• Aug 16th, 2017 3:35 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4200 posts
200 upvotes
Markham
I quickly scan through the news on the home page by opening each article it in its own news tabs from CP24 and thtis would would kill my memory on top of the other actual things I need to keep open and running. CP24 would literally push me over the limit so many times when I would try to speed read through the news.

I guess CP24 would push me to the hard drive memory part which is also concerning because if it gets to that point the Computer hangs and I literally cannot do anything on the computer (even my keyboard RGB lights lag)!
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10264 posts
637 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Lovable wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:33 am
I quickly scan through the news on the home page by opening each article it in its own news tabs from CP24 ...
Yeah, that's how I often browse sites, as well, such as RFD: one tab for the forum index, a second tab for the sub-forum, and then each thread I'm interested in as a new tab.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1845 posts
24 upvotes
holy smokes, I never used more than like 3gb ram, but by reading this post I open a few CP24 tabs like OP can't believe how much ram CP24 takes up. Without CP24 I can open like 30 tabs of webpages raging from everything and it only used like 4gb, luckily I have 6gb on a 10 year old machine, lol
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
1600 posts
313 upvotes
Windsor
I wonder if it's Chrome's implementation of something; I use Opera, and opened a few CP24 tabs, and browsed random pages, and they're not using anywhere near 700MB of RAM.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Nov 9, 2009
526 posts
75 upvotes
Picton, ON
Not trying to be a smart butt, I had same issues with Chrome locking up or slowing down with several tabs/windows open. Got fed up and switch to Firefox. No issues now.
It's a thin line that separates a gourmet from a glutton.