Site Comments & Suggestions

Congrat's to this year's Member Awards, and thanks to Oranr for resurrecting it!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2012 3:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 17, 2007
3639 posts
755 upvotes
Burnaby

Congrat's to this year's Member Awards, and thanks to Oranr for resurrecting it!

Was an exciting run, and my heartfelt thank you to everyone who voted for me in all categories (despite not winning a thing :( ), and congrats to those who won their respective titles. :)

Here's to this next year being just as epic!
59 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
4736 posts
204 upvotes
So did JLunar win Moderator of the Year again?

Congrats JLunar! :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
^^^ + 1 000 000

Thank you Oranr for resurrecting the contest. It could not have been an easy task - especially if you didn't have much to go with. But a lot of people, myself included, appreciates everything you've done.

I mean this sincerely.

But, yeah, even through there were a few ...."hiccups" in the running of this contest, it was exceptionally interesting. So though people might have a few issues about it, they are issues that can be avoided next time around. Because with what notes you have, the known problems that were encountered, and whatnot, you and others can now develop an even better plan.

There is nothing that cannot be fixed, guys. From this contest, RFD can make the next one better.

Which is to say, the next one will be better!
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2009
2689 posts
112 upvotes
Congrats 45ED and to all the other winners !

It's okay jacks, there's always next year ;)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7125 posts
1801 upvotes
gretzky99 wrote: So did JLunar win Moderator of the Year again?

Congrats JLunar! :cheesygri

Pretty sure its the "batman" aka nsx again. :D
Congratulations and very much deserved.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2502 posts
575 upvotes
The winners are:

Favourite Deal Poster - tynanwong

Favourite Freebie Posters - BobSagget & howwon (it was a tie, both win!)

Favourite Contest Poster - Vilmark (got it right this time Vilmark!)

Favourite Off Topic Poster - 45ED

Most Helpful thread - WildParadise's Touchpad thread

Most helpful/knowledgeable user - aasoror

Congratulations to all the winners for 2011
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
oranr wrote: The winners are:

Nice, Congrats!
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
13027 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
Hated on by Yao but respected by everyone else.

The first part is surely true, but I don't know if I can agree with the second part of the sentence, for obvious reasons. Since it's a direct call-out, it's no better than the "hated on but respected" line that the real trolls use, honestly.

A belated congrats, either way.
Deal with it.
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
KorruptioN wrote: Hated on by Yao but respected by everyone else.

The first part is surely true, but I don't know if I can agree with the second part of the sentence, for obvious reasons. Since it's a direct call-out, it's no better than the "hated on but respected" line that the real trolls use, honestly.

A belated congrats, either way.

There are two parts to the phrase in Yao's signature. I wanted something to go with the second one much like how I made something for the first part (Hated on x but respected y). Even I know it's not perfect, but it's good for something made on short notice (re: right after the contest closing).
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
13027 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
If you feel the need to celebrate in such a fashion, all the power to you. I just think it drags you down to his own unique level... something I'm sure he wouldn't mind, but the ball is in your court...
Deal with it.
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
KorruptioN wrote: If you feel the need to celebrate in such a fashion, all the power to you. I just think it drags you down to his own unique level... something I'm sure he wouldn't mind, but the ball is in your court...
I feel the underlying essence of the Favourite Off-topic Poster category "contest" deserves commemoration (which is what I was trying for). But I understand where you're coming from, Korruption. I think I've found an edited, middle-ground solution.

Note, again, that the last version was a short notice, spur-of-the moment creation. This one took a bit longer and is somewhat better. Perfect is beyond my ability. ;)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
Congrats to all! Sorry I didn't vote (I'm a slacker) but mine would have gone to 45 for OT. Glad you took it, bud. ;)
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3200 posts
180 upvotes
Hey onrar, great job in organizing and preparing the member awards. However, I believe the polls were rigged (especially the Off-topic poster of the year)... I've noticed 45ED gained about 9 votes within the last half hour before the poll closed. Yao416 also received about 5 votes within that half hour. The problem with these polls is you don't even need a second IP address to keep voting for yourself. You just need to create another account using a different e-mail address.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
4736 posts
204 upvotes
oranr wrote: The winners are:

Hello,

Are you still counting the ballots for 'Moderator of the Year' ?

We are all still eagerly waiting the results.

Did you have to do a re-count of the ballots for this particular title? Is that why it is still not announced? :confused:
Dec 19, 2011
165 posts
6 upvotes
OTTAWA
I will like to vote to you in 2012 when it is time to. Congratulations to this winners!!! And thank you all!
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2502 posts
575 upvotes
Joshray wrote: Hey onrar, great job in organizing and preparing the member awards. However, I believe the polls were rigged (especially the Off-topic poster of the year)... I've noticed 45ED gained about 9 votes within the last half hour before the poll closed. Yao416 also received about 5 votes within that half hour. The problem with these polls is you don't even need a second IP address to keep voting for yourself. You just need to create another account using a different e-mail address.
I was looking at the traffic during the last hour and it spiked with users. Some users waited to the last minute to vote with that being said, I do agree there may have been some shenanigans going on. Even if I made the vote public (which I should have done) there was nothing preventing users from creating new accounts and voting. I will look into a new way of doing next year!

I do have a list of the voters and will be gong through to see if I can find any newly created accounts.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2502 posts
575 upvotes
gretzky99 wrote: Hello,

Are you still counting the ballots for 'Moderator of the Year' ?

We are all still eagerly waiting the results.

Did you have to do a re-count of the ballots for this particular title? Is that why it is still not announced? :confused:
I know how much you guys are sitting on edge waiting for the winner. Truth is, I haven't started the poll yet. Unfortunately, it will be an internal vote only and when I do have a winner, you will all be informed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)