Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Consult with me your Wordpress issues.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2016 10:58 am
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
781 upvotes
Any theme that shows full post content on front page and not just the excerpts? Maybe like tumblr style but full content, no need for read more button.

Thanks!!
May 14, 2012
473 posts
149 upvotes
MARKHAM
Mugen123 wrote: I currently have a portfolio setup on blogspot, which i linked to from my domain name. Thinking about moving it to wordpress. My question is, is it possible for me to build this site offline and then upload it when i'm ready? Will there be complications?
It's possible, but you will need to do some editing of the database prior or after the migration.
BuyWebHosting.ca
BigNames Domain Registration
Sep 30, 2014
86 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
elmatic0ne wrote: Instead of writing custom codes and messing with the core files do you know of any plugins that will allow external api's to be consumed within wordpress/woocommerce? I have a webstore that provides products (uploaded by me), quotes, checkout and user accounts plus a design studio but provided template is uninspiring. This company did provide their api to access but the rest is left up to me. I'm just getting familiar with api calls and there's a huge learning curve to overcome but was curious to know if there was an easier way.

I did give the wordpress codex a quick look but at this time means nothing to me :(

Even direction to some walkthroughs would be appreciated....

Thanks in advance
I am sorry mate, usually there will be no plugin available for API. It depends on what type of API you are using. Mostly, API provides the documentation or tutorial which will clearly give, how to pull data, edit, display on the web page etc.
Let me know if you need further any kind of help about wp.
Thanks
Sep 30, 2014
86 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mugen123 wrote: I currently have a portfolio setup on blogspot, which i linked to from my domain name. Thinking about moving it to wordpress. My question is, is it possible for me to build this site offline and then upload it when i'm ready? Will there be complications?
Yes, it is possible you can develop the complete site using Xamp or Wamp environment on your PC. On the project completion, you can upload the directory and the database to your web hosting server. As DirectHostingCanada said, after uploading the database on your hosting server you would need to replace previous domain/site url to current site url. Its not a big deal you can easily find tutorials about it. its 5mins job only.
Sep 30, 2014
86 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TheRed wrote: Any theme that shows full post content on front page and not just the excerpts? Maybe like tumblr style but full content, no need for read more button.

Thanks!!
I am not sure i can post links or not. Here are the theme names you can find in wp theme directory:
1. Blaskan
2. Cols
3. kelly
Or you can disable excerpts on homepage by using this plugin "Easy Custom Auto Excerpt". Also, I can send you a code snippet for disabling excerpt in your current theme. just let me know the theme name or your site url.
Thanks
Sep 30, 2014
86 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
meanstreetjd wrote: Any suggestions for wordpress templates that are fast and free (don't mind paying for a good template if worth it) for food brand websites.

Something like this:
http://www.chattys.ca/home/

Also looking for wordpress template for charity/advocacy group that are fast and free (don't mind paying for a good template if worth it)
Wp Theme Names:
1. dyad
2. Canape
Thanks
Feb 9, 2008
712 posts
80 upvotes
web300 wrote:
meanstreetjd wrote: Any suggestions for wordpress templates that are fast and free (don't mind paying for a good template if worth it) for food brand websites.

Something like this:

Also looking for wordpress template for charity/advocacy group that are fast and free (don't mind paying for a good template if worth it)
Wp Theme Names:
1. dyad
2. Canape
Thanks
Thanks for the suggestions, I will pass them on to my friend.

How about some templates for charity/advocacy groups?
I still use Winamp to play downloaded mp3 files
Sep 30, 2014
86 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
meanstreetjd wrote:
web300 wrote:

Something like this:

Wp Theme Names:
1. dyad
2. Canape
Thanks
Thanks for the suggestions, I will pass them on to my friend.

How about some templates for charity/advocacy groups?
For Charity:
1. X theme by themeco (paid)
2. Enfold Church theme (paid)

For advocacy:
1. Legal (free)
2.Avis lite (free)
3.wp Advocate (free)

All above themes are super fast and UX ready.
Sorry for the late response I am not much more active here nowadays.
Feb 16, 2010
911 posts
804 upvotes
Toronto
web300 wrote: Hello folks,
Feel free and let me know your wp issues i'll try my best to help you.
Do you know which Real Estate Listings (MLS) Wordpress plugins work with TREB?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)