Off Topic

Conservatives accuse Trudeau of political interference in Canada's justice system

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 9:33 pm
120 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 7, 2012
30380 posts
7493 upvotes
GTHA
During his visit to Los Angeles Saturday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau comments on the verdict in the Boushie trial.
He says indigenous and non-indigenous Canadians know “we have to do better.”





Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5240 posts
1080 upvotes
Mississauga
If only, prior to today, JT knew what political interference was. If only, prior to being PM, JT knew what conflict of interest was.
Last edited by kenchau on Feb 12th, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 15, 2010
655 posts
186 upvotes
Kawartha Lakes
Arghhhhh...I cannot stand this guy anymore.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 7, 2004
1442 posts
114 upvotes
Mississauga
"beanyov"

I am with you. What does he know about the real World? Clueless.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1123 posts
508 upvotes
Moon
soupmaster666 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 9:38 am
Non-mobile link: https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/tories-ac ... -1.3798985

I'm pretty surprised the Prime Minister would comment on the outcome of a specific case. Elected officials should always separate themselves from the justice system.


For those who are not aware: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Colten_Boushie Boushie was an Indigenous man on a the farm of a Caucasian family in rural Saskatchewan, seeking help for an SUV with a flat tire. Boushie and the people he was with were intoxicated from a day of drinking, so when they got onto Stanley's property they crashed into one of his vehicles. One of them also attempted to steal an ATV from the Stanley property.

Stanley's son was with them while Stanley went to fetch a handgun. He came back, at some point approached the drivers' window of the SUV, and in "attempting to take the keys" the gun "went off" and Boushie was shot point-blank in the head. Boushie was found to have a loaded rifle between his legs.

The courts also heard that it was later found that Boushe and his friends had earlier visited a neighbouring farm and attempted to smash the window of a vehicle there.


The RCMP's initial press release about the incident was alleged to have been written poorly, so that for an average reader it led to the conclusion that the shooting was justified, instead of simply presenting high-level facts and allowing the justice system to make verdicts.
There's is nothing juicier to me than a thug getting what he deserves. I'll be having a cold one tonight as a toast to this outcome.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 24, 2007
12004 posts
1084 upvotes
I am starting to wonder that with the current climate of higher level of scrutiny of political leaders and the presence of investigative reporting, did we get to a point where we get the bottom feeders in our talent pool for a government office?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4796 posts
560 upvotes
JT is dumb and uninformed but most CDN's don't know that
Penalty Box
User avatar
Mar 20, 2009
1285 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
162 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 12:22 pm
JT is dumb and uninformed but most CDN's don't know that
So, what you are saying is that dumb people don't know that JT is dumb?
Gotcha.

My personal take is that dumb people are obsessed with their cult like belief that JT is dumb.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8075 posts
279 upvotes
Conservatives lying in front of our face again.

He didnt interfere with the justice system. He stated his opinion about it.

If he interfered with the process of this case, Scheer should back up those words and act on it because that is against the law. The conservatives could file a case against Trudeau.

Oh wait, they dont want to do that because they are making it up. Face With Tears Of Joy.
#Torontostrong
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1123 posts
508 upvotes
Moon
kevindurant1 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 1:17 pm
Conservatives lying in front of our face again.

He didnt interfere with the justice system. He stated his opinion about it.

If he interfered with the process of this case, Scheer should back up those words and act on it because that is against the law. The conservatives could file a case against Trudeau.

Oh wait, they dont want to do that because they are making it up. Face With Tears Of Joy.
Trudeau should definitely be prosecuted. He has compromised any potential future Jury and ensured that there can never be an appeal in this case.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 23, 2003
7061 posts
933 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 1:17 pm
Conservatives lying in front of our face again.

He didnt interfere with the justice system. He stated his opinion about it.

If he interfered with the process of this case, Scheer should back up those words and act on it because that is against the law. The conservatives could file a case against Trudeau.

Oh wait, they dont want to do that because they are making it up. Face With Tears Of Joy.
He's a high ranking politician. Stating his opinion publicly on a case is intereference, you popsicle.

Its like the stupid has bitten into people.

He's represents a country. He does not "get" to have public opinions on outcomes of trials.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8075 posts
279 upvotes
Applesmack wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 2:35 pm
Trudeau should definitely be prosecuted.
According to who?. Some guy on the internet?.

Why are the conservatives standing around if he committed a crime?.

If JT just interfered with our judicial system. That would be 100% unconstitutional.

Why are they on TV trying to earn brownie points instead of filing a lawsuit?. If what you say is true that means our democracy is being challenged.

Face With Tears Of Joy
He has compromised any potential future Jury and ensured that there can never be an appeal in this case.
Please quit making stuff up.
#Torontostrong
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8075 posts
279 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 2:50 pm
He's a high ranking politician. Stating his opinion publicly on a case is intereference, you popsicle.

Its like the stupid has bitten into people.

He's represents a country. He does not "get" to have public opinions on outcomes of trials.
LOL. What alternative canadian law have you heard this from?.

Its an opinion OUTSIDE of the courtoom after the case was finished. It doesnt matter if he is a high ranking politician or not.

It happens everytime there is a constitutional challenge and the supreme court had its final ruling. The PM makes his opinion about the case(whether they agree or disagree). Face With Tears Of Joy

You people are funny.
#Torontostrong
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4796 posts
560 upvotes
shikotee wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 12:40 pm
So, what you are saying is that dumb people don't know that JT is dumb?
Gotcha.

My personal take is that dumb people are obsessed with their cult like belief that JT is dumb.
Anyone who voted for the joker is

Top