Off Topic

Conservative leadership candidate Kellie Leitch explains her stance on "Canadian values"

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2017 9:36 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7080 posts
221 upvotes
mkjr wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 6:29 pm
I don't know why people even bother with this elitist white physician's views. I'd be surprised if her odds of winning were more than zero.
I wouldnt underestimate her at all. The alt right is getting stronger in Canada. The next election will be awhile and that is enough time to make this movement grow.

If conservatives can deny her the leadership role then yeah thats a great thing but right now she has the same chance as the liberals. Remember, every election they start from zero. Most people that voted for liberals arent loyal to the brand. They can split the votes to the conservatives and NDP. That is all they need to win.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Nov 24, 2013
233 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
kingofwale wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 3:07 pm
This is nothing more than anti-immigrant and islamophbia ! how dare you have those values!

/s
I definitely see freedom of speech being eroded. In about a 100 years satire and comedy will be extinct in the West because of the risk of causing someone offense and the media circus around that.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13424 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
mkjr wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 6:29 pm
I don't know why people even bother with this elitist white physician's views. I'd be surprised if her odds of winning were more than zero.
But a white guy runs our country
And a white woman runs our province
and a white guy runs our city

So ... their opinions don't matter?
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4293 posts
301 upvotes
DaVibe wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 8:29 pm
But a white guy runs our country
And a white woman runs our province
and a white guy runs our city

So ... their opinions don't matter?
Yes. But they don't advocate hatred and exclusion under the guise of Canadian values and chant down with the entitled and yet, she's an entitled white women, with a silver spoon lodged securely in some orifice of her body I'm sure. And I see he all the time. Which makes me sick actually.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4293 posts
301 upvotes
lpin14 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 7:37 pm
I definitely see freedom of speech being eroded. In about a 100 years satire and comedy will be extinct in the West because of the risk of causing someone offense and the media circus around that.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
The problem is there are so many uneducated people that lack any true understanding about how free speech works in Canada. Look, I don't want to make you sound silly, but you lack a basic understanding of how such laws work that the stupidity of what you posted is so lost on you, you don't even know it. But that's the sad thing. You obviously have some personal issues that make you want to latch on to a person that squacks something out of her orifice that sounds like music to your ears.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7080 posts
221 upvotes
lpin14 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 7:37 pm

Enjoy it while it lasts.
No one is attacking free speech. Anyone can say whatever they want as long as its not hate speech.

Anyone who says our free speech is under threat needs to educate themselves a little more.
In about a 100 years satire and comedy will be extinct

LOL yeah ok. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Nov 24, 2013
233 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
mkjr wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 9:20 pm
The problem is there are so many uneducated people that lack any true understanding about how free speech works in Canada. Look, I don't want to make you sound silly, but you lack a basic understanding of how such laws work that the stupidity of what you posted is so lost on you, you don't even know it. But that's the sad thing. You obviously have some personal issues that make you want to latch on to a person that squacks something out of her orifice that sounds like music to your ears.
Do you know when I know someone's lost the argument? When their counter argument is pervaded by ad hominems.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4293 posts
301 upvotes
izzyzz wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 8:47 am
That is one creepy video.
This is even more creepy.