Investing

Confused about Bitcoin gold

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 8:39 pm
[OP]
May 7, 2017
9 posts

Confused about Bitcoin gold

Is BTG supposed to be another ecurrency similar to bitcoin, that you can buy and sell, or is it more complicated than that?.

And what is the mid-range forecast for it's value (i.e. 6 months)?.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8261 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
laster wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 7:54 pm
Is BTG supposed to be another ecurrency similar to bitcoin, that you can buy and sell, or is it more complicated than that?.

And what is the mid-range forecast for it's value (i.e. 6 months)?.
https://bitcoingold.org/
Jan 19, 2008
41 posts
1 upvote
I heard it was suppose to be a scam coin but became real lmao
Feb 22, 2009
37 posts
37 upvotes
Canada
There has been lots of new surrounding this coin. It is a scam coin I wouldn't recommend buying. I read that people have found some code in it that somehow transfers a portion to the creator on every transaction. As with all crypto you are really gambling.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8261 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like Quadriga has it listed on their site, just not activated yet.
[OP]
May 7, 2017
9 posts
^I suggest you do more than just read the official BTG website.
DigitalNinja wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:03 am
There has been lots of new surrounding this coin. It is a scam coin I wouldn't recommend buying. I read that people have found some code in it that somehow transfers a portion to the creator on every transaction. As with all crypto you are really gambling.
Where did you hear this?.
Feb 22, 2009
37 posts
37 upvotes
Canada
laster wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:50 am

Where did you hear this?.
The creator of the coin had tweeted about it after others called him out on the coin being a scam. Said that people should have read the source code before buying it. There have been multiple threads on the crypto currency sub reddit about it. People doing analysis and warning others to stay away.
Apr 2, 2017
1 posts
Trade this coin, don't hold it. It's a scam coin that is 8mb block size and controlled by a cartel. Trade at your own risk. Never hodl this.