• Sep 18th, 2018 12:02 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1718 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
I finally completed Persona 5! Clocked in with the "true ending" at about 75 hours.

I can't remember the last time I spent 75 hours on a game in the span of two months. There is something addicting about this game.

This was my first Persona game (though I played Trauma Centre and Catherine from Atlus). I don't know if I can return to playing other JRPG series such as Final Fantasy.

The gameplay is excellent. The narrative is great, though I felt the story started to drag towards the end.

Maybe, it's just me but I feel the characters would have played out better if they were college age rather than high schoolers. There is some suspension of disbelief when you have the option to romance adult characters in their 30s. It is hard to take a character such as Goro Aketchi seriously as a high school student. His demeanour is that of a person in his mid-20s or older.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1099 posts
286 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 5:25 pm
The Witcher 2, Crackdown, Fable Anniversary, and Forza Horizon all got 4K patchs today.

I must have received 3 of those for free at some point as I seem to have them all except Fable and I don't remember purchasing any of them.

I don't know about everyone else but I think these system level BC 4K patches are really awesome.
WOW OMG OMG OMG! I had to stop playing The Witcher 2 because of how ugly it was on the 360. I am jumping back on that tonight! Forza Horizon now looks better than it's sequel and damn near almost as good as FH3! Meanwhile Nintendo is getting applauded for releasing slightly enhanced wii u ports on the switch for full priced $80 while Microsoft is enhancing older games that make them look better than Remasters all for FREE!! All of these games were also all free with GWG at one point so it's possible most of you already own these games!

Crackdown enhanced on Xbox One X

Link to Resetera thread with more screenshots:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/micros ... ame.26228/
Jul 12, 2016
330 posts
179 upvotes
hmm i'm the type of person who cannot play a part 3 before playing part 1 of the game. For exemple: Assassin's creed. I started gaming when AC3 came out back in 2012 and i remember how people used to hype that game and that temptation made me buy it. Before playing it, i downloaded all of the other AC games so that i could play it in order and follow the history because every AC games are somewhat related. Right now, i'm playing AC origins which isn't as good as AC syndicate but it's just a must do to finish every AC games
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6112 posts
2217 upvotes
Toronto
OliviaAlgoz wrote:
Mar 6th, 2018 10:08 am
Right now, i'm playing AC origins which isn't as good as AC syndicate but it's just a must do to finish every AC games
Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

some next level willpower you got there but realistically the only AC games anyone needs to play are AC2, Black Flag and Origins. The rest of the series can be safely passed on
Jul 12, 2016
330 posts
179 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Mar 6th, 2018 10:56 am
Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

some next level willpower you got there but realistically the only AC games anyone needs to play are AC2, Black Flag and Origins. The rest of the series can be safely passed on
ahah ikr. Black Flag is probably the best AC game ever made. AC2 has the best story but i would replace Origins by AC brotherhood. Origins is a nice game but i feel like it's different from every other AC games. My Favorite game is Splinter cell because it's the one of the stealthiest games in the world and the reason why i don't like Origins is because it switched to stealth action game to the action RPG. This changes the game's franchise completely.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6612 posts
1610 upvotes
Sony refuses to publish adult themed game: Super Seducer for PS4 probably in light of the #metoo movement.
It remains exclusive to Steam. Super Seducer was originally planned to release simultaneously on Steam and PS4 on March 6th.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/7/17091 ... ducer-game

Videogame Dunkey plays through some of Super Seducer

Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6112 posts
2217 upvotes
Toronto
Playing a lot of Forza Horizon 3 lately. Definitely the best arcade racing game I've played since NFSU2. The Hot Wheels expansion is bonkers. I'll be playing this game for a long time probably. Great game for taking a break in between "serious" games

Started Infamous Second Son as well and it's pretty good. Very tight controls and slick action. I'm not a bit fan of the collectathon crap spread out all over the map but I'm ignoring it for the most part and sticking the the missions which are well done
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5032 posts
729 upvotes
calgary
Sea of Thieves Open Beta

Sea of Thieves is having an open beta this weekend on PC and Xbox. I know a lot of people are still wondering exactly this game is so here is your chance to try it.

If you jump in I recommend Matchmaking with randoms or with freinds on a larger ship, they purposely give you no direction on mechanics so it's a lot easier and much more enjoyable figuring out how everything works with a group.

If there is enough interest, I can start a new thread. Like I said mechanics are vague and there is lots of cool things to talk about. I've been playing on and off for the better part of a whole year so I'm quite familiar with how everything works.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6112 posts
2217 upvotes
Toronto
smh these open betas and free weekends always seem to happen on weekends when I actually have plans rather than the many weekends I'm at home sitting on my ass doing nothing. I'll try and check it out for a couple hours at least because I do want to see what this game is all about
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5271 posts
2207 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 10:49 am
Sea of Thieves Open Beta

Sea of Thieves is having an open beta this weekend on PC and Xbox. I know a lot of people are still wondering exactly this game is so here is your chance to try it.

If you jump in I recommend Matchmaking with randoms or with freinds on a larger ship, they purposely give you no direction on mechanics so it's a lot easier and much more enjoyable figuring out how everything works with a group.

If there is enough interest, I can start a new thread. Like I said mechanics are vague and there is lots of cool things to talk about. I've been playing on and off for the better part of a whole year so I'm quite familiar with how everything works.
The few times that I tried it, I didn't like it. It was with randoms and it felt really boring - sail the seas, find treasure, get back on the boat, sell the treasure, get back on the boat, find more treasure, etc...

I'm sure there's more to the game, but I going to be cancelling my PO - I see the price is back up to $79.

I have a very small window to game and PUBG has been taking up most of that time.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5032 posts
729 upvotes
calgary
9394 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 12:18 pm
The few times that I tried it, I didn't like it. It was with randoms and it felt really boring - sail the seas, find treasure, get back on the boat, sell the treasure, get back on the boat, find more treasure, etc...

I'm sure there's more to the game, but I going to be cancelling my PO - I see the price is back up to $79.
Nope, honestly that's pretty much it. I'd guess its probably just not a game for you.
They've thrown in some other types of "quests" in the recent insider that I think are going to be there at launch but honestly the treasure hunting is my favorite. I'm not sure which version of the beta you were playing but there were three different types of quests in the latest pioneer build. Treasure hunting, Skeleton hunting, and animal hunting.

I really love the treasure hunting aspects of the game, its like an orienteering game and the game is so pretty and relaxing to play, there are a bunch of emergence systems in the world that keep things interesting, other ships, skeleton forts, krakens that keep things interesting in between.
Aug 20, 2009
6601 posts
1257 upvotes
Grimsby
I will try to check out the open beta with an open mind but based on everything I've seen, Sea of Thieves looks very shallow and forgettable. None of the systems seem to have any real depth. I think it will sell well simply due to lack of other exclusives on Xbox at the moment.

I'm more interested in what original IP they announce at E3. They really need to blow the doors off the barn this year. I don't care about Halo 6 or FH4, I really want to see at least 3 original IP.
Apr 10, 2012
854 posts
368 upvotes
Can someone give me the coles note on Fortnite? I tried playing it a couple of times on Xbox and just don't seem to feel the craze everyone has about the game.

I was with a squad, we jumped off the ship, and we ran around for a while. Found some stuff, then hung around some deserted building. I got shot from some random corner without knowing where it was coming from and game over. I felt like I spent more time waiting/running than anything. Is there more to this that I'm not doing / seeing?