• Mar 15th, 2017 8:01 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 15, 2010
281 posts
38 upvotes

Console Trade In?

Hi

I missed the trade in offer from Microsoft back in September. I have an Xbox 360 Elite 120 and wanted to get an Xbox One S.
Do you guys think any sort of trade in promotion will come up?
BestBuy has a perpetual offer it seems but my working unit+2 controllers is only worth $22....

Thanks
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4361 posts
1154 upvotes
Don't throw away free money. Trade in before you upgrade.
To get started, simply bring your laptop, tablet, phone or games to your local Microsoft retail store and check out our competitive trade-in program. If your device or game has value, we’ll provide you with a Microsoft retail store credit so you can trade up to the latest device or hottest game titles.* If it doesn’t have value, we will wipe it of all data and safely recycle it for you. It's fast, easy, and free of charge.

Popular game trade-ins:
• Call of Duty: Ghosts
• Madden NFL 25
• Lego Marvel Super Heroes
• Grand Theft Auto V

Top device and gaming console trade-ins:
• Apple® iPads and iPhone devices
• Android® tablets and phones
• Desktops, laptops, and tablets including Dell, HP, and Lenovo

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/locations/recycle
[OP]
Oct 15, 2010
281 posts
38 upvotes
9394 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 8:46 pm
Don't throw away free money. Trade in before you upgrade.
To get started, simply bring your laptop, tablet, phone or games to your local Microsoft retail store and check out our competitive trade-in program. If your device or game has value, we’ll provide you with a Microsoft retail store credit so you can trade up to the latest device or hottest game titles.* If it doesn’t have value, we will wipe it of all data and safely recycle it for you. It's fast, easy, and free of charge.

Popular game trade-ins:
• Madden NFL 25
• Grand Theft Auto V

Top device and gaming console trade-ins:
• Apple® iPads and iPhone devices
• Android® tablets and phones
• Desktops, laptops, and tablets including Dell, HP, and Lenovo

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/locations/recycle
I will check how much they offer but its not an actual promotion like they had back in September.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10250 posts
497 upvotes
I don't think you will see any promos as they probably don't want any 360's.

I suspect if there is a promo, it will come for an upgrade of the Xbox One Slim (or original) to the Scorpio.
[OP]
Oct 15, 2010
281 posts
38 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:16 am
I don't think you will see any promos as they probably don't want any 360's.

I suspect if there is a promo, it will come for an upgrade of the Xbox One Slim (or original) to the Scorpio.
Thanks. That is what it seems like unfortunately.
I don't have time to list my system for private sale either... I don't have a lot of games to entice buyers either
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10250 posts
497 upvotes
element0 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:25 am
I don't have time to list my system for private sale either... I don't have a lot of games to entice buyers either
You never know so you could just hang onto to it if you aren't willing to attempt a private sale, its only a few months until Scorpio.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2842 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
9394 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 8:46 pm

Popular game trade-ins:
• Madden NFL 25
• Grand Theft Auto V
I guess they haven't updated their copy in like 2 years...
PSN: M̶1̶G̶O̶m̶i̶g̶s̶ | XBox Live: M1GO
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
[OP]
Oct 15, 2010
281 posts
38 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 10:56 am
You never know so you could just hang onto to it if you aren't willing to attempt a private sale, its only a few months until Scorpio.
I know that I wont be getting a Scorpio, since I don't game enough to warrant that. But yeah, I can hold on for a bit.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1376 posts
307 upvotes
element0 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 2:52 pm
Hi

I missed the trade in offer from Microsoft back in September. I have an Xbox 360 Elite 120 and wanted to get an Xbox One S.
Do you guys think any sort of trade in promotion will come up?
BestBuy has a perpetual offer it seems but my working unit+2 controllers is only worth $22....

Thanks
Not really sure what you're expecting for an Xbox 360. Microsoft Store used to give $100, but that was 2+ years ago. Nothing close to that since.

You can regularly find Xbox One S as low as $300 with a game or two. You could wait for the Scorpio, but I can't see that being lower than $500 CAD
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7649 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
element0 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:25 am
It's taken you more time to post your posts in this thread than it will to post it for sale haha
[OP]
Oct 15, 2010
281 posts
38 upvotes
signore wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 2:14 pm
Not really sure what you're expecting for an Xbox 360. Microsoft Store used to give $100, but that was 2+ years ago. Nothing close to that since.

You can regularly find Xbox One S as low as $300 with a game or two. You could wait for the Scorpio, but I can't see that being lower than $500 CAD
I would be happy with $50-75. Turns out MS does not offer any trade value for that currently.
[OP]
Oct 15, 2010
281 posts
38 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 1:15 pm
It's taken you more time to post your posts in this thread than it will to post it for sale haha
Posting it is not the issue. Entertaining lowballers and the fact that im not home most of the time prevents me from privately selling.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel