None
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4844 posts
651 upvotes
calgary
Bryson wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:26 am
What game are you talking about in your first three paragraphs Spicy?
Oops, Wolfenstien 2.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5347 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:03 am
I played the first mission and the beginning of the second mission of Wolfenstien 2 on Xbox One X/4K TV last night.

That game feels like a generational leap over the first one, I imagine that the game just improved quite a bit graphically combined with it being in 4K/60 where as the first one was well below that. I cant believe how lifelike and realistic everything looked. Between seeing this and battlefront in 4K, I really can't see games producing much better visuals than this, we are at the point where everything just looks like CGI.

Also that game really goes some places in the first 30 minutes or so, it's already leaning into several different controversial topics, given the setting of that game I really wonder how far they take this stuff and hopefully it can send a pretty good message instead of just being there for the sake of being there.
Wait until you get to some of the more detailed and open area missions, they look even more ridiculous. The story gets so insane and over the top too. There's a part half way through that was easily the most entertaining 30 minutes or so of any game I've played this year and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. You'll know when you get there. I have no idea how this game has developed a reputation as being somehow worse than TNO.
Nov 14, 2017
48 posts
17 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 11:15 am
Wait until you get to some of the more detailed and open area missions, they look even more ridiculous. The story gets so insane and over the top too. There's a part half way through that was easily the most entertaining 30 minutes or so of any game I've played this year and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. You'll know when you get there. I have no idea how this game has developed a reputation as being somehow worse than TNO.
Is that a thing? I wasn't aware.

I played TNO a few days before TNC, for the first time. It was fine, I definitely pushed myself to finish it as a lot of it was very oldschool.

TNC didn't take any push at all to finish, it was a blast all the way through. I felt like it improved in every way compared to TNO.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5347 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
LinkPersona wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 1:13 pm
Is that a thing? I wasn't aware.

I played TNO a few days before TNC, for the first time. It was fine, I definitely pushed myself to finish it as a lot of it was very oldschool.

TNC didn't take any push at all to finish, it was a blast all the way through. I felt like it improved in every way compared to TNO.
It's a very common sentiment I've seen brought up in threads on /r/wolfenstein, /r/games and /r/gamedeals. The most common complaints seem to be it's too short, story is worse, and maps are worse. About the only common thing I agree with is that there's a lack of memorable boss battles but other than that TNC is better in every way imo
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6036 posts
821 upvotes
Grimsby
Played a ton of AC:O last night, game continues to impress me. The hippodrome racing is actually a really brutal and amusing minigame. I have yet to find a sidequest without a lot of flavor, in fact many are written in Witcher 3 style. Kudos to Ubisoft for really learning from other studios. The game world has a lot of secrets, the map design reminds me a lot of BOTW. The phylakes are so much fun too, its a really cool game mechanic to have souped up enemies hunting you while you're trying to do other stuff, particularly if you go with minimal HUD and get really immersed in what you're doing.

On the X in HDR the game is truly breathtaking at times on my OLED. I've been messing around with the photo mode a lot but I haven't figured out how to get the pictures out yet.

Just got shipping notice from Amazon Prime for Xenoblade so hopefully it arrives tomorrow, I'll post some impressions if so.
It's a very common sentiment I've seen brought up in threads on /r/wolfenstein, /r/games and /r/gamedeals.
Yep, I've seen the same thing on reddit a lot.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4844 posts
651 upvotes
calgary
Well I've only ever heard that TNC is better in every way.

The only complaint I've heard is that they didn't do much to improve the moment to moment gameplay which would be a bit disappointing if that holds true. Speaking strictly gameplay the first one was fairly mediocre IMO.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5347 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 1:38 pm
Well I've only ever heard that TNC is better in every way.

The only complaint I've heard is that they didn't do much to improve the moment to moment gameplay which would be a bit disappointing if that holds true. Speaking strictly gameplay the first one was fairly mediocre IMO.
You sure you've heard it's better from anywhere else other than just me on here lol?

I think between the improved stealth, mixed dual wielding, prevalence of heavy weapons and overall increased brutality makes the gameplay lot more exciting than TNO. I also seem to be in a minority that thinks the story of TNC was far more entertaining.
Jan 3, 2017
202 posts
154 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 6:21 pm

What'd everyone get as a black friday haul?
Rise of the Tombraider, Resident Evil 7, Quantam Break, Evil Within 2, Shadow of War, State of Decay year 1, Dishonered 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, Witcher 3 and even tho it wasn't on sale Total War: Warhammer 2 because I love the series.

Out of the games I bought I'll probably play 1 or 2 and the others will collect dust for a while. I still have Zelda BOTW, Horizon zero dawn , Xcom 2, Far Cry Primeval that I bought and haven't started yet. ( Except Zelda)

My issue is I collect them and dont' play them, I seem to forget that getting older, 3 kids and a wife doesn't leave as much free time anymore
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4844 posts
651 upvotes
calgary
fryguy1987 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 4:55 pm
Rise of the Tombraider, Resident Evil 7, Quantam Break, Evil Within 2, Shadow of War, State of Decay year 1, Dishonered 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, Witcher 3 and even tho it wasn't on sale Total War: Warhammer 2 because I love the series.

Out of the games I bought I'll probably play 1 or 2 and the others will collect dust for a while. I still have Zelda BOTW, Horizon zero dawn , Xcom 2, Far Cry Primeval that I bought and haven't started yet. ( Except Zelda)

My issue is I collect them and dont' play them, I seem to forget that getting older, 3 kids and a wife doesn't leave as much free time anymore
I'm in the exact same boat, the trick is not to buy anything I don't think I'll have time to play and beat before the next sale.

Also unless Im really bored and its a struggle just to play the game I generally refuse to move onto a seperate game unless I've beat another game (multiplayer titles are excluded from this).

For example there were about 5 or 6 games I wanted to buy in the last sale and I really only ended up buying one because I knew Id likely only have time to beat a couple before the next big sale rolls around.
May 9, 2007
848 posts
224 upvotes
PUBG confirmed 60fps on X1X

https://wccftech.com/playerunknown-xbox ... 0fps-xb1x/
Definitely on Xbox One X, 60FPS. On Xbox One, we’re not sure. We may have to limit it at 30FPS, maybe, but the last time I saw it, it was running at about 30 to 40. We’re still constantly improving it so, you know, the aim is to get to 60. That’s why we’re doing Game Preview, because I think the great thing about console is it’s a locked hardware system, so we can do really specific tweaks that tune it for those systems.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6052 posts
1320 upvotes
PUBG is locked to 30 frames per second across all XBox platforms at launch which is bad for an online multiplayer shooter.

This might be because it would give XBox One X owners a significant advantage over 30 fps XBox One players if they
could get the XBox One X version to run at a locked 60 fps.

Most online shooters are at least 60 frames per second on current gen consoles, except for GTA5 Online, Destiny, Ghost Recon, and The Division.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pubg-t ... ices.9070/
Bryson wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 7:16 pm
PUBG confirmed 60fps on X1X

https://wccftech.com/playerunknown-xbox ... 0fps-xb1x/
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6036 posts
821 upvotes
Grimsby
Interesting. I was kind of wondering how they would handle this on consoles, particularly when the base SKU owners vastly outnumber the people with premium systems.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6052 posts
1320 upvotes
Watchmojo's top 10 games of 2017:

1.) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2.) Player Unknown's Battlegrounds
3.) Persona 5
4.) Super Mario Odyssey
5.) Divinity: Original Sin 2
6.) NieR Automata
7.) Horizon: Zero Dawn
8.) Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
9.) Cuphead
10.) Resident Evil VII: Biohazard

Honorable mentions (outside of the top 10): Nioh, Injustice 2, Sonic Mania, Total War: Warhammer 2, Destiny 2.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6052 posts
1320 upvotes
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has an 84 average on both opencritic and metacritic right now:
http://opencritic.com/game/4952/xenoblade-chronicles-2
http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/x ... ronicles-2

That is the same score Xenoblade Chronicles X averaged but well below the 92 Xenoblade Chronicles received.

I am still waiting for Amazon Prime to ship my pre-order for that one.

Easy Allies gave it a 4 out of 5 stars.

From what I have seen of it thus far: Xenoblade Chronicles 2's art direction goes for a mix of disproportionate chibi-anime (short proportioned)
art style compared to the other two Xenoblade Chronicles games.

As a result, some of the characters look inconsistent and out of place compared to the rest of the denizens of the world IMO.

Nov 14, 2017
48 posts
17 upvotes
Put two hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Friday, and sold it on Kijiji Saturday.

I didn't have fun with it. The voice acting of the main character is extremely obnoxious - I've never complained about voice acting before. The combat feels slow, waiting for timings and auto attacks in order to do the fun skills. The story was slightly interesting, but I just have no attachment to the characters, and they go way out on the fan service for some of the girls.