• Feb 9th, 2020 9:00 pm
[OP]
Jan 22, 2015
60 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto

Confused regarding buying multiplex property with septic & well water

Folks,

I need some feed back regarding buying 13 plex Multi-resedential property with Septic and well water. Septic will be replaced with brand new Septic. I am little concerned regarding both Septic and Well water. Is this normal in rural areas or should i stay away from this kind property? Water sample is being collected every day and is being testing once a week by a company.

What if the well runs out of water or any bacteria etc found what will happen etc etc are the questions making me confused. Any suggestions?

I am getting this property at a reasonable price though...
2 replies
Jan 2, 2019
99 posts
109 upvotes
You have to be careful so tenant does not fall in well, could be problem if he can not get out.
Jan 12, 2017
722 posts
298 upvotes
Septic and well water is not uncommon in a rural area and there are many companies that you can hire to manage this. Not very familiar with multires, but you might be required to do regular sampling (more stringent than a single/private home).

Seems you would be a major development - https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/080319

You concern regarding well running out of water is something you should double check - it is very location specific, but some areas are at risk due to things such as dewatering from construction projects. Bacteria issues would be a function of your treatment system.

Best bet is to find a company that manages these types of systems. http://www.ocwa.com/what-we-do is one example.

GL
hammadarif wrote: Folks,

I need some feed back regarding buying 13 plex Multi-resedential property with Septic and well water. Septic will be replaced with brand new Septic. I am little concerned regarding both Septic and Well water. Is this normal in rural areas or should i stay away from this kind property? Water sample is being collected every day and is being testing once a week by a company.

What if the well runs out of water or any bacteria etc found what will happen etc etc are the questions making me confused. Any suggestions?

I am getting this property at a reasonable price though...