Locked: [Contact.net] Double Infinite Contact *unlimited 25Mbps $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2015 2:31 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3465 posts
881 upvotes
Ottawa
Total flop by contact.net yesterday. I referred a friend to contact, she signed up on April 25 with a May 5th 5pm -9pm install date/time. End of the day on May 5th rolls around and no modem, no call or no tech in sight. She then received a call from her friend who said the tech came to their place. The tech went to the billing address instead of the install address. Apparently the tech was kind of pissed and said the install is cancelled and now needs to be rescheduled by her. I actually feel really embarrassed referring contact.net to her. I gave her a fair warning something might happen but not to the extent of this. She called tech support many times but to no availability. I feel pretty lucky receiving my modem the day of and the tech coming within the time slot. Sending you a PM ContactISP
Dec 25, 2013
108 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Hi ContactISP, what's the solution for our location showing as Montreal? Can you not query all clients who's address is Toronto and fix it? or do we have to individually call in/ PM you?
Thanks.
Dec 21, 2006
181 posts
66 upvotes
Hi ContactISP, I ordered the SmartRG 505N on 2014-04-21 and it still has not arrived. The install date of 5/16/2014 is coming. I want to make sure it is here for installation.
Oct 20, 2010
9 posts
Toronto
I am interested in ordering the Contact VOIP. I am new to VOIP. For the order I want to port my current Bell POTS landline number, so I guess that Contact will actually cancel my Bell service for me to be able to port the number over, and I believe Bell needs 30 day notice. I have also ordered the Double Infinity Contact Plus with Dry Loop, and am trying to coordinate the installation of the dry loop with the landline to VOIP change. Anybody have any info on the 2 ATA devices, Basic ATA and Zhone Combo ATA, or is there a recommended other ATA VOIP adapter that I should buy? Also, once the ATA is installed and set up, would I be able to use my traditional phones in the 3 RG11 phone jacks throughout the house? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1641 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
Would anyone shows us step-by-step how to port the number from Bell POTS to VoIP without having to loose the existing number in process considering Bell requires 30 notice? Thanks in advance.
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
pylon wrote:
May 6th, 2014 11:39 pm
Hi ContactISP, I ordered the SmartRG 505N on 2014-04-21 and it still has not arrived. The install date of 5/16/2014 is coming. I want to make sure it is here for installation.
It should be there before the installation date. Thanks
Oct 26, 2007
14 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Hi Mr. ContactISP

Any news for me?

It has been 7 days already, we still cannot reschedule the installation date for me?

Please give me some information, so I can know that somebody is taking care of this.

Thanks a lot.

John
2014/05/07
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
shadow_cruiser wrote:
May 6th, 2014 9:49 pm
Total flop by contact.net yesterday. I referred a friend to contact, she signed up on April 25 with a May 5th 5pm -9pm install date/time. End of the day on May 5th rolls around and no modem, no call or no tech in sight. She then received a call from her friend who said the tech came to their place. The tech went to the billing address instead of the install address. Apparently the tech was kind of pissed and said the install is cancelled and now needs to be rescheduled by her. I actually feel really embarrassed referring contact.net to her. I gave her a fair warning something might happen but not to the extent of this. She called tech support many times but to no availability. I feel pretty lucky receiving my modem the day of and the tech coming within the time slot. Sending you a PM ContactISP
I would be happy to look into this for you but I never received a PM. I would need some account details to confirm the status. Thanks!
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
oaklet wrote:
May 7th, 2014 12:00 pm
Hi Mr. ContactISP

Any news for me?

It has been 7 days already, we still cannot reschedule the installation date for me?

Please give me some information, so I can know that somebody is taking care of this.

Thanks a lot.

John
2014/05/07
Sent a PM John
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2002
1039 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Dear ContactISP. I helped my mom order a service on April 24th for install on May 8 (afternoon). I've sent you more info via PM.
Could you please let me know if the install is happening for tomorrow? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1611 upvotes
North York
there is no process just put in the port in request to contact and they port in the number thus giving bell your cancellation/30 day notice.

albundy99999999 wrote:
May 7th, 2014 8:25 am
Would anyone shows us step-by-step how to port the number from Bell POTS to VoIP without having to loose the existing number in process considering Bell requires 30 notice? Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3286 posts
1147 upvotes
Toronto
infamouskid wrote:
May 7th, 2014 3:36 pm
there is no process just put in the port in request to contact and they port in the number thus giving bell your cancellation/30 day notice.
what's the average time it takes from the port request to the number successfully ported?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1167 posts
263 upvotes
Had my install about 2 hours ago. So far everything is great running very fast 10MB upload and 23MB download bell installer was kind of useless but thats not contact.nets fault. If things stay like this I will be a very happy customer even if there is a minor price increase at the end of Dec. Hopefully everyone else who signed up gets these speeds as I am very very happy with the end product even though there was a bit of running around with the install date.
Hopefully contactisp stays active on this site as it did make figuring out a few things quite easy as he/she was very helpful when I had questions
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3286 posts
1147 upvotes
Toronto
M-_-C wrote:
May 7th, 2014 7:31 pm
Had my install about 2 hours ago. So far everything is great running very fast 10MB upload and 23MB download bell installer was kind of useless but thats not contact.nets fault. If things stay like this I will be a very happy customer even if there is a minor price increase at the end of Dec. Hopefully everyone else who signed up gets these speeds as I am very very happy with the end product even though there was a bit of running around with the install date.
Hopefully contactisp stays active on this site as it did make figuring out a few things quite easy as he/she was very helpful when I had questions
IIRC contactisp's name is Trevor :) , from another contact.net thread in the computer section. Or maybe it's a shared account, not sure.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1167 posts
263 upvotes
Troy_McClure wrote:
May 7th, 2014 7:50 pm
IIRC contactisp's name is Trevor :) , from another contact.net thread in the computer section. Or maybe it's a shared account, not sure.
Perfect thanks! I put both to make sure I didn't offend anyone should I have guessed wrong. I've now got everything connected and VPN running perfect its like we never changed anything
In any case I paid my last bill to bell today for cable and internet and am very happy with the USA nexflix and hulu that I have been using for the last month my kids hadn't even noticed that I unplugged the cable boxes to the TV's in the house so this is hopefully the setup I'm going to use for a long time