• Dec 24th, 2017 7:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5711 posts
1303 upvotes
Markham

Congratulations to Toronto Argonauts. 2017 CFL Grey Cup Champions

Crazy finish by the Argos. Down and out the whole game until the last couple of minutes. Two crazy turnovers.

Wonder if John Tory is going to share his beer with the City of Toronto.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
17 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4789 posts
841 upvotes
Toronto
whats next? Leafs winning the Stanley Cup?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1573 posts
289 upvotes
Ontario
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggooooooooooooooooos

Even better than the Argos Shania!!!! She has still go it!!!
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10936 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I couldn't believe that ending. Shades of Grey Cup 1988, when BC's Matt Dunigan threw a late INT, when a FG would have tied. Different play, though, as Dunigan just threw a short pass, and it was a lucky pick off a tip.

I kind of thought Toronto got too conservative at the end, before the FG, but then Calgary got a bit too greedy.

Looks like Dickenson is taking after his mentor, Buono, whose teams also have great regular seasons, but find it a bit more difficult to win Grey Cups.

What about Trestman? Three Grey Cups and one more appearnce in six years as head coach in the CFL. Sure, he inherited a good team in MTL, but as Dickenson has shown, having a good team isn't a lock to win the cup.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20330 posts
9148 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Amazing game

Ray solidified his legacy with the win. First ever QB with 4 cups.

It’s shocking that the Argos won the Grey cup after such a mediocre season but, hey, I’ll defintely take it.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
6148 posts
213 upvotes
What a crazy ending, I couldn't believe that I watched it but I'm glad I did.
Jan 10, 2011
344 posts
125 upvotes
What an awesome win, and amazing game. I'm glad the Stamps went for it instead if kicking the field goal. Congrats Argos!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
16311 posts
13074 upvotes
Toronto
Celebration rally is Tuesday @ lunch

An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10669 posts
1325 upvotes
I had no idea it was on. I would have watched that over the snooze fest of the televised NFL games (besides the Sunday Nighter, that was pretty good). Anybody know if they'll replay it?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5711 posts
1303 upvotes
Markham
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 11:48 am
I had no idea it was on. I would have watched that over the snooze fest of the televised NFL games (besides the Sunday Nighter, that was pretty good). Anybody know if they'll replay it?
This was the first CFL game I watched this year as well....and it was a good one.

Might be available on TSN ON DEMAND [I'm on Bell FIBETV].
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Nov 23, 2015
527 posts
249 upvotes
Winnipeg
Calgary peaked too soon again. Is it possible for a team to be too successful? It's like they just took their foot off the gas by the end of the season and got a little sloppy.

Argos, on the other hand, just continuously kept improving as the season wore on. Pretty well every game from Labour Day onwards was a win or a very narrow (3 points or less) loss.

Hats off to Toronto, what a turnaround!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2101 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
Great win for the underdog Argos! even with James Wilder jr being completely shut down. Man, turnovers in Grey Cups or Super Bowls can really turn a losing team into a winner.
I dont see Ricky Ray retiring yet. He will probably come back for at least one more year.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10936 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Check TSN2. They often rebroadcast it a couple of times. I would check it for you, but the scheduling part of their website is F-ed right now.
https://www.tsn.ca/tv#/TSN2

Grey Cup is always on the last Sunday in November (although there are talks that the new commissioner is thinking of bumping the season up a month).

If you keep waiting, some fan will probably upload it to YouTube. I'm surprised how many full games have been uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... %253D%253D

Holy crap, someone uploaded the full 5.5 hour broadcast, including commercials, of the 1996 Grey Cup game. This is a much watch. I won't say anything other than it was snowing like crazy, I think even moreso than Sunday's game. That and Doug Flutie played in it. In my opinion, this is the best Grey Cup game that I have ever watched, and my team, the Lions, aren't even in it.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2101 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
^remember that it was brutally cold during that game too. But it was a great victory for the Argos at was was frequently known as “Never Wynne” stadium.
Jan 10, 2011
344 posts
125 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
A little late but: