None
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
972 upvotes
Vaughan

Console Gaming General Discussion

We always have threads for new games, but nothing about older or existing games. No real definitive thread about console gaming.

What's everyone playing right now? What have you bought recently?

I'll start - just finished Uncharted 2 (liked it), booted up Final Fantasy Type 0 HD (got an hour and a half in, realized it doesn't auto save, and realized I missed a save point, died, then instead of restarting, sold it - didn't like the game anyway), and I'm 2 hours into Digimon Cyber Sleuth (man this game is fun, nostalgia reasons and other). Uncharted 3 as soon as I'm done Digimon.
633 replies
Jan 29, 2013
579 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
I've got a couple of things on the go right now:
- Uncharted 4 (I know, this is new)
- Tropico 5 (recently free for PS+)
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
273 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
I just got the Bloodborne DLC. Amazingly, I kinda forgot about it - I was playing something else at the time and I put it on hold and just forgot.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... ld-hunters

REALLY tough. Did anyone do the DLC? What level? Im at level 82 and I'm getting crushed. I think I need to grind some Chalice dungeons and get better gems.

The quality of the DLC so far is amazing. From is one of the few companies who seems to do DLC right. DS1 had 1 DLC, and it was amazing. DS2...well, the DLC where better than the main game lol. And BB looks like they are going with DS1 - just one DLC, but an amazing one.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4631 posts
574 upvotes
With the exception of a few rounds of the Halo Wars 2 beta, Ive been playing nothing but Overwatch since I picked it up about a week after it released, such a fantastic game with a surprisingly incredible amount of depth.

There is a new Halo update this week that Im eager to check out but its going to take a lot to pull me away from Overwatch.

I picked up the UCC collection but kind of got sidetracked with Overwatch a good way through UC1 and Im having a tough time going back to it.

I also was deep into dark souls recently... Got to Ornstien and Smaug and must have spent about 6 to 8 hours trying to take him down. I eventually beat him but it exhausted my desire to play that game any further especially since there doesnt seem to be any clear path forward. I was adamant that I was going to finish that game and move onto DS2/DS3 but that boss fight just destroyed me and dont have the will to do anything like that again.

I also forgot I played through the EA Access trial of Mirrors Edge and really loved my time with it, I actually had a digital copy of Mirrors Edge so I loaded that up and played several hours of it. Fun game though its been completely put aside for Overwatch (a common theme).
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2914 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
I just finished Mirror's Edge:Catalyst and DOOM, and now I've gone back to my backlog. I played a bit of The Crew just to check it out since it was free on Xbone, and now I'm in the midst of re-playing XCom (Free backwards compatibility title).

I'm actually looking forward to trying out "Inside", the sidescrolling game from the makers of Limbo that's coming out this week.
PSN: M̶1̶G̶O̶m̶i̶g̶s̶ | XBox Live: M1GO
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
972 upvotes
Vaughan
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 1:49 pm
With the exception of a few rounds of the Halo Wars 2 beta, Ive been playing nothing but Overwatch since I picked it up about a week after it released, such a fantastic game with a surprisingly incredible amount of depth.

There is a new Halo update this week that Im eager to check out but its going to take a lot to pull me away from Overwatch.

I picked up the UCC collection but kind of got sidetracked with Overwatch a good way through UC1 and Im having a tough time going back to it.

I also was deep into dark souls recently... Got to Ornstien and Smaug and must have spent about 6 to 8 hours trying to take him down. I eventually beat him but it exhausted my desire to play that game any further especially since there doesnt seem to be any clear path forward. I was adamant that I was going to finish that game and move onto DS2/DS3 but that boss fight just destroyed me and dont have the will to do anything like that again.

I also forgot I played through the EA Access trial of Mirrors Edge and really loved my time with it, I actually had a digital copy of Mirrors Edge so I loaded that up and played several hours of it. Fun game though its been completely put aside for Overwatch (a common theme).
I had Overwatch in my hands last week, returned it.

I played the Beta, and I'm going to assume it's more of the same. I just can't get into a game that doesn't have a progression of sorts - which is weird, as I love DotA and LoL etc.

Something about Overwatch rubs me the wrong way, and as a Blizzard fanboy of sorts, it can't be explained.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7030 posts
2119 upvotes
Toronto
Still playing Syndicate Wars for DOS.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4631 posts
574 upvotes
squadz wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 2:24 pm
I had Overwatch in my hands last week, returned it.

I played the Beta, and I'm going to assume it's more of the same. I just can't get into a game that doesn't have a progression of sorts - which is weird, as I love DotA and LoL etc.

Something about Overwatch rubs me the wrong way, and as a Blizzard fanboy of sorts, it can't be explained.
Progression System?

There is like a million unlocks thanks to there loot crate system, which provides a nice hook and they are bringing in a competitive playlist with rankings and stuff at the end of this month.

I also played the beta and well I enjoyed it wasnt completely sold on it but my friends all got it so I jumped in too. Every character is so different and unique there is a playstyle for everyone.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
972 upvotes
Vaughan
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 2:41 pm
Progression System?

There is like a million unlocks thanks to there loot crate system, which is a nice hook and they are bringing in a competitive playlist with rankings and stuff at the end of this month.
Skins don't excite me - I'm comparing more to BF4/CoD/Rocket League's progression.

Getting new paint isn't really a push for me to keep playing. Competitive definitely is, we'll see how that shapes up. It just bugs me that this would be a game I'd like, but they seem to have less features than Rocket League does...
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4631 posts
574 upvotes
squadz wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 2:47 pm
Skins don't excite me - I'm comparing more to BF4/CoD/Rocket League's progression.

Getting new paint isn't really a push for me to keep playing. Competitive definitely is, we'll see how that shapes up. It just bugs me that this would be a game I'd like, but they seem to have less features than Rocket League does...
BF4/CoD progression is literally just a bar filling up with some unlocks when you hit a certain levels. What Overwatch has is currently on Par with that.

They are adding a Competitive ranked playlist with seasons akin to RL I think tommorrow actually, Im quite looking forward to it as I certainly agree with you in regards to skill based progression. My only concern is that Overwatch is such a team based game that queuing solo might or even with just one or two buddies might be very difficult.

[video]
[/video]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5603 posts
1175 upvotes
Microsoft announced they are permanently shutting down XBox Fitness in July 2017.
It will not be available to play or download after that point, even if you have the game.

https://microsoftstudios.com/news/2016/ ... ouncement/

It seems Microsoft is shutting down online games that are tied to Kinect.
The studio that was working on Fable Legends Kinect was also shut down permanently earlier this year.
Since November 2013, Xbox Fitness has allowed you to experience the world’s best workouts with famous trainers, right in the comfort of your own home. As a service, Xbox Fitness has continually evolved since it launched on Xbox One, with new content and ongoing updates. Given the service relies on providing you with new and exciting content regularly, Microsoft has given much consideration to the reality updating the service regularly in order to sustain it. Therefore, the decision has been made to scale back our support for Xbox Fitness over the next year, and we want to provide our users with a timeline of the changes you will see. We’ll also ensure information is posted regularly in the News page within Xbox Fitness:

Beginning today, June 27, 2016, Xbox Fitness content will no longer be available for purchase.
For existing users of Xbox Fitness, the content you’ve purchased will be available to play for a year, through June 30, 2017.

On December 15, 2016, we will be removing our “Free with Gold” offer. Until then, Gold members will still be able to access and play the over 30+ workouts available for streaming as a part of this offer for free.

On July 1, 2017, Xbox Fitness (and all associated content) will no longer be available for download/play. This includes content you’ve purchased. At that time, Xbox Fitness will no longer be available for download from Xbox Marketplace and content will not be available for play from the Xbox Marketplace nor within the game. Xbox Fitness users will no longer be able access Xbox Fitness and the associated workouts/programs.
While our team is saddened by this news, we couldn’t be more proud of what we’ve accomplished in the past two and a half years. We released Xbox Fitness as a service with Xbox One on Day One and have since added custom content from well-respected trainers and have added new features such as Leaderboards, the option to download purchased workouts, and the option for users to play with or without Kinect.

We know that many of you have used Xbox Fitness to begin your fitness journey, to supplement it, or as a way to redefine your own fitness story. We’re glad we could be a part of the journey. We’ve seen Xbox Fitness fans take what they’ve gained with Xbox Fitness and share it with their own communities to encourage others to find their fitness and their own path to a healthier life. We thank you for sharing your story and your life with us. It’s been a fantastic, fun, and fit journey to share with you all.
source thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1239723

Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4631 posts
574 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 5:06 pm
Microsoft announced they are permanently shutting down XBox Fitness in July 2017.
It will not be available to play or download after that point, even if you have the game.

https://microsoftstudios.com/news/2016/ ... ouncement/

It seems Microsoft is shutting down online games that are tied to Kinect.
The studio that was working on Fable Legends Kinect was also shut down permanently earlier this year.

source thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1239723

This is entirely OT but Im incredibly upset about this, My wife and I actually use this quite a bit and Ive spent over 100$ on workout programs.

Also Fable Legends had nothing to do with kinect and that studio was shut down for entirely different reasons.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4631 posts
574 upvotes
I just bought Inside from the creators of Limbo.

It was kind of stealth released today on XB1 and its currently sitting at 92 on metacritic.

Its on on steam next week.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2914 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jun 28th, 2016 10:42 am
I just bought Inside from the creators of Limbo.

It was kind of stealth released today on XB1 and its currently sitting at 92 on metacritic.

Its on on steam next week.
I'm gonna grab it too...

Also, Banner Saga 2 on July GWG should keep me occupied as well.

Anyone looking to grab Song of the Deep?
PSN: M̶1̶G̶O̶m̶i̶g̶s̶ | XBox Live: M1GO
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5692 posts
652 upvotes
Grimsby
XFactor11 wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 5:06 pm
It is kind of nuts that they aren't allowing people to at least download the content and play it offline. I haven't read the whole story but I hope they fully refund people.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel