Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Contact.net] Double Infinite Contact *unlimited 25Mbps $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2015 2:31 pm
Apr 2, 2009
829 posts
134 upvotes
Markham
There's also the Contact Plus+ for only $18/month. That's great for my in-laws house. Faster than Rogers Lite and way more bandwidth, and almost 1/3 the price.

[QUOTE]CONTACT PLUS+ 15Mbps 100GB
Free Dryloop, Free Installation
ONLY 17.95/month[/QUOTE]
Feb 8, 2013
10 posts
first post :)

do they have a satisfaction guarantee? says nothing on the website. I don't want to drop $250 on a modem only to find out the service sucks in my area or something :S
Jan 29, 2010
170 posts
33 upvotes
Scarborough
Signed up for the 15/1 promo back in Dec. 2013. Hoping I can I switch to 25/10 relatively easily.
May 5, 2007
94 posts
52 upvotes
Mississauga
15/1 prices Guaranteed until Dec. 31st, 2014
Oct 30, 2008
32 posts
7 upvotes
Any guarantees on this rate?
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11420 posts
2394 upvotes
Montreal
Geek123 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2014 10:04 pm
If this uses VDSL I might consider it.
On one hand, you seem to pretend that you know there is a difference between DSL and VDSL.
On the other hand, you don't seem to know that there is no way that 25mbps is anything BUT VDSL.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2495 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can you bring your own modem?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1205 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
Does it still show your locale as Montreal when you are in Toronto? Great deal, but changing every website location manually was annoying.
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1611 upvotes
North York
ummm all services from bell for broadband to residents is some form of dsl.
dryloop is just the term they use to activate a copper bundle with no dial tone.

7/1 is ADSL1
15/1 is ADSL2+
25/10 is VDSL2

these are all different products that operate on different platforms.
some fed service from CO some fed from Remote.
prices will vary to contact so i am not sure if they can just move you over.
there may be a price difference that might have to be paid up front.
i don't work for them but if it was my company and there was a difference in cost upfront.
i would be asking for this difference to be paid to make the move over.
for those of you on the 15/1 promo i hope contact can work something out for you guys.
i am pretty sure they will because i been with them almost a year now and the customer service and network performance has been great.
contact/AEI are veteran TPIA compared to tsi,start,3web,acanac... list goes on.
there has only been a few ISP's to survive since the dial up days and they are one of them.
off the top of my head i only only think of 2 names that still exist and remain independent since the early 90's and that's AEI/contact and colba.
everyone else... gone... internet direct/look.ca got bought by rogers and everyone else was either merged or bellied up.

if there are some of you out there still on the fence you shouldn't be.
i used to be a strong supporter of TSI only in the past because of how they operated under rocky at the helm.
but since rocky left and mark took over and pretty much gave anyone loyal to rocky a package and boot out the door.
it's gone downhill and the company is now in a totally different direction and is only interested growth.
you feel it when you call in now... the techs are less knowledgeable and friendly and your no longer greeted by that familiar person who knows your name and will actually call you back.

i get this treatment now from contact which is pretty much why i am probably going to renew. and for those who have been here long enough and followed some of my posts and threads,
particularly the mlppp thread... you know i am serious when i talk about this stuff.

Geek123 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2014 10:04 pm
Dryloop=DSL

If this uses VDSL I might consider it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5190 posts
1454 upvotes
Space
That's a pretty good deal, hot even. Tempted to switch myself.
Jan 19, 2010
46 posts
3 upvotes
Which modem is best from contact? Or should I buy my own modem? They supply smartrg or anther 1?
Oct 6, 2007
992 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'd switch to this right now if they could give me more information about what happens after Dec 31, 2014... will the price triple or can we expect it to go up by maybe a few bucks...?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1055 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
Could we get Static IP with this service? if yes, how much does it cost?

I am assuming nothing is blocked in terms of services and hosting servers are allowed, I am thinking of using this for my web server.
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Holy smokes. I'm so happy that our new promotions are generating so much conversation. Please be patient as I try and get to all your questions. Thanks!
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1478 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
ContactISP wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2014 9:15 am
Holy smokes. I'm so happy that our new promotions are generating so much conversation. Please be patient as I try and get to all your questions. Thanks!
i checked availability checker for my apartment in toronto and it said it could only give me the cheapest one (6 mbps...). is that accurate? my unit is internet/phone ready