• Dec 10th, 2017 5:39 pm
Tags:
None
May 9, 2007
846 posts
223 upvotes
9394 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:38 am
I have this on pre-order for $50...excited to play it after liking Heavy Rain.

As long as you can separate a video game vs. reality - some adults can even do that and some children can.
One of the few games that I'm really looking forward to. Then again I wasn't really looking forward to much this year and we got bombarded with a ton of great games but yes I loved Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls so can't wait to play this one!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5335 posts
1737 upvotes
Toronto
Heavy Rain was great, that was the reason I bought my PS3 but Beyond Two Souls was terrible and I never finished it. I'm cautiously optimistic about Detroit.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6038 posts
1319 upvotes
The Game Awards 2017 today is said to have 13 new World Premier game reveals.

The Game Awards 2017 Live stream Thursday December 7th in 4K on YouTube. The show begins at 8:30 PM ET / 5:30 PM PT:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-ga ... rds.10027/

Streams:
https://www.youtube.com/thegameawards
twitch.tv/thegameawards
http://thegameawards.com/how-to-watch/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-ga ... st-1789791

One of them is rumored to be the next Tomb Raider game and at least 1 Nintendo project.
Noble

Confirmed:
- PUBG (Bluehole)
- Sea of Thieves (Rare/MS)
- Metro Exodus (4A/Deep Silver)
- A Way Out (Hazelight/EA)
- Fortnite (People Can Fly/Epic)
- Something from THQ Nordic
- Owlchemy Labs VR game

Heavily hinted/rumoured:
- Something from Nintendo (>1 project)
- Death Stranding
- DmC V
- SC6

Other rumours/possibilities: DS remaster, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, BotW DLC, Smash, etc.

I personally think Destiny 2 is going to be there with some "Season 2" preview.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Dec 7th, 2017 12:34 am, edited 8 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6038 posts
1319 upvotes
The Playstation Experience 2017 Presentation Livestream is December 8th at 11:00PM Eastern, or 8PM Pacific time.

It will probably be lower profile than previous years since Sony already revealed most of their big releases and trailers at E3 and Paris Games Week.
It is rumored that Devil May Cry 5's trailer (console exclusive) is being held back for E3 2018 instead.

Streams:
http://live.playstation.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStation

On another note:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps4-sa ... r-2m.9979/

Sony has sold 70.6 million PS4 units as of December 3rd, 2017. PS VR has sold over 2 million units total.
Compared to the last official sales release on November 1st, that means 3.1 million consoles were sold since then.

http://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release ... 71207.html
SAN MATEO, Calif., December 7, 2017 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced new sales milestones for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system, PlayStation®VR (PS VR) virtual reality system, and PS4 and PS VR games.

PS4 has cumulatively sold through more than 70.6M units to consumers worldwide as of December 3, 2017*1.
More than 617.8 million copies*2 of PS4 games have been sold at retail stores globally and through digital downloads on PlayStation®Store as of December 3, 2017.
Based on strong momentum of PS4, PS VR cumulatively sold through more than 2M units to consumers worldwide as of December 3, 2017*1.
150 titles have been released for PS VR*3, achieving more than 12.2 million copies sold at retail stores globally and through digital downloads on PlayStation Store as of December 3, 2017.
Also Mega Man 11 was announced earlier this week by Capcom. Hence making the awful Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter completely pointless.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Dec 7th, 2017 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6022 posts
811 upvotes
Grimsby
Expectations are so low after Might No 9 that MM11 will probably be very well received.

Kudos to Sony, they are killing it this gen with the exclusives and marketing, definitely reflected in the sales. I think sheer momentum makes them impossible for Microsoft to catch at this stage unless they do something drastic with price on the S.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4948 posts
1764 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:29 am
Expectations are so low after Might No 9 that MM11 will probably be very well received.

Kudos to Sony, they are killing it this gen with the exclusives and marketing, definitely reflected in the sales. I think sheer momentum makes them impossible for Microsoft to catch at this stage unless they do something drastic with price on the S.
MS will not catch up unless they start giving away free consoles.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6022 posts
811 upvotes
Grimsby
I mean its possible, the PS3 eventually got pretty close to the 360 despite the 360 having a wide lead early on. But I think between Sony and Nintendo competing for disposable income with them it will be tough.
May 9, 2007
846 posts
223 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:15 pm
I mean its possible, the PS3 eventually got pretty close to the 360 despite the 360 having a wide lead early on. But I think between Sony and Nintendo competing for disposable income with them it will be tough.
Won't happen. Major props for the PS3 catching up to Xbox 360 in sales depsite being more expensive and coming out one year later but they did it on the strength of their exclusives, something that the Xbox does not have. Unless people bought the PS3 as a cheap bluray player, which the xbox one has a 4k bluray player while the PS4 does not this generation.

Sony just announced $50us price cut on the PS4 Pro and $100us on PSVR. Also expect MS to undercut the base PS4 with the xbox one s like they did for blackfriday.

Pretty funny.
May 9, 2007
846 posts
223 upvotes
Nier Automata won best score at The Game Awards. Deserving winner.

Something new from From Software was teased with next to no details. Looks like it could be Bloodborne 2.

What Remains of Edith Finch won Best Narrative. Great choice.

Campo Santo's new game In The Valley of the Gods announced for 2019, but is PC-only at the moment.

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus won Best Action Game.

Cuphead won Best Art Direction. Easy choice. Also won Best Indie Game.

Carol Shaw, creator of River Raid, received the Industry Icon Award as one of the first female designers in the industry.

SoulCalibur VI was announced for 2018 on PS4.

The first season for Star Wars Battlefront 2 was shown, which is free for everyone.

Fortnite's Battle Royale mode has a new 50v50 mode coming to it tonight for a limited time.

May 9, 2007
846 posts
223 upvotes
Nintendo killing it at the game awards...

Mario Rabbids won best strategy game.
Zelda BOTW DLC 2 available TONIGHT!
Bayonetta being ported to Switch, also Bayonetta 3 being developed exclusively for Switch!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5335 posts
1737 upvotes
Toronto
idk what it is but I just can't get into From Software games and its annoying to me how they get a free pass for recycling more or less the same formula 5 times since 2009 while other developers get heat for doing the same thing
May 9, 2007
846 posts
223 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:40 pm
idk what it is but I just can't get into From Software games and its annoying to me how they get a free pass for recycling more or less the same formula 5 times since 2009 while other developers get heat for doing the same thing
It's a formula that works very well though. I'm glad that they called it BloodBorne instead of Dark Souls 3 or else I never would have tried it. I'm sure that was their intent as many were getting Souls fatigue. Ended up being one of the best games I ever played.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5335 posts
1737 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:04 pm
It's a formula that works very well though. I'm glad that they called it BloodBorne instead of Dark Souls 3 or else I never would have tried it. I'm sure that was their intent as many were getting Souls fatigue. Ended up being one of the best games I ever played.
and then they ended up releasing Dark Souls 3 not long after anyways lol. don't get me wrong I'm not saying they're bad games because obviously a lot of people like them, I even enjoyed Demon Souls a lot at the time, but I think they are incredibly overrated at this point
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6038 posts
1319 upvotes
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild wins the 2017 game of the year at The Game Awards.

Complete with Orchestra and a Jazz Singer for Super Mario Odyssey:

Full list of Winners and Awards:
https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/7/16748 ... e-tga-2017

Bayonetta 3, 1 & 2 were also announced for the Nintendo Switch:

If you count console exclusives, that image is also missing a lot of other ones like
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Tales of Berseria, Yakuza Kiwami, Everybody's Golf, remasters, and a lot of other games developed by Japanese developers etc.
Bryson wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:44 pm
Won't happen. Major props for the PS3 catching up to Xbox 360 in sales depsite being more expensive and coming out one year later but they did it on the strength of their exclusives, something that the Xbox does not have. Unless people bought the PS3 as a cheap bluray player, which the xbox one has a 4k bluray player while the PS4 does not this generation.

Sony just announced $50us price cut on the PS4 Pro and $100us on PSVR. Also expect MS to undercut the base PS4 with the xbox one s like they did for blackfriday.

Pretty funny.

The combat system in Bloodborne is a lot different than Dark Souls.

In Bloodborne you can recover health by successfully attacking the enemy shortly after you take damage, you
always have a gun in your off hand to parry or stagger enemies, and there are advanced dash moves instead of simply rolling.

Those additions and new abilities changes the dynamics of combat by encouraging aggressive offense, instead of having to retreat to heal or use a healing spell.

ReeGee wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:40 pm
Last edited by XFactor11 on Dec 8th, 2017 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4832 posts
648 upvotes
calgary
The videogame awards sure have come a long way in a short period of time. That was a full blown and well done production. Im not a huge fan of awards shows but having something like this puts this medium in a different spotlight. Just a few years ago it was that embarrassment with Joel Machale.

I didnt watch much of it but I did manage to tune in when that producer from that EA game went on stage and blasted EA and the Oscars which was pretty amazing.