None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5770 posts
191 upvotes
GTA

Concrete work, how much????

I'm just preparing for the upcoming spring season. I want to get some concrete curbs, a walkway to the front steps of the house, another walkway btw my house & my neighbours and if cost permits a concrete patio in the backyard.

I still haven't made up my mind on whether to get coloured and/or patterned concrete. But if anyone can give me an idea as to what the cost/sq.ft is like, I can then budget accordingly. Also if you can recommend someone, then pls let me know.

Much appreciated everyone :)

SK
5 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14405 posts
181 upvotes
Mississauga
sunnybono wrote:I'm just preparing for the upcoming spring season. I want to get some concrete curbs, a walkway to the front steps of the house, another walkway btw my house & my neighbours and if cost permits a concrete patio in the backyard.

I still haven't made up my mind on whether to get coloured and/or patterned concrete. But if anyone can give me an idea as to what the cost/sq.ft is like, I can then budget accordingly. Also if you can recommend someone, then pls let me know.

Much appreciated everyone :)

SK
Its expensive, but if you're prepared to do some of the grunt work yourself, they can just come pour the cement and level it out.
My neighbour did this and saved thousands $$
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Mar 17, 2004
467 posts
31 upvotes
Hey sunnybono, keep me posted on what you find. I am looking to do some work around my place too (walkway, patio, steps).
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1251 posts
23 upvotes
Ottawa
mlc2000 wrote:Its expensive, but if you're prepared to do some of the grunt work yourself, they can just come pour the cement and level it out.
My neighbour did this and saved thousands $$
One thing to think about before jumping into doing the work yourselves. Some hidden costs that you don't really think about is removing the dirt/soil/earth that you will dig up. So take the cost of garbage disposal into consideration unless you have somewhere you can dump the stuff.

But at the end, you're probably still come out saving money.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2005
2008 posts
2 upvotes
alkaseltzer01 wrote:One thing to think about before jumping into doing the work yourselves. Some hidden costs that you don't really think about is removing the dirt/soil/earth that you will dig up. So take the cost of garbage disposal into consideration unless you have somewhere you can dump the stuff.
If you own a pick up truck or can borrow one from a friend, there's not much expense. In Calgary, it costs $2.00 to dump any amount of dirt/soil/gravel/rocks. Regular landfill is $46.00 per tonne.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14405 posts
181 upvotes
Mississauga
Theres a hydro right of way down the street.
Everyone hauls their dirt there in a wheel barrow.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."