Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 3, 2007
38 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Comwave Modem

Hi has anyone who has used the comwave voip service - and been fortunate enough to escape their clutches - successfully returned their telephone modem AND received their $50 deposit back?

I just ended my service with them, but have been hesitant about returning the modem because that would mean giving them my new credit card information. From what I've read online, most people get he run around and don't actually get their money back?

What do you guys think? Should I even bother sending it back?
2 replies
May 4, 2007
718 posts
114 upvotes
GTA
I believe they charge you additional $$$ if you don't return it. I returned my and received only $25. They charged me $25 refurnishing fee, which was not mentioned before sign up.

For everyone else, stay away from COMWAVE. :evil:
[OP]
Jul 3, 2007
38 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
the email says: "If you choose to return the Home Phone Adapter, we will apply a refund to your account. The Adaptor must be returned in its original condition and including the original power supply and cables for the refund to apply. We recommend you ship your package using a traceable
service."

the only catch is that i would have to give them my new credit card info to get the refund. i don't think it's worth it if they are going to apply a refurnishing fee + i need to send it registered to make sure it gets there. i hate comwave. buncha vultures. good riddance!!