Tags:
None
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
979 upvotes
Vaughan
Is there any modifications you can make to a PS4 controller to have it last more than 4 hours?

It's frustrating me now. I have two of them, they both die after 4 hours. My XB1 controller lasts days, my Wii U Pro controller lasts weeks, but these die in hours.
May 9, 2007
772 posts
195 upvotes
squadz wrote:
Feb 16th, 2017 11:07 am
Is there any modifications you can make to a PS4 controller to have it last more than 4 hours?

It's frustrating me now. I have two of them, they both die after 4 hours. My XB1 controller lasts days, my Wii U Pro controller lasts weeks, but these die in hours.
You can open up the controller and change the battery if it bothers you that much. Will probably be a worthwihile investment if you play a lot especially if you do both controllers. Check youtube.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5859 posts
1229 upvotes
Good episode. He mainly covers older games but is an exceptional story teller.

Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1677 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
Pleased to see Horizon getting across the board good reviews.

People had some concerns as an open world action RPG would be a major change in direction for a developer known for FPS games.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
979 upvotes
Vaughan
heywhatsmyname wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 12:34 pm
Pleased to see Horizon getting across the board good reviews.

People had some concerns as an open world action RPG would be a major change in direction for a developer known for FPS games.
Just seem weird that there's so many contradictions in each review.

Some like the story, some don't, some praise the open world, some don't. There's no consistency to the reviews.

I'm going to wait on this one. I've noticed lately that games are getting way higher scores than they should, not saying Horizon doesn't deserve it, but I've learned to be cautious after last year.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1677 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 8:17 pm
Just seem weird that there's so many contradictions in each review.

Some like the story, some don't, some praise the open world, some don't. There's no consistency to the reviews.

I'm going to wait on this one. I've noticed lately that games are getting way higher scores than they should, not saying Horizon doesn't deserve it, but I've learned to be cautious after last year.
There is a broad consensus with the gameplay and environment. As for the story, it seems that more reviewers like the story than ones that do not like it.

I don't think games have received higher scores than they should recently. Games have always received higher reviews when comparing to other mediums.
On the other hand, there is a wide array of reviewers, so we'll see more contradictory viewpoints. One example was The Last Guardian, where impressions ranged from garbage to masterpiece.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
979 upvotes
Vaughan
heywhatsmyname wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 10:46 pm
There is a broad consensus with the gameplay and environment. As for the story, it seems that more reviewers like the story than ones that do not like it.

I don't think games have received higher scores than they should recently. Games have always received higher reviews when comparing to other mediums.
On the other hand, there is a wide array of reviewers, so we'll see more contradictory viewpoints. One example was The Last Guardian, where impressions ranged from garbage to masterpiece.
And The Last Guardian is at 82% on metacritic, which definitely doesn't mean mixed reviews. Sort of proves my point actually.

Compiling reviews for that game, and the diverse opinion, it doesn't deserve 82%.

Reviews are generally favorable lately, for most games. Like it's a sin to hand out a 5/10 or the like. Weird thing is that if you actually read some review, they read a lot lower than the score suggests.

Just a wonky business.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5819 posts
708 upvotes
Grimsby
heywhatsmyname wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 10:46 pm

Yeah its widely considered a great game right now with few negative reviews despite a large number of them. Every reviewer has different opinions but most seem to like the story and universe created. You can't get 100% consistency across 70+ reviewers. Looks like this is a critical hit, now to see if it sells.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1677 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 10:54 pm
And The Last Guardian is at 82% on metacritic, which definitely doesn't mean mixed reviews. Sort of proves my point actually.

Compiling reviews for that game, and the diverse opinion, it doesn't deserve 82%.

Reviews are generally favorable lately, for most games. Like it's a sin to hand out a 5/10 or the like. Weird thing is that if you actually read some review, they read a lot lower than the score suggests.

Just a wonky business.
Okay, could you please list some games that deserved a 5 but received great reviews?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5859 posts
1229 upvotes
There are some sidequest characters in Horizon with some really bad acting. See this viral video where the other voice actor's performance is like something out of The Room.
Maybe the voice director told the actor to deliver the lines like that to make the character seem more disheveled.

The facial animation is probably comparable to Mass Effect in terms of uncanny valley. At least the NPC voice acting is more diverse than
something like Skyrim or Oblivion where a lot of the characters or townspeople are voiced by the same person.

[OP]
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
979 upvotes
Vaughan
heywhatsmyname wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 10:39 am
Okay, could you please list some games that deserved a 5 but received great reviews?
I could, but it's not necessary to my point, and involves more work than I want to do for this topic.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5819 posts
708 upvotes
Grimsby
Now that its been confirmed as the real deal I just got an order in with the Prime discount, looking forward to playing Horizon in a week. Shame I forgot about it at E3 last year but oh well.
Feb 9, 2014
971 posts
2164 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 6:00 pm
Now that its been confirmed as the real deal I just got an order in with the Prime discount, looking forward to playing Horizon in a week. Shame I forgot about it at E3 last year but oh well.
The hype is getting to me too, I'm about 80% sure I'll pick up Horizon day one. But $79.99 man... I don't even have Prime.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3131 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
I don't understand why people are surprised at the quality of Horizon, while using Guerilla's history as an FPS developer. I mean, Naughty Dog used to make cartoonish platformers before Uncharted and Last of Us, but nobody ever questioned their pedigree... Killzone was a decent, if unspectacular franchise, but it still showed their team had a lot of technical skill.

Horizon has always looked like an amazing game, ever since its debut a couple years ago. Sometimes developers just get stuck in a genre because they're forced to, and I'm glad they were given the freedom to make some new IP.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE