• Sep 24th, 2016 10:36 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
648 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
OK. So what I said still stands. You will want to get an EXTERIOR paint for the door. There is a HUGE difference between interior and exterior paint namely in the weather phobic properties you will need to repel the elements. One gallon should be more than enough though.
It's a wooden door. Sorry to have not mentioned it earlier.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1192 posts
475 upvotes
GTA, ON
willdacanucker wrote: OK. So what I said still stands. You will want to get an EXTERIOR paint for the door. There is a HUGE difference between interior and exterior paint namely in the weather phobic properties you will need to repel the elements. One gallon should be more than enough though.
I am planning to go with this- https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.exte ... 68910.html
It's an Exterior Semi-Gloss paint.

Thanks again for your suggestions and advise. It's greatly appreciated!
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
648 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
wolfpack27616 wrote:
willdacanucker wrote: OK. So what I said still stands. You will want to get an EXTERIOR paint for the door. There is a HUGE difference between interior and exterior paint namely in the weather phobic properties you will need to repel the elements. One gallon should be more than enough though.
I am planning to go with this- https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.exte ... 68910.html

No worries. Bonne chance with your project.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1192 posts
475 upvotes
GTA, ON
willdacanucker wrote:
wolfpack27616 wrote:

No worries. Bonne chance with your project.
Thanks a lot! Done with the 1st coat and planning to do 2nd coat in another 30 mins. Planning to skip sanding between the coats since I don't see the point ( mixed reviews when I google). Will be done in an hour or so (by 11:30 AM), and hope it dries up by 11 PM for me to screw the locks back to lock the door in the night.

Thanks again to everyone who commented, all the advise and suggestions were invaluable.