• Nov 17th, 2017 12:40 pm
Tags:
None
May 9, 2007
792 posts
208 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 5:42 am
EA is closing down Visceral Games. Amy Hennig (Uncharted 1, 2 & 3 director and writer) will not get to finish that new Star Wars game as a result.

http://www.pcgamer.com/visceral-games-c ... wars-game/

https://www.ea.com/news/an-update-on-th ... rs-project
Are they really cancelling ANOTHER Star Wars game? Anyone remember Star Wars 1313? That game was looking dope.

Also feel bad for Amy Hennig. She's one of the best writers in the Biz. She also wrote The Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver series. Fantastic series.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5254 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 1:44 pm
Surprisingly there's not much coming out this year worth looking forward to. Looks like we are going to get bombarded with games at the beginning of 2018 again! Detroit Become Human, God of War, Spiderman, RDR 2 etc...

Currently playing through the Uncharted and The Last of Us remasters. Boy they sure are gorgeous.
Aside from Wolfenstein 2 there's nothing I'm really excited for for this year either which is fine with me because my backlog at this point could probably carry me into 2019 without adding more. I'm also in the middle of those Uncharted and TLOU remasters on PS4 though I did beat them before on PS3 so they've taken a back seat to the dozen games I'm playing for the first time. Kind of wish I didn't play them on PS3 first because they are significantly better on PS4, especially TLOU
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4787 posts
616 upvotes
calgary
First real Xb1x vs Ps4 pro face off is finally out and it looks like a big win for Xb1x. The biggest take away is that the extra ram they added to the Xb1x leads to a huge upgrade in the textures. It should be a pretty substantial upgrade from a base XB1

Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4883 posts
1725 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 8:33 pm
First real Xb1x vs Ps4 pro face off is finally out and it looks like a big win for Xb1x. The biggest take away is that the extra ram they added to the Xb1x leads to a huge upgrade in the textures. It should be a pretty substantial upgrade from a base XB1

MS is a marketing partner...wonder if that had anything to do with it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5926 posts
771 upvotes
Grimsby
Nintendo killed it last month on NPD, selling 2/3 of the total consoles. It's quickly becoming the second console of choice for many people. I wonder what this will do to Microsoft and Sonys mid-cycle plans.

Analysts are now saying it could be a 100M system based on its growth trajectory (flawed methodology but oh well).

I was skeptical but Nintendo really brought the software this time and what a difference it makes.

Also the new 4.00 firmware for the Switch is out, it adds support for video streaming for some games (WTF), USB wireless/wired headsets and an inch towards save backups in the form of system transfers.
Shadow of War stuff
That's pretty cool, I love min-maxing performance but man that console is pricey. Maybe if there's a good trade in at some point.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3185 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 8:33 pm

Nice... I can't wait to play this on my Xbox One X in two years when there's a good trade in deal Winking Face
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4787 posts
616 upvotes
calgary
9394 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 9:08 pm
MS is a marketing partner...wonder if that had anything to do with it.
I imagine that has something to do with it, Microsoft probably worked pretty closely with Monolith to make sure it took advantage of all the capabilities of the 1X out of the gate. I dont imagine we will see this sort of increase in texture resolution on every game unless its super easy to implement and the work has already been done on PC.

On a side note they are updating the Halo MCC with a 4K option for the 1X. I know that game's multiplayer still to this day has some problems (which they've also said they are going to attempt to improve) but as a collection of single player games I really did love revisiting those when that game launched and I look forward to playing them all again for the umpteenth time when that patch hits.
Redmask wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 6:07 am
Nintendo killed it last month on NPD, selling 2/3 of the total consoles. It's quickly becoming the second console of choice for many people. I wonder what this will do to Microsoft and Sonys mid-cycle plans.

Analysts are now saying it could be a 100M system based on its growth trajectory (flawed methodology but oh well).

I was skeptical but Nintendo really brought the software this time and what a difference it makes.

Also the new 4.00 firmware for the Switch is out, it adds support for video streaming for some games (WTF), USB wireless/wired headsets and an inch towards save backups in the form of system transfers.
That's pretty cool, I love min-maxing performance but man that console is pricey. Maybe if there's a good trade in at some point.
This is great,I love when Nintendo is succeeding in this industry and they have finally done it in a way that I personally think is great. I loved the concept of the hybrid when it was just an rumor. Not only did they nail that concept but they have brought the games to go along with it, its been an amazing first year for the console (or any console when you line up first year software lineups). My only big complaint is a lack of any virtual console support.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5254 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
What gaming headset you guys use? I somehow snapped the headband on my PS Gold headset that I got years ago on sale and need to replace them. Can't believe I paid $60 for those and they're like $120 nowAngry Face

Need something wireless compatible on PC and PS4. 7.1 would be nice but not nessecary, sound quality is more important to me
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1538 posts
671 upvotes
Hamilton
I've said this before but if they released MCC with Halo: Reach and Halo 5 for XB1X it would move consoles like crazy.

Also fix the damn bugs in the game, you've had three years MS.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5926 posts
771 upvotes
Grimsby
I have zero faith in them fixing MCC at this point and its a shame because its a great offering that they soured with poor support.

I had never played the Halo games before I got it and I really enjoyed them but the MP was a disaster.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16673 posts
375 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 11:36 am
What gaming headset you guys use? I somehow snapped the headband on my PS Gold headset that I got years ago on sale and need to replace them. Can't believe I paid $60 for those and they're like $120 nowAngry Face

Need something wireless compatible on PC and PS4. 7.1 would be nice but not nessecary, sound quality is more important to me
Budget? Which ps4 will you be using?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5254 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
Super strokey wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 12:32 pm
Budget? Which ps4 will you be using?
$100 if it's a "gaming" headset. $150-200 for high quality non game specific headset. Regular PS4 Slim. I might be willing to budge on the Wireless requirement if reviews are excellent. Leaning towards the HyperX Cloud 2 right now
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16673 posts
375 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 2:23 pm
$100 if it's a "gaming" headset. $150-200 for high quality non game specific headset. Regular PS4 Slim. I might be willing to budge on the Wireless requirement if reviews are excellent. Leaning towards the HyperX Cloud 2 right now
That's what I would suggest too. Loss of optical eliminated lots of more expensive ones.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4787 posts
616 upvotes
calgary
I've been using the Sony Golds for the past couple years and I'm pretty happy with them, they do seem pretty flimsy though Im surprised mine haven't broken yet.

As an aside it looks like OG Xbox games are finally dropping tommorrow with a nice little bonus, all games are going to run at a native 4k ish resolution on XB1X and 1080pish resolution on XB1X (I say ish because from the article it doesnt scale 1:1 so it runs just below 4K/1080P). I preferred my Xbox to PS2 back in the day but honestly a lot of the games I played hinged on xbox live (Halo 2, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorrow, Crimson Skies, Mech Assault) which won't be supported anymore but there is a few single player gems like KOTOR, Ninja Gaiden, Jade Empire, and Jet Set Radio future (the first two are on this list.

Play the first set of original Xbox games on the Xbox One tomorrow

Also sort of related is that a small list of Xbox 360 B/C titles are getting 4K support somehow on Xbox One X. I don't quite understand how that is possible without modifying the original code but I think this is really amazing support and a great little feature that goes well above and beyond the original promise of BC. These system level improvements though somewhat unnecessary are really cool and I hope more games get this kind of treatment.

Halo 3 and other Xbox 360 games are being enhanced for Xbox One X
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4883 posts
1725 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 6:49 pm
I've been using the Sony Golds for the past couple years and I'm pretty happy with them, they do seem pretty flimsy though Im surprised mine haven't broken yet.

As an aside it looks like OG Xbox games are finally dropping tommorrow with a nice little bonus, all games are going to run at a native 4k ish resolution on XB1X and 1080pish resolution on XB1X (I say ish because from the article it doesnt scale 1:1 so it runs just below 4K/1080P). I preferred my Xbox to PS2 back in the day but honestly a lot of the games I played hinged on xbox live (Halo 2, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorrow, Crimson Skies, Mech Assault) which won't be supported anymore but there is a few single player gems like KOTOR, Ninja Gaiden, Jade Empire, and Jet Set Radio future (the first two are on this list.

Play the first set of original Xbox games on the Xbox One tomorrow

Also sort of related is that a small list of Xbox 360 B/C titles are getting 4K support somehow on Xbox One X. I don't quite understand how that is possible without modifying the original code but I think this is really amazing support and a great little feature that goes well above and beyond the original promise of BC. These system level improvements though somewhat unnecessary are really cool and I hope more games get this kind of treatment.

Halo 3 and other Xbox 360 games are being enhanced for Xbox One X
Not sure how I feel about all this BC talk. I'd much rather play new current games on a new current system.