Locked: [Contact.net] Double Infinite Contact *unlimited 25Mbps $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2015 2:31 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1624 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone tried to see if you can connect two smartrg modems to the same phone line? Does Contact.Net allow two ppoe logins?
Banned
Jun 21, 2015
100 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, ON
2 pppoe logins on the same line is possible.
the problem is the modems making noise on the line may knock the other out.
i have done this in the past but what happens is the modems split the line speed profile in half.
so if your line is set to say 20 mbps down you would see 10mbps line sync on both modems.
but anyways... why do you want 2 pppoe logins?
albundy99999999 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2015 8:37 am
Has anyone tried to see if you can connect two smartrg modems to the same phone line? Does Contact.Net allow two ppoe logins?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1871 posts
203 upvotes
Any recent customers ? I was thinking of switching to them
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
4768 posts
905 upvotes
GTA
Does Contact.Net supply a 416 support number? also none of their tech support numbers works on Saturday.

They successfully installed my connnection and later mistakenly uninstalled it. I got zero signal and zero support.

Dissappointed.
Dec 27, 2007
16260 posts
7333 upvotes
Kitchener
- A single static, cooperate IP address from aei.ca has been used by briancontactisp, ContactISP, goodjeo, jtsangle, TheRollingDroid and recently infamouskid to systematically create, bump threads, cross-quoting each others (creating conversations) for the propose of either promoting contact.net or demoting competition. Some of these accounts are used solely for such purpose. Four of them are posing as "long time users and supporters with no affiliation with contact.ca" even when openly questioned by other members.

- That IP address has been in use for such purpose since 2013, posts made with that IP are mostly done during business hours, lots of times just few minutes apart regardless of the account being used.

- While we can't tell for sure whether all these accounts belong to the same person or several office-mates, strong evidence suggests that infamouskid and briancontactisp are the same user.

- As per the forum posting rules, all of the above accounts were "permanently banned" and all threads promoting contact.ca will be locked.

- For contact.net guys, you might want to consider emailing biz@redflagdeals.com to discuss "legitimate" advertising options.

Caveat Emptor