Pets

Considering switching to RAW food for my dog.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2013 9:05 pm
Tags:
May 17, 2006
301 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto

Considering switching to RAW food for my dog.

I currently feed my 24lb. french bulldog Go! Natural, and am considering switching to raw. Typical for frenchies, he has been riddled with allergies. He constantly licks his paws to the point where they are stained from his saliva, and are sensitive. I've tried switching his food around from Origin, Acana and GO, and have even tried different meat proteins to see if that helped. A pure salmon kibble helps a bit, but he still chews his paws constantly. My vet has given him steroids+antihistamines before, but it can get pretty costly and I don't want him to always be drugged up. I've been talking to other dog owners and some have told me that switching their dogs to raw has greatly helped with eliminating allergies.

Anyone have experience with raw? I'm also curious about the price difference. I buy the largest bag of GO! Natural and it tends to last me just under 2 months for $70.
1 reply
Jan 18, 2008
645 posts
73 upvotes
Been feeding raw for over 12 years. Do tons of reading and research. I started because of my Golden's allergies. I switched with the guidance of my vet. Cost is cheaper than high end dog food, in my experience.