Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4889 posts
1728 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 7:56 am
New Sucker Punch game, nice. Last of Us II trailer is brutal in terms of the violence and vague, kinda confused but have faith in Naughty Dog.
I just bought Last of Us from the PSN store ($15)...it's alright...although I'm starting to find all Naughty Dog games essentially the same...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5930 posts
775 upvotes
Grimsby
They make story based action games with light cover elements sure but I find the experiences themselves differ a lot for me. Uncharted 1 I found quite tedious to be honest, barely made it through the game. Uncharted 2 was a much stronger game with a different flow to the combat and fantastic set pieces. Uncharted 3 again was a backstep to me, too much emphasis on wave combat and story tropes. Last of Us was an incredible story and characters, the gunplay wasn't my favorite but it was pretty decent. Last of Us was very much a "whats the big deal?" thing then at the end I got it, its one of those sum of its parts games.

Uncharted 4 I feel like they really hit their stride, everything flows and plays very well, story is good, etc. I'm very interested to see how Last of Us II turns out.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5265 posts
1704 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 9:01 am
Last of Us was an incredible story and characters, the gunplay wasn't my favorite but it was pretty decent. Last of Us was very much a "whats the big deal?" thing then at the end I got it, its one of those sum of its parts games.
I enjoyed parts of it but it never clicked with me the way it seems to have for other people. I found the story tropey and the gameplay decent but unremarkable. I didn't really start to enjoy it until the last third of the game which didn't last long. It was completely devoid of those jaw dropping "wow" moments that make Uncharted so cool but I guess it was never going for that in the first place.
Aug 24, 2011
773 posts
429 upvotes
London
TLOU is one of the greatest games I've ever played. The story, characters, gameplay, atmosphere coupled with one of the most interesting take on multiplayer. Can't wait for the sequel as I truly get excited for anything released by ND team.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5543 posts
1241 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 2:33 pm
There's an absolutely incredible plot development about 6-7 hours into Wolfenstein 2 that's the kind of thing people will be talking about for years. Be careful watching videos or reading discussions online if you don't want it spoiled. At this point this game blows DOOM out of the water for me because the story and setting and I'm a much bigger fan of the brutal realistic violence compared to DOOM's cartoony violence.
I've read great things about the new Wolfenstein 2. Do you recommend getting New Order and Old Blood? I see the two pack is available for about $45.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5265 posts
1704 upvotes
Toronto
BluePhirePB wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 12:03 pm
I've read great things about the new Wolfenstein 2. Do you recommend getting New Order and Old Blood? I see the two pack is available for about $45.
The New order and The Old Blood are amazing but they're 2-3 years old now and $45 is way too much at this point. You just missed the console version in hot deals for $25 and it goes even cheaper on PC if that's an option for you
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5543 posts
1241 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 12:11 pm
The New order and The Old Blood are amazing but they're 2-3 years old now and $45 is way too much at this point. You just missed the console version in hot deals for $25 and it goes even cheaper on PC if that's an option for you
NOOO!!! Guess I'll wait until it drops again.

EDIT: Woot, it's on sale for $25 at Best Buy!

EDIT 2: Dammit, sold out everywhere!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5970 posts
1272 upvotes
The PS4 has shipped 67.5 million consoles to date.
It seems the PS4 will be right on the heels of PS3 and XBox 360 lifetime sales by the end of March while doing so in significantly less time than either of the last gen systems.
Sony expects to sell 19 million units between now and the end of March 2018.

The Nintendo Switch is expected to sell 17 million units by the end of its first year due to severe supply constraints.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/30/165 ... s-forecast

Microsoft as a company is doing very well despite XBox One sales lagging. As a company Microsoft is doing better than anytime in its history.
Stock prices for Microsoft are at an all-time high this year.

Microsoft's other divisions have propelled the company's value behind only Apple and Google (Alphabet).
Microsoft's overall earnings (operating income after Revenue minus Expenses) company-wide for the quarter are 6.6 billion vs Sony's 1 billion.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Investo ... .jErWxxjA)()

source:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... &t=1456842
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/playsta ... -worldwide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_b ... e_consoles
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3186 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 4:56 pm

I played through TNO with both choices and will probably do the same here. You get to choose again at the start of this game during the recap at the beginning. I went with Wyatt for first playthrough again in this game
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 6:07 pm
The old dude lol
My first playthrough of TNO (which I didn't finish) was done saving Fergus, since I figured he'd be better in a long, drawn out guerilla war. But the second playthrough that I did finish, I chose Wyatt, whose storyline actually introduces a really cool side character to the story.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4889 posts
1728 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 9:25 pm
The PS4 has shipped 67.5 million consoles to date.
It seems the PS4 will be right on the heels of PS3 and XBox 360 lifetime sales by the end of March while doing so in significantly less time than either of the last gen systems.
Sony expects to sell 19 million units between now and the end of March 2018.

The Nintendo Switch is expected to sell 17 million units by the end of its first year due to severe supply constraints.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/30/165 ... s-forecast

Microsoft as a company is doing very well despite XBox One sales lagging. As a company Microsoft is doing better than anytime in its history.
Stock prices for Microsoft are at an all-time high this year.

Microsoft's other divisions have propelled the company's value behind only Apple and Google (Alphabet).
Microsoft's overall earnings (operating income after Revenue minus Expenses) company-wide for the quarter are 6.6 billion vs Sony's 1 billion.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Investo ... .jErWxxjA)()

source:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... &t=1456842
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/playsta ... -worldwide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_b ... e_consoles
Wow...that's crazy to think the PS4 has sold 70million consoles...I also didn't realize the PS2 sold 155. Insane!
Jan 29, 2013
651 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
Talamasca wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 10:58 pm
I've been playing Assassin's Creed Origins since Saturday and it's pretty awesome so far. The depiction of Ancient Egypt is stunning.
I started this last night, fun so far.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10152 posts
702 upvotes
Mississauga
Interesting sales figures, Microsoft's numbers in particular. How and why did the sales jump up so dramatically from the original Xbox to the 360, but then plummet again for the One?

Damn, the PS2 was a stunning success.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5930 posts
775 upvotes
Grimsby
You could write a novel about all of the mistakes they with the Xbox One. Frankly its surprising its doing as well it is and a testament to the brand loyalty they established with the Xbox 360. If that was a startup they would be totally dead in the water.

The launch had disastrous messaging, a bad price, forced Kinect, poor aesthetics/size relative to competition and unimpressive software. They've made strides since then, backwards compatibility being the biggest one and they are certainly better at PR now but to me they still haven't addressed the software issues. Exclusive output continues to dwindle due to cancelled projects and closed studios, what few remain are getting into potential franchise fatigue territory. I buy my consoles based on exclusives so for me especially this is a deal breaker, I won't be getting a One X or etc until they prove they are re-investing in that area.

Their sales should pick up though with PUBG, depending on how the rest of the holiday season goes. It will be interesting to see if they can stay ahead of Nintendo who has an insane growth trajectory right now. I think them catching Sony this generation is a lost cause.
Last edited by Redmask on Nov 1st, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 9, 2007
797 posts
213 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 10:51 am
Interesting sales figures, Microsoft's numbers in particular. How and why did the sales jump up so dramatically from the original Xbox to the 360, but then plummet again for the One?

Damn, the PS2 was a stunning success.
Easy... simple answer is Xbox 360 had better games, better hardware and was cheaper. Fast forward to PS4 vs Xbox One... PS4 has better games, better hardware and is cheaper. Despite the PS3s terrible start which many predicted was going to bankrupt Sony, it still managed to sell as many units as the 360.

PS2 was a beast but Gamecube doesn't get a enough love. My favorite console of that generation. Soooo many good games!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5265 posts
1704 upvotes
Toronto
Talamasca wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 10:51 am
The 360 came out at the right time with a lot to offer and was incredible value when it was new. It was the first console to introduce HD graphics, seamless online play and graphical performance that could rival high end PCs at the time. I was mostly a PC gamer up to that point, last console I owned was N64 but me and everyone I played with on PC made the jump to 360 because having a $500 box that could run a game like Oblivion as well as a $1000 PC was too good to pass up. The problem was they dragged it out for way too long, all of us went back to PC around 2012 and when the announced the X1 in 2013 it wasn't offering much to draw us in the way the 360 did. A few us ended up going with a PS4 later on because of the way better exclusives.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)