None
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1663 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto
GSpeed wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 3:31 pm
I'm confused with the numbers... 8 Games Per Owner??
Yes, a PS4 owner has on average 8 games.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1663 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto
Strong sales for the PS4. It will likely be the fourth home console to hit the 100 million mark after PS1, PS2 and Wii.

The PS4s legacy will be that it came out during the time when the mainstream tech media and business analysts predicted that traditional gaming consoles are on the way out. Remember when we were all going to game on our tablets?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5771 posts
1207 upvotes
The Diablo III - Necromancer class is being added on June 27th for PC, PS4, XB1.

It will be $14.99 USD

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/208451 ... -6-20-2017

Q. What about all the other features coming in Patch 2.6.0?
A. Challenge Rifts, The Shrouded Moors zone, Temple of the Firstborn zone, and the Realms of Fate are all free content—if you own the Reaper of Souls expansion pack, they are available for play without any additional purchases.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5771 posts
1207 upvotes
Digital Foundry covers Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4 remaster of the PS2 game with extra content over the original).
It has an 87 metacritic average which is 6 points higher than what Final Fantasy XV scored. XII definitely has a better cast of characters and story.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... zodiac-age

Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5775 posts
690 upvotes
Grimsby
Man between Nioh, Final Fantasy XII Remaster and other stuff I am totally bogged down at the moment. I think I better focus on Nioh because FFXII can suck up so much time. The remaster is really nice, I always loved the IZJS version and the class combos are so fun to experiment with. The audio is improved over the PS2 version but still pretty compressed, I think Square simply lost the uncompressed files. This seems to happen to videogame companies all the time, they need to engage in some better source control and backup strategies.

Anyways what's everyone else playing? Seems like a bit of a lull right now. I kind of ignored Arms on the Switch but I will probably pickup Super Mario Odyssey when it comes out.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3025 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 10:49 am
Anyways what's everyone else playing? Seems like a bit of a lull right now. I kind of ignored Arms on the Switch but I will probably pickup Super Mario Odyssey when it comes out.
It's the perfect time for backlogs... I'm playing Wolfenstein A New Order because I only played through half that game when it came out, and also looking to finish Life is Strange. That should then get me to the Destiny Beta, and then from there I'll go back to finish Prey, and maybe actually try to mainline ME:Andromeda.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4689 posts
592 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 12:36 pm
It's the perfect time for backlogs... I'm playing Wolfenstein A New Order because I only played through half that game when it came out, and also looking to finish Life is Strange. That should then get me to the Destiny Beta, and then from there I'll go back to finish Prey, and maybe actually try to mainline ME:Andromeda.
Heh, funny enough I also re-started Wolfenstien: TNO after I heard a bunch of people hyping it up (again) after E3. I went through the first bit of that game a couple times and bounced off it and its sat it my backlog since it was practically 2 years, it gets much better though once you finish the introductory portion. Im still not sold on the gameplay, it feels a bit too much like a shooting gallery with poor AI and some bullet sponge enemies combined with some fairly simple stealth segments but the story and the way its shot/shown is really quite spectacular.

I've also been playing a ton of Arms, I really love just playing the Vs. Mode. Its really great to have a game from Nintendo that is fun because it is real competitive.

I picked up a bunch of stupidly cheap games on sale recently including Superhot and Deus Ex. I havent touched the latter but the former was a really cool and neat 2 hour experience that gave me some Portal one vibes in the way the story is told. There was a whole slew of games on sale that I wanted to play so I literally just went with the cheapest with the intent of not filling my backlog with games I cannot play.

I also snagged a 4K TV over the weekend, been testing out a bunch of upscaled HDR games which all look incredible and 4K Blu-rays. Honestly the jump to 4K video feels far more substantial then I ever thought it would likely in part because this TV is much bigger then the previous one I owned. It actually makes me a bit excited about the One X.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3025 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 3:03 pm
Heh, funny enough I also re-started Wolfenstien: TNO after I heard a bunch of people hyping it up (again) after E3. I went through the first bit of that game a couple times and bounced off it and its sat it my backlog since it was practically 2 years, it gets much better though once you finish the introductory portion. Im still not sold on the gameplay, it feels a bit too much like a shooting gallery with poor AI and some bullet sponge enemies combined with some fairly simple stealth segments but the story and the way its shot/shown is really quite spectacular.
Yeah TBH I don't think I was ready for Wolfenstein 2+ years ago when I first played it. It felt so loose and a bit too fast compared to the CODs and BFs I was getting used to at the time. Doom has helped me get into this a bit more, although it doesn't feel as good as Doom did, I'm still enjoying the campaign. The train scene is as tense the 2nd time around as it was before. Also, I really appreciate how they've humanized BJ Blazkowicz in this iteration, and I'm looking forward to playing The New Colossus when it comes out.

Aside from that, when I can I also jump into Gears now and then, and sometimes BF1 with friends. If anyone's interested in some online play, hit me up.

Any idea if/when Sea of Thieves will run more alphas/betas?
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2281 posts
370 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 3:23 pm
Anyone play Speedrunners? It was the free game given away with XBL Gold this month. Its basically a multiplayer speedrunning game and its quite fun and addicting.
I dont even usually check out this titles but I enjoy speed running type games and this one has me hooked.
Yes, very enjoyable to play... hard on fingers!!
May 9, 2007
732 posts
181 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 3:23 pm
Anyone play Speedrunners? It was the free game given away with XBL Gold this month. Its basically a multiplayer speedrunning game and its quite fun and addicting.
I dont even usually check out this titles but I enjoy speed running type games and this one has me hooked.
Just played a few rounds of the new free XBL game Runbow. It's been described as a clone of Speedrunners and it's ******** little brother. Ya definitely not as fun as Speedrunners.
May 9, 2007
732 posts
181 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 10:49 am
Man between Nioh, Final Fantasy XII Remaster and other stuff I am totally bogged down at the moment. I think I better focus on Nioh because FFXII can suck up so much time. The remaster is really nice, I always loved the IZJS version and the class combos are so fun to experiment with. The audio is improved over the PS2 version but still pretty compressed, I think Square simply lost the uncompressed files. This seems to happen to videogame companies all the time, they need to engage in some better source control and backup strategies.

I've been playing a ton of Destiny and Starwars Battlefront recently. Bought the complete editions a few months back figured I should get my money's worth while there's still a community left.

I platinumed the first two games of Ratchet & Clank and Jak and Daxter games as I work my way through the series. Not gonna lie Jak and Daxter 2 is my crowning achievement thus far in terms of platinum. J&D2 difficulty is legendary. It puts Bloodborne and Nioh to shame. Just goes to show you how much more difficult old school games really were. In BB and Nioh if you're having difficulty beating a boss just level up, get better gear, summon a friend etc.. it's really not that difficult. In J&D2 the only way to beat a level is to Git Gud lol! Also nice to see some of Naughty Dog's early work.

Also squeezing in some time into The Witcher as I work my way through that series too.
May 9, 2007
732 posts
181 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 12:36 pm
I couldn't make it through Wolfenstein. Felt kind of generic to me. Definitely not as good as the New DOOM reboot. I've heard lots of good things about Prey . ME Andromeda in spite of the all the hate (deservedly so) actually looks like fun and the itch to play it is growing. Maybe I'll pick it up as soon as there's a good sale.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4954 posts
1441 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 4:08 pm
Also, I really appreciate how they've humanized BJ Blazkowicz in this iteration, and I'm looking forward to playing The New Colossus when it comes out.
Give a The Old Blood and look if you're enjoying The New Order. It's a short prequel to TNO with its own slight twist on gameplay but just as good and well worth it when it's on sale for $5-10
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4954 posts
1441 upvotes
Toronto
I'm about half way through Killzone Shadowfall right now and I'm enjoying this game. Pretty good visuals for a launch title and while the story is completely incoherent to me (no idea what's going on) I'm enjoying the action and gameplay. The slightly open ended mission design and your combat drone are pretty cool and the unlocked frame rate is a welcome option. Not something I'd ever play again or online but the campaign was worth checking out for $10