• Jan 13th, 2019 12:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
10657 posts
1690 upvotes
Toronto

Confirming Court Date as Witness

So I got a summons to appear as a witness for a traffic accident. I got it awhile back and put the paper somewhere but can't seem to find it. Does anybody know if I can call a number to confirm what date and time the court date would be at? I still have the officer's contact info that I spoke to, but I'm guessing he deals with so much information, he won't know.

Any other tips of being a witness?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
1710 posts
1008 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
Just call the court house itself. They can access the data base using your name as there will be a record of the subpoena issued. FYI a summons is to an accused and a subpoena is to a witness.
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Clues accumulated'"
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3032 posts
1804 upvotes
GTA
at1212b wrote: Any other tips of being a witness?
Take tooth brush and pyjamas. Visit close friends and family before you go. They will remember you at least.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
10657 posts
1690 upvotes
Toronto
rcmpvet wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:14 am
Just call the court house itself. They can access the data base using your name as there will be a record of the subpoena issued. FYI a summons is to an accused and a subpoena is to a witness.
Actually I found the form yesterday. Funny thing is it says "Summons to Witness".

I emailed the court before I found it, and they said to get in touch with the Constable I sent my statement too who can give me the court date information.

The PC replied back after with a different court date =S off by about about 4 days and different time. I'll probably notify him as the Case number is the same on the paper as well as the one cited in the email so either the paper is wrong (which I doubt) or he may have just mis-read the dates as I'm sure he's dealing with a lot as he's the main coordinator for traffic accidents. .
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
1710 posts
1008 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
Learn something new everyday. I did not realize that had changed, unless it is unique to Ontario. T.Y.
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Clues accumulated'"
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
10657 posts
1690 upvotes
Toronto
rcmpvet wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 6:56 am
Learn something new everyday. I did not realize that had changed, unless it is unique to Ontario. T.Y.
Could be unique to Ontario I'm guessing.