Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3243 posts
1101 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 8:58 am
BF1 was solid but had no longevity. I thought map design was pretty weak too. There's just something about the gun mechanics in that game that aren't super fun.

The BF V beta was a big letdown too, its the first BF title I will probably skip entirely. Perhaps I'm just tired of the BF formula though.
I'm done with the BF franchise as well. The lack of dedicated servers and fragmented player base has meant each game dies off quickly. Wake me up when the re-make Bad Company 2 or 2412.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7024 posts
3288 upvotes
Toronto
unshavenyak wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 11:12 am
Is it worth going back to FH3 if you already have FH4? I have a Game Pass and due to time constraints, I haven't even opened FH3. I will agree with you that FH4 is amazing. It's the first racing game to make me want to buy a racing wheel since Forza Motorsports 4.
I would say yes, especially for the Hot Wheels DLC but I generally wouldn't recommend buying a wheel for Forza. Wheel support is tacked on and feels awful as this series is a gamepad arcade racer at its core. If you want to race with a wheel there are far better games for that.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3243 posts
1101 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 11:36 am
I would say yes, especially for the Hot Wheels DLC but I generally wouldn't recommend buying a wheel for Forza. Wheel support is tacked on and feels awful as this series is a gamepad arcade racer at its core. If you want to race with a wheel there are far better games for that.
That's a shame about the wheel support. I guess I have to get into FM7 or Assetto Corsa if I want to do wheel racing.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7024 posts
3288 upvotes
Toronto
unshavenyak wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 11:41 am
That's a shame about the wheel support. I guess I have to get into FM7 or Assetto Corsa if I want to do wheel racing.
It's just as bad in FM7 according to a couple of my friends who refunded it shortly after release. I tried it myself FM6 Apex and it was awful. Assetto Corsa, DIRT Rally and Project Cars are where it's at if you want good wheel racing.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5167 posts
868 upvotes
calgary
unshavenyak wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 11:12 am
Is it worth going back to FH3 if you already have FH4? I have a Game Pass and due to time constraints, I haven't even opened FH3. I will agree with you that FH4 is amazing. It's the first racing game to make me want to buy a racing wheel since Forza Motorsports 4.
I'd say no, unless you have some personal desire to drive around Australia.

FH4 is the same formula as FH3 but such a massive improvement across the board. Gameplay, Graphics, Presentation, Progression, The Map/track design.
I honestly don't know what they did to it, they took the existing formula and sprinkled some crack on it lol.

I don't typically enjoy racing games and well I enjoyed FH3 enough I bounced off it fairly quickly, FH4 on the other hand is incredibly addicting. I can't put it down.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7024 posts
3288 upvotes
Toronto
Spent the last couple weeks finishing up BOTW and finally finished it at 96 hours with about 75 shrines completed. It's insane that I spent that much time on this game and that I could probably get another 10-20 hours out of clearing those additional shrines and side quests but I'm completely satisfied with what I got out of it at this point. I dumped the save game to an SD card so perhaps when CEMU gets even better I'll finish up the rest of the shrines and give the DLC a spin that way.

Even though the WiiU wasn't the most popular around here, I'm very happy with the amount of hours and enjoyment I got out of games like BOTW, Bayonetta 2, MK8, SM3DW, XCX, Smash, NES Remix and a few other party games. It was totally worth the $250 I paid back in 2013 considering I'm still playing and enjoying it in 2018. I still have a few levels of Tropical Freeze and Captain Toad left to play before I retire it.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2242 posts
297 upvotes
The Wii U certainly won't go down as my favorite console, and it because less relevant by the day with all the Switch ports, but I had a good time with it. XCX is probably my favorite game on the platform (I got BotW on Switch), but I had a great time with Smash, MK8D, Tokuo Mirage Sessions, Pikmin 3, MH3U, and Hyrule Warriors.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1162 posts
319 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 7:25 pm
Sony is skipping E3 2019 entirely.
That will make E3 a lot less eventful but it also leads to speculation that the PS5 will not be out until 2020.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playst ... her.81233/

Rumors are Microsoft will release a disc-less version of XBox One in 2019.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/report ... 019.81404/
Why would that imply that PS5 won't be out until 2020? Wouldn't the opposite be true? Maybe Sony wants to announce their new console at their own event, although strangely PSX was also cancelled this year. That would lead me to believe that Sony is ramping down their games for this gen and we already know what they are. No point in showing the same game trailers again. They already have like 10 games in the pipeline for PS5 but before they can present them they need to announce the launch of the PS5. Were the PS4 and Xbox One announced at E3 or at their own event? I forget.
Nov 24, 2016
185 posts
132 upvotes
I need some help with some very basic stuff. I've been out of the loop for a very long time, but I'd like to shut my mind off for a couple of weeks over the holidays and do nothing but play video games. The last time I touched a console was in 2014 or 2015. I can't remember. But the last game I played was The Last of Us. I'm trying to decide if I should go with a PS4 (I was always a Play Station guy) or an XBOX. Can someone please tell me which console has had the lead since 2015 in terms of games and the console itself? XBOX had that "always on" nonsense from what I remember. Is that still a thing?

I won't have time to play games once the holidays are over. I love single player games that I can finish in a short period of time, but I'm not against multiplayer (it's just the lack of time thing).

Thanks guys.
Sep 6, 2009
272 posts
22 upvotes
GTA - West End
MashGhasem wrote:
Nov 18th, 2018 11:28 pm
I need some help with some very basic stuff. I've been out of the loop for a very long time, but I'd like to shut my mind off for a couple of weeks over the holidays and do nothing but play video games. The last time I touched a console was in 2014 or 2015. I can't remember. But the last game I played was The Last of Us. I'm trying to decide if I should go with a PS4 (I was always a Play Station guy) or an XBOX. Can someone please tell me which console has had the lead since 2015 in terms of games and the console itself? XBOX had that "always on" nonsense from what I remember. Is that still a thing?

I won't have time to play games once the holidays are over. I love single player games that I can finish in a short period of time, but I'm not against multiplayer (it's just the lack of time thing).

Thanks guys.
Get the PS4. Not only do they have a lot more exclusives, but many of them can be considered GOTY quality. Check out the black friday deals, new Spiderman PS4 bundle will be on sale for $260
Aug 20, 2009
7131 posts
1833 upvotes
Grimsby
MashGhasem wrote:

Thanks guys.
While Microsoft has reversed course on its many poor decisions at the beginning of this generation, they haven't really ever caught up unfortunately. This is especially noticeable with the lack of first party exclusives. They've made a bunch of investments in first party studios recently but none of that is realistically going to matter until next generation as games take 2-3 years to make.

On the other side of things Sony has consistently shipped high quality first party titles and many of them are singleplayer. They also have the sales lead by more than a 2:1 margin so they tend to get a lot of marketing deals and exclusive content for third party stuff. Going by your stated taste, I suggest getting a PS4.
Jan 26, 2008
725 posts
52 upvotes
Scarborough
PS4 for sure. God of War and Witcher 3 are the games to play imo
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7024 posts
3288 upvotes
Toronto
MashGhasem wrote:
Get the PS4 and start with Uncharted 4 if you're looking for a short and sweet experience. Lost Legacy and Ratchet and Clank are excellent short games as well. PS4 definitely has the better games overall but most of the other good ones I can think of are probably way longer than you have time for over a single holiday.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1636 posts
1153 upvotes
Windsor
XFactor11 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 7:25 pm
Sony is skipping E3 2019 entirely.
That will make E3 a lot less eventful but it also leads to speculation that the PS5 will not be out until 2020.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playst ... her.81233/

Rumors are Microsoft will release a disc-less version of XBox One in 2019.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/report ... 019.81404/
Nope that means PS5 will be released either FALL 2019( announce in a early 2019 conference like PS4) or Early 2020( announce in PSX 2019)