Site Comments & Suggestions

Congrat's to this year's Member Awards, and thanks to Oranr for resurrecting it!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2012 3:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
4736 posts
204 upvotes
oranr wrote: I was looking at the traffic during the last hour and it spiked with users. Some users waited to the last minute to vote with that being said, I do agree there may have been some shenanigans going on. Even if I made the vote public (which I should have done) there was nothing preventing users from creating new accounts and voting. I will look into a new way of doing next year!

I do have a list of the voters and will be gong through to see if I can find any newly created accounts.
Sooooooo if you are re-checking the legitimacy of all voters, are you saying the results of the winners are pending?! :confused:

So it is still possible Yao416 may be declared the Winner? :cheesygri

And the plot thickens...
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
gretzky99 wrote: Sooooooo if you are re-checking the legitimacy of all voters, are you saying the results of the winners are pending?! :confused:

And the plot thickens...

More like the number of votes Yao lost by would be even greater.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43262 upvotes
ONTARIO
Thanks to those who voted for me in the Freebie section. TBH, I didn't even realize there was a vote or that I was even in the running until Oranr PM'd me saying Howwon and I both won.

Thanks again :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7125 posts
1801 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Thanks to those who voted for me in the Freebie section. TBH, I didn't even realize there was a vote or that I was even in the running until Oranr PM'd me saying Howwon and I both won.

Thanks again :)

Congratulations. Now where is the exclusive list of secret freebies that you promised me. :twisted: :lol: :D
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
No one is hating on you. Laugh out loud at your signature

Internet serious business.
hated on but respected.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2009
5392 posts
107 upvotes
oranr wrote: I was looking at the traffic during the last hour and it spiked with users. Some users waited to the last minute to vote with that being said, I do agree there may have been some shenanigans going on. Even if I made the vote public (which I should have done) there was nothing preventing users from creating new accounts and voting. I will look into a new way of doing next year!

I do have a list of the voters and will be gong through to see if I can find any newly created accounts.

I think it's best if the votes counts are closed until you have voted. I was late to the poll and I was gonna vote for MrPerfect, but since it was a clear race between Yao and 45ED, I made my choice between those two instead. TBH, neither choices have much content in their OT posts: Yao with his usual "pics?", "low content", and pupazzo-clone posts, and I don't remember the last time 45ED had an OT post worth reading. And now they're just racking up post-counts with back-and-forth bickering.

45ED: yay, you won, congrats (I voted for you), but the whole thing was for fun. Let it go already.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2219 posts
500 upvotes
Yeah, 45ED you gotta take a chill pill and calm down a little, you're taking this a little too seriously. I made a few posts in OT a week or so back and 45ED was basically hounding me in every post/thread I made there, getting all excited over nothing. You're making indirect attacks on other people in your signature and other threads you've made/posted in over an award which is basically worthless, aside from any make-believe value you are personally attaching to it. I would suggest finding some non-RFD related activities to pre-occupy all that free time you have, it would help you bring reality into perspective a little better.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2010
3553 posts
87 upvotes
JK400 wrote: Yeah, 45ED you gotta take a chill pill and calm down a little, you're taking this a little too seriously. I made a few posts in OT a week or so back and 45ED was basically hounding me in every post/thread I made there, getting all excited over nothing. You're making indirect attacks on other people in your signature and other threads you've made/posted in over an award which is basically worthless, aside from any make-believe value you are personally attaching to it. I would suggest finding some non-RFD related activities to pre-occupy all that free time you have, it would help you bring reality into perspective a little better.

Quoted for truth

SMH at his signatures lately. What a sore winner. He needs to venture out of his basement for something other than a pizzapocket from mom's fridge.

Yeah, I know he claims to be a woman on here but you can be whatever you want on the interwebz.
RFD OT: Serious answers to stupid questions.
RFD Definition of 'troll': Someone whose opinion you don't like.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2006
3833 posts
69 upvotes
JK400 wrote: Yeah, 45ED you gotta take a chill pill and calm down a little, you're taking this a little too seriously. I made a few posts in OT a week or so back and 45ED was basically hounding me in every post/thread I made there, getting all excited over nothing. You're making indirect attacks on other people in your signature and other threads you've made/posted in over an award which is basically worthless, aside from any make-believe value you are personally attaching to it. I would suggest finding some non-RFD related activities to pre-occupy all that free time you have, it would help you bring reality into perspective a little better.
I agree !
45ED wrote: More like the number of votes Yao lost by would be even greater.
[IMG]http://tcpm.mrlazyinc.com/files/images/ ... rate_2.gif[/IMG]

Give it a rest, champ.

If you really want to play it fair, both of you would be disqualified as I'm sure both parties had people creating accounts for them. So in a perfect world neither of you would have won, so quit being a sore loser/sore winner. It really makes the both of you look pathetic if an internet poll means so much to either of you...there's A LOT more to life. I'm sure I'm not the only person to realize this (this isn't a personal attack on either of you).
You're not funny.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
Don't get me into this. Laughing out loud. If I made accounts, why I didn't I make like 100 account and just win the troll award
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3200 posts
180 upvotes
sylpherware wrote: I think it's best if the votes counts are closed until you have voted. I was late to the poll and I was gonna vote for MrPerfect, but since it was a clear race between Yao and 45ED, I made my choice between those two instead. TBH, neither choices have much content in their OT posts: Yao with his usual "pics?", "low content", and pupazzo-clone posts, and I don't remember the last time 45ED had an OT post worth reading. And now they're just racking up post-counts with back-and-forth bickering.

45ED: yay, you won, congrats (I voted for you), but the whole thing was for fun. Let it go already.

What do you hate about 45ED's posts? And love about MrPerfect? I know 45ED isn't perfect but he still has thoughtful and intelligent posts and refrains from low content posts. Yao416's posts are annoying to read and it would bring shame to the RFD forum community to award him with "off-topic poster of the year". Overall, I feel 45ED deserved this award than anyone else.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2009
5392 posts
107 upvotes
Joshray wrote: What do you hate about 45ED's posts? And love about MrPerfect? I know 45ED isn't perfect but he still has thoughtful and intelligent posts and refrains from low content posts. Yao416's posts are annoying to read and it would bring shame to the RFD forum community to award him with "off-topic poster of the year". Overall, I feel 45ED deserved this award than anyone else.

There is no "love/hate". I just find MrP's post more memorable than 45ED's, that's all.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3200 posts
180 upvotes
sylpherware wrote: There is no "love/hate". I just find MrP's post more memorable than 45ED's, that's all.

That probably has to do with his avatar.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31836 posts
1354 upvotes
Joshray wrote: What do you hate about 45ED's posts? And love about MrPerfect? I know 45ED isn't perfect but he still has thoughtful and intelligent posts and refrains from low content posts. Yao416's posts are annoying to read and it would bring shame to the RFD forum community to award him with "off-topic poster of the year".

Overall, I feel 45ED deserved this award than anyone else.
+1

No contest.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
13027 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
Joshray wrote: it would bring shame to the RFD forum community to award him with "off-topic poster of the year".

Don't forget Kommander_KornFlakes got the award last time around...
Deal with it.
Jan 30, 2012
6 posts
5 upvotes
calgary
Joshray wrote: Hey onrar, great job in organizing and preparing the member awards. However, I believe the polls were rigged (especially the Off-topic poster of the year)... I've noticed 45ED gained about 9 votes within the last half hour before the poll closed. Yao416 also received about 5 votes within that half hour. The problem with these polls is you don't even need a second IP address to keep voting for yourself. You just need to create another account using a different e-mail address.

gretzky99 wrote: Sooooooo if you are re-checking the legitimacy of all voters, are you saying the results of the winners are pending?! :confused:

And the plot thickens...
sylpherware wrote: I think it's best if the votes counts are closed until you have voted. I was late to the poll and I was gonna vote for MrPerfect, but since it was a clear race between Yao and 45ED, I made my choice between those two instead. TBH, neither choices have much content in their OT posts: Yao with his usual "pics?", "low content", and pupazzo-clone posts, and I don't remember the last time 45ED had an OT post worth reading. And now they're just racking up post-counts with back-and-forth bickering.

FrogPrince wrote: Quoted for truth

SMH at his signatures lately. What a sore winner. He needs to venture out of his basement for something other than a pizzapocket from mom's fridge.

Yeah, I know he claims to be a woman on here but you can be whatever you want on the interwebz.
billdozer wrote: I agree !

[IMG]http://tcpm.mrlazyinc.com/files/images/ ... rate_2.gif[/IMG]

Give it a rest, champ.

If you really want to play it fair, both of you would be disqualified as I'm sure both parties had people creating accounts for them. So in a perfect world neither of you would have won, so quit being a sore loser/sore winner. It really makes the both of you look pathetic if an internet poll means so much to either of you...there's A LOT more to life. I'm sure I'm not the only person to realize this (this isn't a personal attack on either of you).

Im quite appaled with the blatant hyprocrisy and holier than thou attitude being thrown around especially with the constant personal attacks thru signatures and post accusing the other party with all sorts of charges. But truth be told she was going to lose, if it hadn't been for us to bail her out in the very last minutes of poll closing. I supported her all this time, we all did but I now think she used us all in the chatrooms and we got carried away.

It is upto you now RFD to decide. Both of them does not deserve to be a winner. A picture says a thousand words and I live it upto you to decide.

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/539smb.png[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
4736 posts
204 upvotes
Too much fraudulent ballot stuffing going on in the voting in Off Topic.
Even Oranr knows it and admits it. RFD should not condone fraudsters making a mockery of RFD.

Disqualify all the Off Topic contestants. :twisted:

nsx for Off Topic poster of year.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2219 posts
500 upvotes
Aquamum wrote: Im quite appaled with the blatant hyprocrisy and holier than thou attitude being thrown around especially with the constant personal attacks thru signatures and post accusing the other party with all sorts of charges. But truth be told she was going to lose, if it hadn't been for us to bail her out in the very last minutes of poll closing. I supported her all this time, we all did but I now think she used us all in the chatrooms and we got carried away.

It is upto you now RFD to decide. Both of them does not deserve to be a winner. A picture says a thousand words and I live it upto you to decide.

Wow, I guess she really wanted that $25 gift card or whatever trinket it is you get for winning.

That image makes you guys look really pathetic, I think you should all get your heads checked.
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
It's funny, we do these awards for ego stroking.. yet any attempt to implement a reputation system is said to do the same thing, purely for the ego's. It's also funny that's the same users who oppose the reputation system are all steam ahead for the member awards...
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
Aquamum wrote: Im quite appaled with the blatant hyprocrisy and holier than thou attitude being thrown around especially with the constant personal attacks thru signatures and post accusing the other party with all sorts of charges. But truth be told she was going to lose, if it hadn't been for us to bail her out in the very last minutes of poll closing. I supported her all this time, we all did but I now think she used us all in the chatrooms and we got carried away.

Why did you censor one of the mod's?