Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Clearly Contacts] The Contact Lens COUPONS Thread (Coastal Contacts/Clearly Contacts+more)

Oct 13, 2005
145 posts
8 upvotes
I just used the coupon code: 3GLASSES

Gives you 30% off All Frames, 40% off all Lens and Free Shipping (over $99).

Use it quick, as this sale was supposed to end last Sunday (the 15th) but is still active on the site right now.
Rogers Line: Unlimited Canada-wide Calls | 3GB Data | CID, VVM, Unlimited SMS/MMS
Total: $59 + Tax
Feb 16, 2010
67 posts
a total noob here... please helppppp

1. so to get the best deal, do i need to CALL clearly contacts to price match with another website and they will lower the price by 5%? what about shipping and other fees? (Where can i find the best deal on other website?)

2. I have dry eyes and astigmatism (-1.0 & -1.5). I have been using biofinity toric (monthly) but it's not very comfortable, so I went to get a contact lens fitting: tried on Focus Dailies toric and Acuvue Oasys toric (which is more comfortable than focus dailies but still feel dry)... The optician said she won't try anymore lens on me cuz they will feel the same...Is that true or she just doesn't want to order more trial lenses? Anyone has any suggestions for contact lens comfortable for dry eyes w/ astigmatism?

Thankssss!!!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2682 posts
398 upvotes
Aurora, ON
sgirl119 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2012 4:03 am
...I have dry eyes and astigmatism
I started wearing contacts many years ago, at the time I was told I shouldn't even try since I have dry eye. Over the years I have tried many lenses ..the ones I wear now, and are quite comfortable (I only wear them 10 hours a day thou), are Proclear Compatibles. Maybe your lense fitter would let you try them..or better yet, find a new fitter.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2007
3772 posts
1067 upvotes
nyxeus wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2012 5:50 pm
Vision Direct charges $9.99 shipping + $1.99 handling fee to Canada ($11.98) and it's on their web site under shipping. Clearly doesn't charge shipping for orders over $99 but they will add the $11.98 after the PMed price. I just paid $141.99 for 8 boxes of Acuvue Oasys yesterday.

clearlycontacts.ca $233.91 CAD
visiondirect.com $150.59 USD ---> $25.99 x 8 - $23 (volume discount) x 25% off + $9.99 (shipping) + $1.99 (handling)
Current XE Rate

visiondirect.com $149.46 CAD
PM Eligible TRUE
5% Off Competitor $7.47 CAD
Total Difference $91.92 CAD
Adjusted Total $141.99 CAD
sgirl119 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2012 4:03 am
a total noob here... please helppppp

1. so to get the best deal, do i need to CALL clearly contacts to price match with another website and they will lower the price by 5%? what about shipping and other fees? (Where can i find the best deal on other website?)

2. I have dry eyes and astigmatism (-1.0 & -1.5). I have been using biofinity toric (monthly) but it's not very comfortable, so I went to get a contact lens fitting: tried on Focus Dailies toric and Acuvue Oasys toric (which is more comfortable than focus dailies but still feel dry)... The optician said she won't try anymore lens on me cuz they will feel the same...Is that true or she just doesn't want to order more trial lenses? Anyone has any suggestions for contact lens comfortable for dry eyes w/ astigmatism?

Thankssss!!!!!

You need to call clearly contacts and tell the associate the company you want to PM against (they are very familiar with Vision Direct) and they will give you VD's price + 5% difference. I placed an order not long ago and you could use it as a reference to see how clearly contacts come up with the PMed price. :)
Feb 16, 2010
67 posts
jackie999 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2012 10:13 am
I started wearing contacts many years ago, at the time I was told I shouldn't even try since I have dry eye. Over the years I have tried many lenses ..the ones I wear now, and are quite comfortable (I only wear them 10 hours a day thou), are Proclear Compatibles. Maybe your lense fitter would let you try them..or better yet, find a new fitter.

Thanks! i did suggest proclear...she said it's an old brand...and for people with high astigmatism...

finding a new fitter means another $90 bucks @___@
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
3463 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Whats the cheapest canadian based store? I need a couple boxes today as my supply ran out and I don't even have any for the day. I want to PM walmart, but they wont accept coastal contacts or those sites since they're US based, and I don't believe Clearly Contacts regular price is much cheaper.

Or is there an actual local store in scarborough / pickering where I can pick them up for a decent price?
Sep 4, 2009
56 posts
10 upvotes
Are there still rebates available for Acuvue lenses? Last year I got one. Local providers seem to still be offering them, but why can't I find anything online? Everything I find is for US residents only.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6773 posts
270 upvotes
Ottawa
Just PM against contactsexpress.ca and used the $10 off CXNEW coupon. Since it's a Canadian site it was a very simple and easy to do the PM. I love Clearly Contacts.
May 2, 2011
199 posts
32 upvotes
nyxeus wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2012 2:52 pm
You need to call clearly contacts and tell the associate the company you want to PM against (they are very familiar with Vision Direct) and they will give you VD's price + 5% difference. I placed an order not long ago and you could use it as a reference to see how clearly contacts come up with the PMed price. :)
Is the difference refunded directly on the credit card or as store credit?
Aug 1, 2012
521 posts
40 upvotes
Mississauga
nimor107 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 6:26 pm
Is the difference refunded directly on the credit card or as store credit?
No difference refund, the order is initially placed on full price but the card will be charged only the final price after PM.

Just placed my first order with them, did a huge saving... initial order value was $188 which came down to $83 after PM for 4 boxes of Soflens 66.
Thanks a ton guys... came to know about it only after reading here.
Jan 4, 2007
231 posts
32 upvotes
Purchased 4 boxes Acuvue Oasys and 4 Acuvue Oasys with astigmatism and PMed with visions direct. Original price was $369 and the new price is $189!!!
For the fitting I went to costco and they charge $25. If you decide to but contacts from them they apply that $25 as credit to the purchase.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
1269 posts
243 upvotes
discogen wrote:
Jun 1st, 2012 12:30 pm
Are there still rebates available for Acuvue lenses? Last year I got one. Local providers seem to still be offering them, but why can't I find anything online? Everything I find is for US residents only.
You Google wrong. Search "ciba vision rebate canada" and you'll get:

https://www.mycibavisionreward.com/Reba ... 2CANBLPOOE

Hmm. It says rebate doesn't apply for Costco or on-line retailers. Never noticed that last year.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
2404 posts
112 upvotes
do u have to call in to get a pm or just post a link, like lot of sites these days.
====================================
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
1269 posts
243 upvotes
ludhi wrote:
Aug 15th, 2012 11:34 pm
do u have to call in to get a pm or just post a link, like lot of sites these days.
You must call. Even live chat rep can't do it. They do have consistently the nicest reps. I've dealt with them 5 or 6 times and all of them were very pleasant to deal with.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
2750 posts
153 upvotes
Glad I didn't just blindly reorder from Clearly Contacts again before seeing this thread. I would have only for the whole free shipping but paying a handling fee thing there, which irked me. Definitely will save a fair amount of money, thanks OP and others who contributed. Now I just have to see which site is the best to price match against.
× < >