which depending on location can be very easy (like if used at a cottage - not with nearby neighbours). Check out Gone With the Wynns review.
Nov 20, 2006
15 posts
Yellowknife
We used a Sunmar for a few years. It worked, but not well. The model we had was rated for 2-3 adults but the reality was it might keep up for a weekend but not 7 days a week. I would strongly suggest finding or making one that separates the liquids from the solids. They mix in the Sunmar design and it gets nasty. The screen in the bottom where the liquids are suppose to go through will plug up and you end up with very wet and smelly compost. There is a heating element built into the bottom that is suppose to speed up the evaporation of the liquids but in our experience it couldn't keep up. How many people will be using it on a regular basis?
Apr 24, 2018
4 posts
3 upvotes
I heard that the rotors can come on with no motion or reason...and they are loud. I would buy the very best on the market, so you only have to do it once.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)