None
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3513 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jun 30th, 2016 2:05 pm
Its actually been like this since the late stages of last generation. If you wait 3 or 4 more months it'll be half that price.

I loaded up Halo's newly added firefight mode last night and it was surprisingly fun. Not the same firefight that was in ODST/REach at all, There is a bit less strategy but a lot is a lot grander in scale and loads of fun with lots of REQ to be earned for playing it. They also added a Mech Grunt that rips his dialogue straight from Sunset Overdrives Fizze
Nice... I'm gonna try it this weekend for sure. I haven't played a Warzone game in ages, and I've got a bunch of req stuff to use up :)

BTW, how's Inside?
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1556 posts
896 upvotes
Windsor
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jun 29th, 2016 5:36 pm
Thats what they told me, I had to grill them a bit to get the 40$ price back though.
They said the system sent me multiple emails regarding my payment issue but I didn't even receive one! Policy is policy even their supervisor cant give me special discount/credits after promotion expired. Guess I should never pre-order from Amazon again :(
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6452 posts
2560 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote:
Jun 29th, 2016 2:14 pm
Tropical Freeze is still my favorite platformer.

Beautiful scenery, and fun levels. Not finished it yet?
I've been taking my time with it between other games and i've found the later worlds so hard I can only handle it in short sittings. It's fun and a gorgeous game but it can get pretty difficult and frustrating so I take it 2-3 levels at a time
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
986 upvotes
Vaughan
For anyone looking for a console Pokemon game, grab Digimon Cyber Sleuth. This game is great.

It's literally what Pokemon could be on a console. Having a blast with it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5087 posts
765 upvotes
calgary
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jun 30th, 2016 2:07 pm

BTW, how's Inside?
I finished it off over the weekend and its incredible, its a short game but its on another level.
Its hard for me to put into words why exactly its so good but between its art style/graphics, sound design, and the world on display there is a feeling of dread and fear well at the same time an immense amount of curiosity that I've rarely felt well playing a video game which is crazy because when you strip all that stuff away its actually a fairly by the numbers puzzle platformer (the puzzles themselves are fairly one note and simple but satisfying).

If you do pick it up (which I highly recommend) make sure you play with headphones or loud volume

On a side note I finally finished Super Mario Galaxy 2 this weekend after buying it when it went on the VC months ago. This is such a wonderfully imaginative and fun game, I wish Nintendo would make another 3D Mario game.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3513 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jul 4th, 2016 10:07 am
I finished it off over the weekend and its incredible, its a short game but its on another level.
Its hard for me to put into words why exactly its so good but between its art style/graphics, sound design, and the world on display there is a feeling of dread and fear well at the same time an immense amount of curiosity that I've rarely felt well playing a video game which is crazy because when you strip all that stuff away its actually a fairly by the numbers puzzle platformer (the puzzles themselves are fairly one note and simple but satisfying).

If you do pick it up (which I highly recommend) make sure you play with headphones or loud volume
Nice... It's next on my list. I absolutely loved Limbo, and this is an absolute spiritual successor to that game.

Currently almost finished with XCom, and I also want to get into Banner Saga 2, but Inside will be a good respite from turn based gaming.

Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1354 posts
219 upvotes
BC
Anyone have any opinions about "Until Dawn". Is it worth $29.99?
“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.”
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
986 upvotes
Vaughan
insync44 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2016 9:42 am
One of my favorite games of this generation. Easily worth 3x that price.

It regularly goes on sale for $19.99 though, if you want to wait. But either wait, grab it.
Aug 20, 2009
6888 posts
1585 upvotes
Grimsby
insync44 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2016 9:42 am
It's a pretty fun game, especially if you play it with other people. You will get one really solid playthrough and sometimes people do a 2nd to observe the differences or do Trophies. Totally worth the $30 IMO, I paid $60 and no regrets.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1354 posts
219 upvotes
BC
Thank you kindly.
“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.”
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5087 posts
765 upvotes
calgary
Did anyone pick up any of the games on sale through XBL or PSN recently?

I finally picked up DS3 despite saying I wouldnt until I beat DS1. Half tempted at throwing money at Doom, Wolfenstien, and Aassasins Creed but I dont like having more then 1 game to play at once.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6924 posts
1821 upvotes
CD Project Red is releasing a Game of the Year version of The Witcher 3

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... on-spotted

I bought the standard version of the game and season pass although I cannot play the DLC until I reach at least level 30.

CD Projekt Red has, in a statement given to Eurogamer, confirmed The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition.

Game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz told us: "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was a gigantic effort for the entire studio, and both the team and me were amazed by the good reception of Geralt's adventures. Since launch, we've released two expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, which added a lot of new adventures to the already potent mix.

"With all the free DLC and updates the game received so far, including significant changes to the game's interface and mechanics, many gamers have asked us if we're working on some sort of a Game of the Year Edition. I'm happy to confirm - yes, plans are in motion to release such an edition. We'll release more details, including the release date, in the future. In the meantime, I'd like to thank every fan of the game for their support - you're really amazing!"

Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3513 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jul 6th, 2016 10:26 am
Did anyone pick up any of the games on sale through XBL or PSN recently?

I finally picked up DS3 despite saying I wouldnt until I beat DS1. Half tempted at throwing money at Doom, Wolfenstien, and Aassasins Creed but I dont like having more then 1 game to play at once.
If you are thinking of those 3, go for Doom! I sound like a broken record on this game but it surprised me so much. A game I thought would last me 10-15 hours at most, I ended up playing for 25.

Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5087 posts
765 upvotes
calgary
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jul 6th, 2016 4:32 pm
If you are thinking of those 3, go for Doom! I sound like a broken record on this game but it surprised me so much. A game I thought would last me 10-15 hours at most, I ended up playing for 25.
I did not dig the demo or the multiplayer beta at all and I feel its a game much better suited to M/K but the word of mouth is making it hard to resist. It being the most expensive of the bunch is also not helping its cause.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3513 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jul 6th, 2016 4:39 pm
I did not dig the demo or the multiplayer beta at all and I feel its a game much better suited to M/K but the word of mouth is making it hard to resist. It being the most expensive of the bunch is also not helping its cause.
Yeah, once it drops to that magical $20-30 range, I think we'll see an uptick. I actually lent my copy to friends because they didn't want to pay that much for it... I generally don't keep games, but Doom, Halo 5 and Titanfall are the 3 remaining physical discs in my library.

Also, I didn't find it difficult to play on controller. It's a fast game, and will take some getting used to, but it's not an overly precise game. You're constantly on the move in either corridors or medium sized arena areas so I never found the need to whip around 180 degrees instantly was an absolute necessity either.