Locked: [Contact.net] Double Infinite Contact *unlimited 25Mbps $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2015 2:31 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4022 posts
777 upvotes
Kitchener
I feel kind of stupid for signing up two months ago for 10/1 now.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Temp. Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32103 posts
8353 upvotes
GTHA
wilsonlam97 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2014 7:43 pm
Is the price permanent?

Edit:
Dang. Then I guess this isn't for me considering that I have to buy or rent a modem.
I can not find this on the page. :confused:
[OP]
May 26, 2011
420 posts
66 upvotes
Etobicoke
EPcjay wrote:
Apr 1st, 2014 7:45 pm
Kinda funny how OP bashed contact.net and now he's posting a deal for them.
contact-net-infinite-contact-promo-15-1 ... st18468146
Yes, I gave my 2 cents, as I was not happy about the 10 months up front fee. I did not bash them, I told them how I felt about their march promotion. I have wanted to try out their service for a while now, and with this new offer, I will. I am just spreading the word about what I think is a Hot Deal.
Feb 13, 2014
41 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
If the guy from Contact.net is going to reply to this topic like he did in the other deal thread.

I am wondering if I can just switch to your 100GB 6mbps from another 6mpbs ISP without a technician coming to the house. I don't need 25mbps and even if I did the deal breaker would be a technician required to come into the house because it would be hard for me to be home. Nothing is said in your FAQ, some ISP require and some don't need you to be home for 6mbps service.
Aug 2, 2012
296 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
I'm assuming they rent Bell's lines? Not too sure if DSL or Cable.
Apr 6, 2012
155 posts
55 upvotes
Their installation team rarely makes it on time. They may not even show up tomorrow if you've not followed up and confirmed if they are coming tomorrow. Try to call in the morning before they come and cancel it. :) . And wait until they process the cancellation. And sign up for this new deal.
MaximDude wrote:
Apr 1st, 2014 8:03 pm
Wow this feels like a kick in the teeth! I just signed up for their 15/1 promotion literally last week and now this promotion comes out which is the one I REALLY wanted?!!??! :evil:

I called them up, but only got their voice mail and my installation for the 15/1 is tomorrow. If I can't change my order I'm going to be PISSED!! :mad:
Feb 16, 2012
256 posts
289 upvotes
Vancouver
Which modem would we need to buy in order to get full usage of the 25/10 speeds?

I saw in another thread, this modem on Amazon.ca, but it only gets 24/3.5 speeds: http://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-TD-8817-AD ... T8ZB3Z95RF
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3977 posts
230 upvotes
Mississauga
medethic wrote:
Apr 1st, 2014 8:32 pm
Their installation team rarely makes it on time. They may not even show up tomorrow if you've not followed up and confirmed if they are coming tomorrow. Try to call in the morning before they come and cancel it. :) . And wait until they process the cancellation. And sign up for this new deal.
I did receive an email from the a couple of days ago with login info and what not, so I'm assuming they'll be here tomorrow when I've scheduled them for a morning installation. I wonder if its going to cost me anything to turn them away?? :(

Also another thing that sucks is that now I'm kinda stuck in the middle. I'm with Teksavvy right now and my service with them ends April 6th. So I'm either forced to wait another month before signing up with Contact on this promotion, or else I have to go at least several days without any internet service. I know that's not the end of the world, but still it just doesn't feel right to not have internet access at my finger tips. :(
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
[OP]
May 26, 2011
420 posts
66 upvotes
Etobicoke
MaximDude wrote:
Apr 1st, 2014 8:47 pm
I did receive an email from the a couple of days ago with login info and what not, so I'm assuming they'll be here tomorrow when I've scheduled them for a morning installation. I wonder if its going to cost me anything to turn them away?? :(

Also another thing that sucks is that now I'm kinda stuck in the middle. I'm with Teksavvy right now and my service with them ends April 6th. So I'm either forced to wait another month before signing up with Contact on this promotion, or else I have to go at least several days without any internet service. I know that's not the end of the world, but still it just doesn't feel right to not have internet access at my finger tips. :(
What about tethering off your cell phone? for a few days.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2012
2585 posts
312 upvotes
Ontario
Meh, DSL not the greatest.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2012
2585 posts
312 upvotes
Ontario
SlightlyStewpid wrote:
Apr 1st, 2014 8:27 pm
I'm assuming they rent Bell's lines? Not too sure if DSL or Cable.
Dryloop=DSL

If this uses VDSL I might consider it.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3977 posts
230 upvotes
Mississauga
gregster64 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2014 9:58 pm
What about tethering off your cell phone? for a few days.
I currently only have 100mb with Fido now. :(
Geek123 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2014 10:04 pm
Dryloop=DSL

If this uses VDSL I might consider it.
25/10 is VDSL.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Nov 3, 2013
35 posts
3 upvotes
Thornhill
Is the promotion for 1 year? till Jan 2015? permanent? :?:
Nov 2, 2012
186 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
How long can we keep this deal? Forever? Does it go up after 1 year?

I'm in the 10/1 plan now, can I use the same modem TP-link TD-8616 adsl2+ not vdsl. ?

Where's the rep that on here most of the time?
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1152 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I don't thnk the full contract works with bring your own modem btw. So you'll have to buy/rent one from them.
not valid anymore contact has updated their site.