Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
ReeGee wrote:
SpicYMchaggis wrote: Check out Halo 5, The MP is fantastic.

Also Sunset Overdrive.
bro i dunno if you missed my post above but how did you get a code for FH3 and so early before launch?
A good buddy of mine works for Microsoft. They can get digital (and physical) versions of all the Microsoft published games at a very large discount from the employee store.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote: A good buddy of mine works for Microsoft. They can get digital (and physical) versions of all the Microsoft published games at a very large discount from the employee store.
sweet deal your buddy looking for anymore buddies? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1424 posts
394 upvotes
GVRD
SpicYMchaggis wrote: This xbox play anywhere initiative is really great.

I redeemed both my recore code and GoW/FH3 codes on my phone and they both automatically showed up on my ready to install list on my XBO as well as my games on my PC.

I loaded both up and played the first hour on my XBO on Wed then last night I decided to load it up on my PC and it loaded up right where I left off on my XBO. Ive been using the XBO Streaming features whenever I want to do this but this is a way nicer solution. I can really see myself taking advantage of this.
WHaaaaat? you have future machine? How/where did you get these last wednesday?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1499 posts
4659 upvotes
Toronto
Yo everyone needs to play Helldivers!
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Shuhei Yoshida throws No Man's Sky under the bus.
Said Sean Murray "dropped the ball" in a Tokyo Games Show interview.
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12038 posts
5146 upvotes
So SONY is blaming bad PR from the developer, while they were in charge of marketing. What is this, Dumb & Dumber video game talk.....
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
Played Odin's Sphere last night, that game is fun as hell. Look forward to more of it.
Overcooked is still a delight, been playing that with my fiance - both love it.

For the XB1, I picked up some games along with NHL 17. Gears of War 1-3, Red Dead Redemption and Quantum Break. The Gears games were $3.50 each, RDR was $10 and Quantum was free via trade. Stocked up on things to play now.

Funny that I bought an XB1, but the games that interest me the most on the platform are old ones - #nextgen.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
I finally finished Recore last night,

It had some moments of brilliant platforming and some really fun collecting but was really bogged down by terrible load times, abundance of wierd technical issues, some strange pacing, and some really poor combat. Having heard about how they gated the end away I had prepared for that by taking the time to explore the world and collect the required number of cores before even hitting the end game tower. The end game tower was still a bit of a nightmare to play through thanks to the frustrating and janky combat.

Im legitimately curious to hear the story behind the development of this game, through the first 8-10 hours of this game it might have been on of my favorite games I played all year but it completely fell apart near the end.

Despite all of that I think If you are the kind of guy thats into games like hard 3D platformers or collectathons like Banjo Kazooie I would still really recommend playing this game, despite all the glitchs etc... its still a refreshing call-back to those N64 style platformers in an open world.

Anyways onto Forza Horizon 3.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
Wow the bigger news to me is that the Wii U was ahead of the PS4 until now and that it sold over 3 million in Japan alone. I just assumed the PS4 surpassed it ages ago and the way the media and average gamer treats the WiiU you'd think it's some dead trash console nobody owns.

It's not something I generally think or care about but reading that actually frustrates me now with how poorly Nintendo treats their still fairly large audience. I feel like 1 million people is a large enough audience that deserves to be supported with content at fair prices. 3 Million in Japan or 10+ million worldwide (i'm guessing) is a substantial numbers of customers having support dropped and being gouged with high prices for old games. Damn it Nintendo
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
Bought Lost Odyssey & Blue Dragon last week in anticipation of them going on the backwards compatibility list. Scored with Lost Odyssey! Thanks Xbox!

I'm actually really happy I purchased the XB1 with my PS4. It's getting more of my time. Competition is great - XB1 has been steadily consumer focused for the past two years, while Sony is slipping on that front. They still have a huge lead, but XB will be getting my money for the foreseeable future, especially with every Sony game getting delayed all the time.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2310 posts
1068 upvotes
Toronto
It's always interesting to see console sales figures broken down by region.

For instance, the N64 was a huge hit in North America where it almost sold as much as the SNES. But the system did not perform that well in Japan where it was outsold by the Sega Saturn! But then the GameCube did relatively well in Japan when compared to the rest of the world.

The Wii U did okay in Japan when looking at historical data and current trends. But so did the Sega Saturn and PlayStation Vita....Winking Face
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2310 posts
1068 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: Wow the bigger news to me is that the Wii U was ahead of the PS4 until now and that it sold over 3 million in Japan alone. I just assumed the PS4 surpassed it ages ago and the way the media and average gamer treats the WiiU you'd think it's some dead trash console nobody owns.

It's not something I generally think or care about but reading that actually frustrates me now with how poorly Nintendo treats their still fairly large audience. I feel like 1 million people is a large enough audience that deserves to be supported with content at fair prices. 3 Million in Japan or 10+ million worldwide (i'm guessing) is a substantial numbers of customers having support dropped and being gouged with high prices for old games. Damn it Nintendo
Without mincing words, the Wii U is all but dead. 13 million units over 4 years is very poor when looking at historical hardware sales. I'll be interested to see how many people are still active Wii U owners.

Nintendo knows the base is on the 3DS, hence its still getting solid support through 2017.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
heywhatsmyname wrote: Without mincing words, the Wii U is all but dead. 13 million units over 4 years is very poor when looking at historical hardware sales. I'll be interested to see how many people are still active Wii U owners.

Nintendo knows the base is on the 3DS, hence its still getting solid support through 2017.
The 10 years that's passed since last gen is an eon in the context of technology trends so there's no sense in drawing comparisons between now and back then. Even if you want to do that then the 3DS also sold very poorly compared to the DS. There's a trend of lower hardware sales that's industry wide, that isn't something exclusive to Nintendo.
The point is any number of MILLIONS of people is still a substantial audience that will pay for fairly priced content if it existed, but it doesn't. The WiiU is only "dead" because of Nintendo's own neglect and incompetence in the ability to capitalize on their audience.
Sep 12, 2012
954 posts
906 upvotes
Toronto
CFRTim wrote: So SONY is blaming bad PR from the developer, while they were in charge of marketing. What is this, Dumb & Dumber video game talk.....
They weren't really in charge of marketing. They had access to Sony platform, such as blogs, YouTube channel, e3, interviews, etc. Hello Games made the content and Sony published them.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
Gunz13 wrote:
CFRTim wrote: So SONY is blaming bad PR from the developer, while they were in charge of marketing. What is this, Dumb & Dumber video game talk.....
They weren't really in charge of marketing. They had access to Sony platform, such as blogs, YouTube channel, e3, interviews, etc. Hello Games made the content and Sony published them.
Oh really....

Gamespot: Sony to treat PS4's No mans sky like a first party title
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
Sony was in charge of marketing but not development. They didn't really know what was going on internally with the game, they were just sent media to promote and told the team to get vertical slices ready for E3/etc.

Either way both companies put their name on the game and so to me the stain is on both of them. Very promising but ultimately released half finished.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2310 posts
1068 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote:
heywhatsmyname wrote: Without mincing words, the Wii U is all but dead. 13 million units over 4 years is very poor when looking at historical hardware sales. I'll be interested to see how many people are still active Wii U owners.

The 10 years that's passed since last gen is an eon in the context of technology trends so there's no sense in drawing comparisons between now and back then. Even if you want to do that then the 3DS also sold very poorly compared to the DS. There's a trend of lower hardware sales that's industry wide, that isn't something exclusive to Nintendo.
The point is any number of MILLIONS of people is still a substantial audience that will pay for fairly priced content if it existed, but it doesn't. The WiiU is only "dead" because of Nintendo's own neglect and incompetence in the ability to capitalize on their audience.
The 3DS did sell well with 60 million units sold (even if thats a fraction of the original DS) There is a large install base and its cheaper to produce 3DS games.

There isn't a major trend towards lower hardware sales outside of Japan. The PS4 and Xbox One are doing well, whether one looks at historical data or not.

I understand what you mean. There is a small but dedicated base of Wii U owners and Nintendo could have paid more attention to them....especially in 2016. I think Nintendo felt they have done all they could with the Wii U and are now looking forward.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
squadz wrote: Played Odin's Sphere last night, that game is fun as hell. Look forward to more of it.
Overcooked is still a delight, been playing that with my fiance - both love it.

For the XB1, I picked up some games along with NHL 17. Gears of War 1-3, Red Dead Redemption and Quantum Break. The Gears games were $3.50 each, RDR was $10 and Quantum was free via trade. Stocked up on things to play now.

Funny that I bought an XB1, but the games that interest me the most on the platform are old ones - #nextgen.
Honestly I've been hearing this a lot lately in regards to BC + EA Access selling people on these consoles.

A lot of people kind of wrote it off when it was announced but Interestingly enough BC (and the nice way its been implemented) combined with some dirt cheap SKU's might be the saving grace of the XB1. Ive certainly used it a lot more then I had ever anticipated I would.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Playstation Experience announced for December 3rd and 4th, 2016.
Hopefully it will reveal more Final Fantasy VII remake progress or some other new game announcements on the Live Stream before the event kicks off.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/ ... -december/

LIVE with Youtube Gaming just launched. It has Geoff Keighley as the host and Easy Allies' Kyle Bosman doing an exclusive segment on the show every week.

Sean Murray has gone into hiding (off of social media) since the release of No Man's Sky.

Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1600 posts
950 upvotes
GTA
What's the story behind no man's sky.....
I remember they approached MSFT first and they passed on it, and Sony got it..
And it was a mistake on MSFT part, they should have kept it or something.. but it turned out bad or something?

Cliff Notes?

I do own an XB1, but I'm not trying to start anything. Just want to know what's the scoop