Home & Garden

Constantly hearing water dripping from Chimney and its surrounding area inside the house

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2016 4:07 pm
Jul 31, 2016
22 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto ON

Constantly hearing water dripping from Chimney and its surrounding area inside the house

So here's the situation:
I got called up by a customer that she said she constantly hear water dripping her attic. So she worried that her house may have a leak. So I came over for fix the shingles around her chimney and soil-and-vent pipe as well as THE MOST IMPORTANTLY the pipe that links to house owner's hot water boiling machine(don't know what it's called). During the whole repair process. I don't find water trace neither under the shingles nor in her attic.

So after fixing all the problem we thought it could be, the customer will hearing the dripping sound. Plus she found leak in her basement. (Only in her basement. All ceiling in her house are doing ok. At least there are no water trace). The water leaks out in the spot which is the joint between her hot water machine and the pipe all the way to her roof.

I don't think simply fixing the pipe will be a solution. If anyone experienced this before. What could it be the cause of such case. And any solution for this?

Thank you so much
2 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32135 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Dude, your in the wrong business, you should be able to handle problems related to your field of work instead of asking RFD repeatedly to solve them for you.
In this case it sounds like the draft is insufficient on the water tank, perhaps its an orphaned water tank?
However it could be many things, diagnosing these problems without seeing the place is a bad idea because there could be many causes one of us could see in a minute if we were at this client's house, which is what i mean that you need to know how to do your ob instead of expecting us to solve all your problems.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Nov 25, 2016
193 posts
170 upvotes
agree, you may be in the wrong business! these days it's infuriating that when I called a professional to inspect a problem and 9 times out of 10 they have no idea what's happening.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)