Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Contact.net] Double Infinite Contact *unlimited 25Mbps $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2015 2:31 pm
Banned
Oct 16, 2008
1010 posts
625 upvotes
"a lot of people got burned. as in my opinion this was preplanned by contact.isp to entrap as many promo customers that they could by a concocted scam by not divulging information to customers so if they wished, they could make a switch to another isp.
voila the January invoice comes and nothing to do but pay or be without
some found the loophole, others have not.will be interesting to see if and how contact.net plugs this hole.
if this is criminal, contact.net shpuld be charged as well as revealing a contact.net customer internet logs online since removed.should the authorities wish I have the original post that they may have."
Aug 11, 2009
877 posts
183 upvotes
Brampton
Okay, Good news people... Just got off the Phones with sales rep from contact. And they have just announced a plan 15 mins ago and it's not even in the website yet. So call and make the change to this plan.

it's Full contact plan
25 download speed
10 upload speed
1000 GB monthly data limit
Dry Loop INCLUDED (yes included $0)
Price $ 34.95 + tax ($39.49)
It's $7 more than our previous deal.
I think it's not bad. Certainly better than $52 a month
So call 1-514-284-4452 and get this plan.
Some people will doubt if i work for contact.net but NO i do not!

OP can also update the title now for convenience of other users.

EDIT : Sales Rep called back and said there is a $50 charge to get this plan AND the price is guaranteed till August 1 2015. So, Now i don't know if this is a good deal. I am going to look at teksavvy and see if they have better pricing than Contact.

EDIT 2 : Called back and the charge was $25 from $50 to renew this plan. Might consider this now.
Jan 2, 2011
168 posts
38 upvotes
Hi guys,

I just called 1-877-305-4155 ext: 802

I was on the Contact+ 15mb/s 100gb for $17.95/month free dryloop. They raised it to $27.95 + 10 dryloop.

The lady was very nice and was aware of no notice being given.

She offered me 6months of free dryloop and credited back the $10 I was charged this month for dryloop.

So paying $27.95/month for 100gb or you can get 500gb for $29.99

At the time it is cheaper than teksavvy by a few dollars so will stay with them for another 6 months and re evaluate
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1472 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
learsid wrote:
Jan 14th, 2015 12:07 pm
Hi guys,

I just called 1-877-305-4155 ext: 802

I was on the Contact+ 15mb/s 100gb for $17.95/month free dryloop. They raised it to $27.95 + 10 dryloop.

The lady was very nice and was aware of no notice being given.

She offered me 6months of free dryloop and credited back the $10 I was charged this month for dryloop.

So paying $27.95/month for 100gb or you can get 500gb for $29.99

At the time it is cheaper than teksavvy by a few dollars so will stay with them for another 6 months and re evaluate
I didn't call but i only emailed them asking about the price increase and they emailed me back with an invoice with -$10 for january. (no explanation given)

also, on their website, i do not see dry loop charge anywhere. did they get ride of dry loop charge?
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
100 upvotes
mathiewannabe wrote:
Jan 14th, 2015 9:49 pm
Did they get ride of dry loop charge?
No, you need to select $10 Dryloop if you need one when placing the order through their website.

New TekSavvy DSL Rates on Bell lines look quite attractive given twice lower Install & Dryloop charges compare to Contact.net, and good customer service record with no new BS every day. All TekSavvy plans are unlimited btw 2am to 8am window, and most download programs can be easily scheduled to download during off-peak hours. Also new TS rates for other providers & provinces.
Aug 8, 2005
642 posts
60 upvotes
Montreal
This is for Ontario only? thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3237 posts
1104 upvotes
Toronto
This is how you inform customers
GiOBoY wrote:
Jan 15th, 2015 10:19 am
I just got an e-mail today:
We are writing to inform you about changes to your Internet access service. Starting with your first billing cycle following February 15, 2015, your current package for 15/1Mbps with 300 GB of usage at $32.99 will become 15/1Mbps with 400 GB of usage at $35.99.

We would like to tell you why.

As you know, TekSavvy delivers the local portion of your Internet access over a third-party incumbent’s platform. The wholesale price we pay for that local access is regulated at rates set by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commissions (CRTC). The rates reflect two parts: access line charges, and aggregate bandwidth charges.

The aggregate bandwidth charges are known as “Capacity Based Billing” or CBB. Put simply, CBB rates are too high. They were too high when they were set years ago. And while bandwidth usage has skyrocketed, there have been no substantial changes to those regulated rates. As a result, what we pay for the use of the local part of the network has increased drastically.

We continue to fight to bring down those costs so that we can minimize their impact on consumers. But at this point, there have not been any significant changes to those CBB prices, and so TekSavvy must adjust its rates and Internet packages. This way we can ensure that we can maintain the level of service you have come to expect from us, and to continue to be competitive in the marketplace.

No action is required on your part. TekSavvy will automatically make the updates to your account.
Our prepaid service does not lock you into a contract, so you can always visit http://myaccount.teksavvy.com to make changes to your services or call us to cancel. Formally, this means that you can refuse this rate increase without cost, penalty, or cancellation indemnity, by calling in to that effect no later than 30 days from this notice, which has informed you that: the change is in force; and that the resulting rate changes will affect billing cycles starting from February 15, 2015.

If you are considering changes, please see our list of packages at http://www.teksavvy.com.

If you have any questions about these changes or the options that you have, please feel free to give us a call at 1.877.779.1575 or visit http://myaccount.teksavvy.com so we can discuss them with you.

Thank you for your continued support and understanding.

TekSavvy Solutions Inc
800 Richmond Street
Chatham, ON N7M 5J5
Jul 23, 2012
56 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
mathiewannabe wrote:
Jan 14th, 2015 9:49 pm
I didn't call but i only emailed them asking about the price increase and they emailed me back with an invoice with -$10 for january. (no explanation given)

also, on their website, i do not see dry loop charge anywhere. did they get ride of dry loop charge?
I got a similar -$10 invoice email as well, also without any explanation. I have yet to see a response to my email either. Think it might be time to go back to TekSavvy.
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
100 upvotes
Troy_McClure wrote:
Jan 15th, 2015 1:40 pm
This is how you inform customers
You're a heavy dreamer though... :razz: Their scheme seems right opposite. Most Contact ISP emails - including New Order or Service Change Request Confirmation or Receipt & Statement, have some key pricing info withheld, such as total installation fee, rate and install fee discount, rate discount period, modem costs, one time service fees, etc. Their promo terms are usually short, its very easy to put all terms into one email and automatically send to subscribers, but they don't... instead you get an email with half-empty terms. When you request to confirm any extra charges by email and explain why they aren't specified on their website, they usually don't. When they call you, they never leave any voicemail.

One might think its endless 20-year old "system glitch", but its NOT. When their CSR calls you later to "confirm" your order, they suddenly start mounting new "clarifications" hiking your total rate up that weren't spelled out in their promos and subscribe pages, and neither in Terms of Service, FAQ or anywhere on Contact.net. Forum reports say, they at times made up new charges on the fly, and those are different depending on which CSR you spoke with and time of day, which some called "scamming".
Jan 15, 2015
3 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sambul92 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2015 4:13 pm
they made up new charges on the fly, and those are different depending on which SC you spoke with and time of day."
I just subscribed to their Double Infinite Contact $34.95 with dryloop included and $75 installation fee (with $25 discount for a Tweet). When their rep called me back, she said my Tweet won't be counted, no $25 discount, since I chosen to pay the installation fee by monthly installments. Nothing like this was in their ad and website. Purely made up excuse to deny the promo terms and charge more.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2003
2385 posts
294 upvotes
So check this out. I went to Speedtest.net to see if Contact was throttling me (I have to do this a lot - and they were). And up pops this ad:

So I click on it. Yeah, no such promo on their website.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Jan 4, 2015
18 posts
5 upvotes
The thieves have yet to post here.
Jan 4, 2015
18 posts
5 upvotes
Called to cancel. Guy told me I still owed money for the 900 GBs I supposedly used. Told him I wouldn't pay it. Tells me he'll have someone call me back by the end of the day. 2 days later, no phone call.
Apr 8, 2008
53 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Gees, I thought I was the Only one with terrible evening internet speeds and I am deeply thinking about cancelling contact.net. BEYOND CRAPPY speeds in the evening from the first day of installation last May. No help at all, BELL technicians came to my place twice and still slow internet speeds in the evening at peak times I am sure there is some throttling going on. I'd recommend to all to deeply reconsider the CONTACT.Net internet as you internet provider. Crap Crap Crap. Technicians from contact.net even told me to consider canceling. Wow, even they don't have faith in there own company.

Maybe I should switch to Teksavy.
Aug 26, 2012
25 posts
4 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I cancelled Contact ISP service. Speed is not good these days.. waited for couple months and finally gave up.