Home & Garden

Condo window treatment...blinds or drapes...(photo)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2012 10:17 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3266 posts
146 upvotes

Condo window treatment...blinds or drapes...(photo)

What do you think...drapes or solar blinds for these windows...Im leaning towards drapes because of the sliding doors...

2 replies
May 17, 2007
3634 posts
748 upvotes
Burnaby
Have some custom fit sheers made in Voile fabric. They look amazing on doors like that, and because of the gauzy nature of the fabric, creates plenty of privacy, yet lets the light in.

I did that very same in the previous house I owned. I had 2 sets of doors almost identical to you. My neighbor was a seamstress, and custom made them for me for less than $200 total (including the hardware). I added heavier linen curtains with tie backs on each end of the doors to give it some depth. I'll try to dig up a pic of it for you so you can see what I mean.
May 17, 2007
3634 posts
748 upvotes
Burnaby
I looked through my albums, and can't find a pic.. Grrr. But this image is almost identical to my curtains. (just imagine tailored linen drapes tied back with finials). They key is to make sure they graze the floor. I had mine hung about 4 inches higher than the windows (because it was a 10 ft ceiling, and shorter ones looked odd).

This one shows the approximate height of how to hang them (which is why they need to be custom made)

This is sort of how my outer tied back curtains looked (but I used a contemporary, simple fabric). Less is more :) . The way to hang them is to use the formed angled inner rods for the sheers, and a heavier (and trendy rod) overtop to hang the tied back drapes). IKEA sells some beautiful hardware for inexpensive.

× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel