Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1327 posts
13 upvotes

Connecting XBOX to Projector...

My friend has this projector:

BenQ PB2140 1600 Lumen SVGA 800x600
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/ ... CatId=1751

What's the best way to connect my XBOX to the projector for the best image quality? I have the RCA cables for the XBOX, but I can also get the S-Video or Component cables too. Is there anyway to get an adapter to convert component to VGA input (monitor input)?
31 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
2112 posts
13 upvotes
if u have S-Vid do S-Vid
other options
HD... go on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] get an adapter to change vga to component
then it enables your projector to display HD via component...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1327 posts
13 upvotes
so can I get use the VGA to component cable with the XBOX component cables and connect that directly to the projector?

use this to connect the cables:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1327 posts
13 upvotes
or do I need to get one of these:

Feb 7, 2006
490 posts
Toronto
component to vga... but then again if if the xbox outputs in SD, then the best bang for the buck is an s-video cable
El Proudo Cheapo!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1327 posts
13 upvotes
YauYin wrote:component to vga... but then again if if the xbox outputs in SD, then the best bang for the buck is an s-video cable
SD?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
2799 posts
6 upvotes
SD = Standard Def i imagine.... or under def'd as i like to call it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1327 posts
13 upvotes
so anyone know where I can get the VGA to component cable in toronto?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4502 posts
159 upvotes
Vancity
Yup, that will work, but I had a tough time finding a VGA to component cable, so I used one of these BNC to VGA cables (as I couldnt find VGA to component cables)

http://www.cty.ca/detail.asp?pid=1304 (you only use the RGB connectors, the HV ones are not used)

then bought three BNC to RCA adaptors:
http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Produ ... ct=2780301

If you can find the old version of the XBox HD pack:
You don't even need those female-to-female RCA couplers in the way to degrade the signal, just hook up the cable directly to the HD pack.

If you already have the Xbox Component cable, and you get the VGA-to-BNC cable, this is how you hook it up:

Xbox -> Xbox Component Cable -> The F-to-F RCA Coupler -> RCA-to-BNC adaptor -> BNC to VGA cable -> Projector.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2005
4682 posts
49 upvotes
Local
Show us some pics of the projector in action. I wanna see what it's like to play games with a projector.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1327 posts
13 upvotes
john widow wrote:Show us some pics of the projector in action. I wanna see what it's like to play games with a projector.
all i can say is that it is intense - even with the crappy RCA video hookup :twisted:

i'll take a pic when I borrow it from my friend again...
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4502 posts
159 upvotes
Vancity
john widow wrote:I wanna see what it's like to play games with a projector.
Doom III + 100" image + 5.1 Dolby Digital = Need a new pair of underwear.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1327 posts
13 upvotes
sonick wrote: If you already have the Xbox Component cable, and you get the VGA-to-BNC cable, this is how you hook it up:

Xbox -> Xbox Component Cable -> The F-to-F RCA Coupler -> RCA-to-BNC adaptor -> BNC to VGA cable -> Projector.
Couldn't I just use these 2 cables (and not use the F-to-F RCA Coupler)?

Image Image
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4502 posts
159 upvotes
Vancity
426Hemi wrote:Couldn't I just use these 2 cables (and not use the F-to-F RCA Coupler)?

Image Image
no, the cables I showed you have BNC connectors, not female RCA connectors.
× < >