• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2017 1:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4754 posts
609 upvotes
II don't know if anyone will even bother or care but it looks like Recore got its big update today which seems to fix a number of the glaring issues of the original game

Recore: definitive edition

Despite its bad reviews when it released (and it deserved all of them) I actually really loved this game. Despite being janky, buggy and having a terrible endgame/story it has some stupidly fun platforming and a very big interesting world to explore.

I'd encourage people to check it out if they are looking for something cheap to play, i think it's only 20$ now or its free on gamepass. I'd really like to hear some impressions from people who didn't have to deal with terribly loading times, glitches, and a frustrating endgame portion to see if I'm not crazy and it was actually a bit of a hidden gem.

Also this gif:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsUpd7 ... /giphy.gif
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5170 posts
1630 upvotes
Toronto
Game looks cool and I'd totally give it a try but it's unfortunately a Windows Store exclusive so I doubt it's ever hitting a price I'm willing to pay. Still waiting for a decent sale on Forza Horizon 3
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4754 posts
609 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 5:26 pm
Game looks cool and I'd totally give it a try but it's unfortunately a Windows Store exclusive so I doubt it's ever hitting a price I'm willing to pay. Still waiting for a decent sale on Forza Horizon 3
Well I think its 20$ currently and its been as cheap as 10$ in one of the seasonal sales IRRC.

I think 10$ is a totally fair price. Also if you have Gamepass I think its included in that now.
May 9, 2007
777 posts
199 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 5:51 pm
Well I think its 20$ currently and its been as cheap as 10$ in one of the seasonal sales IRRC.

I think 10$ is a totally fair price. Also if you have Gamepass I think its included in that now.
So the patch actually fixed the loading times? I remember reading that you had to wait up to a minute every time you died.

ReCore is definitely a game I am interested in, I just have too many games to play right now. The game was never on sale for $10. The cheapest it's ever been is $20. I'd definitely pick it up for $10 though. I'm also waiting for Quantum Break to go sub $20.

Also have some decisions to make on Rime and Sexy Brutale before the sale ends tonight. Heard good things about both games and got to check out both a bit on the PC. Both games are from Tequila Works.

Finished Little Nightmares after all the rave reviews. Fun game and similar to Inside but short and over priced for what it is.
May 9, 2007
777 posts
199 upvotes
Playing through Ryse: Son of Rome again on the Xbox One S. For some reason it doesn't feel as awesome as the first time I played it. I don't know if it's because I have already played it before or if it's because the first time I had played it on the PC. I think this game will look amazing on the X1X with 4K patch.

Also playing through Telltale Batman season 1. Game looks stunning on PC which I know is shocking to say for a telltale game. The game runs like absolute dogcrap on console though.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5170 posts
1630 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 10:30 pm
ReCore is definitely a game I am interested in, I just have too many games to play right now. The game was never on sale for $10. The cheapest it's ever been is $20. I'd definitely pick it up for $10 though. I'm also waiting for Quantum Break to go sub $20.
Ya I'm always down for checking out underrated games but with so many other good games to play right now, a game like ReCore has to drop to $5-10 for me to impulse buy and check it out.
Bryson wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 11:13 pm
Playing through Ryse: Son of Rome again on the Xbox One S. For some reason it doesn't feel as awesome as the first time I played it. I don't know if it's because I have already played it before or if it's because the first time I had played it on the PC. I think this game will look amazing on the X1X with 4K patch.

Also playing through Telltale Batman season 1. Game looks stunning on PC which I know is shocking to say for a telltale game. The game runs like absolute dogcrap on console though.
I never played it on X1 but Ryse looked incredible on PC. I had a weaker GPU at the time too and it was still awesome.

Tales from the Borderlands looked pretty awesome in 4K. I imagine Batman looks even better with it being more recent. How's the actual story and game?
May 9, 2007
777 posts
199 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 11:19 pm
Ya I'm always down for checking out underrated games but with so many other good games to play right now, a game like ReCore has to drop to $5-10 for me to impulse buy and check it out.

I never played it on X1 but Ryse looked incredible on PC. I had a weaker GPU at the time too and it was still awesome.

Tales from the Borderlands looked pretty awesome in 4K. I imagine Batman looks even better with it being more recent. How's the actual story and game?
Agreed Ryse looked amazing on PC.

I played through Tales from the Borderlands and thought it was really funny but not enough to make it past the first episode. Same for Walking Dead which i hear a lot of good things about. Batman is the first telltale game that I am really into! Already completed first 3 episodes. The game is really good and makes you feel like you are batman lol. Not only is it fun but beyond that, I don't know if the story is made up or if it's comes from the comics but without going into spoilers the backstory is kind of a twist for me. I highly recommend checking it out on PC. Another telltale game that I plan to get into after hearing good things about it is Wolf Among Us. First episode of Batman season 2 is out and I hear it's really good too.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4754 posts
609 upvotes
Little Nightmare is on my list of games I want to try but it was still stupidly expensive on sale during the last sale. Ive heard its a bit like Inside which I loved last year.

As for the telltale stuff, I loved the walking dead when it was released but Im so over that formula. I played through GoT, The Wolf among us, and a bit of Borderlands and despite being all from different worlds they all feel far to similar.
May 9, 2007
777 posts
199 upvotes
Oxenfree- I bought this game on sale because of all the rave reviews. It's a point and click adventure style game. At first I wasn't sure what to think but the story is unique, engaging and interesting that will keep you going for the 3 or so hours it takes to finish the game. It's also one of the free Games with Gold on Xbox this month so check it out.

Rime- Truly such a beautiful masterpiece. Honestly loved it from beginning to end. Short on the narrative but high on the atmosphere, adventure and discovery. A cross between Journey and Zelda. Highly recommended.

Recore: definitive edition - Decided to check out the trial. I love my Fiber Internet connection. Downloaded the 7.6gig demo in a matter of minutes. Unfortunately the 30 minute demo stopped the game in the middle of a cutscene lol. I wanted to keep going so I decided to activate my 14 day free Xbox Gamepass trial. The Definitive Edition really adds a ton of content. Feels like the game finally just got out of alpha in comparison. Game started off fun enough but honestly I feel like everything it does, graphics, loot, dungeon crawling, etc... has all been done better by other games namely Horizon Zero Dawn and Zelda for example. The graphics, jaggies and framerate are a little rough on the xbox. Maybe when I have more time to settle in I will enjoy it more. The price is right and you have cute robot pet companion which is always cool.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm LIS season 2 just came out. Getting mixed reviews so far. Might check it out this weekend.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5170 posts
1630 upvotes
Toronto
Been playing the SNES classic all weekend. Played SF2, Contra and Mario Kart with my buddies until like 2-3am on Friday night. Great times. Also cleared Super Punch Out in one sitting just like back in the day. Struggled a little with Narcis Prince and 1st Bruiser Brother but I somehow remembered patterns to beat the others easily enough.

It's such a nice little convenient package. Even though I've had these games on my PC and Wii forever, it's so much more appealing to play with these original controllers and easier get friends involved. Can't wait until the mod comes out so I can add some of my other multiplayer favorites like MK, NBA Hangtime, NHL94, Final Fight etc
Last edited by ReeGee on Oct 1st, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5872 posts
743 upvotes
Grimsby
I like it but I have some beefs:

- No reset button "hotkey". Select + AB would've been fine, what a weird oversight. Getting up to hit the reset button to do stuff is a little too much nostalgia haha
- Controller cord length is still too short, I had to get an extension cable
- Selection of games is acceptable but includes some dubious choices while ignoring some masterpieces. I guess this will always be subjective though.

It was a pretty acceptable launch. Definitely better than the total disaster that was the NES classic.

I'm going to open mine up tonight and start seeing about getting more games on there.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5170 posts
1630 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 9:48 am
I like it but I have some beefs:

- No reset button "hotkey". Select + AB would've been fine, what a weird oversight. Getting up to hit the reset button to do stuff is a little too much nostalgia haha
- Controller cord length is still too short, I had to get an extension cable
- Selection of games is acceptable but includes some dubious choices while ignoring some masterpieces. I guess this will always be subjective though.

It was a pretty acceptable launch. Definitely better than the total disaster that was the NES classic.

I'm going to open mine up tonight and start seeing about getting more games on there.
ABLR or Start+select+LR does a reset but it's inconsistent and goes back to the GUI in some games and resets the game in others. Not sure if it works for every title but I used it and it for sure works in Super Punch Out, Contra and Secret of Mana.

Which controller extensions did you get? I saved the $5 ones linked in the other thread in my cart for next time I order from amazon

Maybe you already know about this but here's a good sub for updates on mod https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmods/
Last edited by ReeGee on Oct 2nd, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5170 posts
1630 upvotes
Toronto
Played Secret of Mana for like 2-3 hours last night and got as far as getting the whole party and clearing the Witch's lair. I forgot how GOOD the combat is in that game and it's pretty deep for a game made in 1993. I'm really curious to see how the recently announced remake handles the combat. I'm having as much fun playing it as I did back in the 90s and this game really highlighted how much better SNES games hold up today compared to NES games which I honestly find kind of stale and boring.