Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Locked: [Contact.net] Double Infinite Contact *unlimited 25Mbps $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2015 2:31 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2005
1123 posts
20 upvotes
GTA
ContactISP.

I just signed up for this plan. When will the contact.net webmail be activated?
Also, the two emails sent to me after signing (order summary/confirmation), they don't tell me whether I order dryloop or wet loop. It would be nice to have that info in the confirmation.
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
nookuwn wrote: ContactISP.

I just signed up for this plan. When will the contact.net webmail be activated?
Also, the two emails sent to me after signing (order summary/confirmation), they don't tell me whether I order dryloop or wet loop. It would be nice to have that info in the confirmation.
Dry loop is the only option, so you either selected dry loop during registration or selected that dry loop would not be required. Webmail is activated as soon as service is installed. Hope this helps!
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2005
1123 posts
20 upvotes
GTA
ContactISP wrote: Dry loop is the only option, so you either selected dry loop during registration or selected that dry loop would not be required. Webmail is activated as soon as service is installed. Hope this helps!
Ya it was a simple option, just that sometime you want double check if you did it right. Simple as it sounds, things do go wrong, so its nice to have it as a record.
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
nookuwn wrote: Ya it was a simple option, just that sometime you want double check if you did it right. Simple as it sounds, things do go wrong, so its nice to have it as a record.
You're right, and normally dry loop does show up on the confirmation e-mail if indeed you did order it. I would be happy to confirm this for you. If you PM me your username I can take a look at the details of the order. Thanks for the feedback!
Jan 24, 2008
292 posts
134 upvotes
Scarborough
What is the name field when trying to access the webmail?
Is it the email account that you signed up or the user name or username@contact.net.
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
rulerman wrote: What is the name field when trying to access the webmail?
Is it the email account that you signed up or the user name or username@contact.net.
Yes, this is how you access the account. You may have to drop the @contact.net and simply use the username on it's own. Hope this helps!
Jan 24, 2008
292 posts
134 upvotes
Scarborough
I just want to share my experience with Contact.net. I got installation date on June 17(so is just first day). The Bell technician came at 8.30(the schedule was between 8-12). It took him 10 minutes to check the lines(I was having bell fibe before). The CONTACT modem came later in the day(and it should have been here 48H before) but I was able to use the bell SmartHub modem with CONTACT credentials so it was OK but I guess I would have been a little bit pissed off if I didn't have that modem. When the modem came I just plugged in and everything is fine. One thing about the log in into modem to change my SSID and password is that your login from contact.net doesn't work so I used admin/config. The speeds seems to be the advertised one 25 down/10 up on speedtest, only 11 down on testmy.net - I will check more later. First time in 10 years with Bell/Rogers internet and no TV(just 24 channels from antenna)!!!!!
Also ContactISP has answer all my questions on Twitter and here - thank you!
May 13, 2014
20 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got the service installed on Friday and am getting only 2.5 mbps out of the 25 mbps that I had signed up for. I had called tech support on the weekend and was told to wait 48 hours, I just did a follow up on the issue and have to wait another 48 hours. Tech support is great but I'm not getting what I signed up for.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
What's up with Quebec IP address???!
Tried to buy a lottery and I was not allowed as from what I can tell, online lotteries are not allowed there and these sites block any IP's

Anyway to get a Toronto IP address or perhaps at least an Ontario IP address?
Dec 5, 2007
163 posts
36 upvotes
Hi Guys,

I am very much disappointed with Contact.net.. I have sent PM to ContactISP for the invoices, Contactisp replied back that i will be receiving the the invoices in my email contact.net , its almost 15 days,, no sight of the bills,, I have never seen a company not issuing an invoice for a services.. how can they take my money from my account without letting me know.I know they wont take more,, but still i need invoices mailed to contact.net webmail or some where,,,
I dont know you guys are you all seeing the bills in your email, or i am the only one who is having an issue,,,??
Jul 28, 2014
31 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON
daregiri wrote: Hi Guys,

I am very much disappointed with Contact.net.. I have sent PM to ContactISP for the invoices, Contactisp replied back that i will be receiving the the invoices in my email contact.net , its almost 15 days,, no sight of the bills,, I have never seen a company not issuing an invoice for a services.. how can they take my money from my account without letting me know.I know they wont take more,, but still i need invoices mailed to contact.net webmail or some where,,,
I dont know you guys are you all seeing the bills in your email, or i am the only one who is having an issue,,,??
Same problem here - no invoices or bills. An email from sales@contact.net asked me to call their 1-877-305-4155 number to get the invoices. It sounds strange - an email tells to call helpdesk to ask for an email.
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
abyrvalg wrote: Same problem here - no invoices or bills. An email from sales@contact.net asked me to call their 1-877-305-4155 number to get the invoices. It sounds strange - an email tells to call helpdesk to ask for an email.
daregiri wrote: Hi Guys,

Sales@contact.net primarily handles sales inquiries and start-up support for new clients. They do not have admin authority to view billing information. The 1-877 # puts you in touch directly with our billing department. If you don't wish to contact them yourself then you can PM me your username and I can reach out to them for you. We are just trying to distinguish between support forums so that sales@contact doesn't end up handling call center (tech support/billing) issues too consistently as this is not their function. Hope this helps clear things up!!
Jul 28, 2014
31 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ContactISP wrote: Sales@contact.net primarily handles sales inquiries and start-up support for new clients. They do not have admin authority to view billing information. The 1-877 # puts you in touch directly with our billing department. If you don't wish to contact them yourself then you can PM me your username and I can reach out to them for you. We are just trying to distinguish between support forums so that sales@contact doesn't end up handling call center (tech support/billing) issues too consistently as this is not their function. Hope this helps clear things up!!
99% of the times I called 1-877-305-4155 number I got to an answering machine. If sales@contact.net email address answers only on sales requests (makes sense), then there should be another email address for billing issues. Unfortunately sales@contact.net is the only email address that I was able to find..
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
abyrvalg wrote: 99% of the times I called 1-877-305-4155 number I got to an answering machine. If sales@contact.net email address answers only on sales requests (makes sense), then there should be another email address for billing issues. Unfortunately sales@contact.net is the only email address that I was able to find..
You can try leaving a message at the phone number provided including contact details and someone should get back to you. However as I stated, if you would prefer, I can call billing on your behalf.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1206 posts
360 upvotes
TORONTO
Hi ContactISP, my installation date is June 23 and I did not receive my modem yet. Do I expect to receive the modem this Friday and the tech will show up to my house on Monday? My Rogers usage already reached 95% and I only have a few GB top go. How can I find out my appointment still good to go? Please let me know. Thanks.
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
HappyValley1 wrote: Hi ContactISP, my installation date is June 23 and I did not receive my modem yet. Do I expect to receive the modem this Friday and the tech will show up to my house on Monday? My Rogers usage already reached 95% and I only have a few GB top go. How can I find out my appointment still good to go? Please let me know. Thanks.
PM me your username and I can look into this for you. Thanks!
Jan 24, 2008
292 posts
134 upvotes
Scarborough
Are we suppose to leave the login into modem as the email address and password the same as the one that we used when we setup login account online? Can we change it? Is it going to make the connection not work?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2003
1250 posts
214 upvotes
Waterloo
Same here, I have been with Contact.net since Early May, never received a single bill, but they did take payment.
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
juched wrote: Same here, I have been with Contact.net since Early May, never received a single bill, but they did take payment.
**** Hey everyone, I just wanted to update you in regards to our issues with sending out monthly invoices. It has been brought to my attention that not everyone was receiving them. This seems to have been a glitch which we were able to repair yesterday and going forward everyone will be receiving monthly Webmail invoices. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! ****
Dec 3, 2003
25 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
Almost same as my experience. My installation was scheduled on Jun. 17 8-12 am. Bell tech came in at 8:30. It took him 20 mins to do the work and tested the speed . It is 25m/10m as advertised. Modem came in in the afternoon. I plugged it in and everything works fine so far. I sent several messages to ContactIP earlier and I got response very fast every time. Thanks.

The only thing is they only sent out the modem half day before my installation date after I asked them. Not like they promised the modem should arrive 48 hrs before the installation date. Otherwise, the change was smooth enough.